Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 68712 times)

Re: Football is back!!!
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2020, 02:00:14 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1316180624571600896

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get him on the cheap. Just like Bill to wait till nobody wants someone that's considered a headcase.

Taking on another headcase after Antonio Brown. That would be funny.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2020, 03:25:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1316180624571600896

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get him on the cheap. Just like Bill to wait till nobody wants someone that's considered a headcase.

Taking on another headcase after Antonio Brown. That would be funny.
Pittsburgh are looking pretty wise. Undefeated and both AB and Le'Veon are teamless
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2020, 11:44:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2020, 12:43:43 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Another headcase to the KC team. Hopefully, they implode. And I think it's better for opposing teams if the ball goes to Bell than Mahomes running it lol.

Chiefs D still looking suspect.

« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2020, 09:47:40 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
It's back, but for how long.  The league is teetering precariously on the edge.  Another team (Colts) has to shut down today, and we still don't know about the ATL/MIN game.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/colts-close-facility-on-friday-after-several-positive-covid-19-tests-122231381.html
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2020, 09:07:49 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The NFC east is just so bad this season.  The team who wins that division is going to end up sub .500 and it will be the worst possible outcome for whichever team is unlucky enough to win the division.

I mean, I enjoy beating a division rival, but I really have a bad feeling the Giants beating Washington yesterday is going to come back to haunt them just as it did last season.  I would have just preferred they took the loss and kept chugging along towards the worst record and the top pick.

« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
The NFC east is just so bad this season.  The team who wins that division is going to end up sub .500 and it will be the worst possible outcome for whichever team is unlucky enough to win the division.

I mean, I enjoy beating a division rival, but I really have a bad feeling the Giants beating Washington yesterday is going to come back to haunt them just as it did last season.  I would have just preferred they took the loss and kept chugging along towards the worst record and the top pick.

You know what coaches and GM says...don't make it obvious to tank and try to win some games at least lol

« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2020, 10:12:01 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Look at it this way, you will be spared the pain of seeing the Giants pass on Trevor Lawrence in favor of Daniel Jones.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2020, 10:14:53 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
A phenomenal day for the Jets yesterday. With their loss + NYG & ATL wins, they now have the inside track to #1!

Lets see how they could possibly mess this up  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2020, 10:15:42 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Look at it this way, you will be spared the pain of seeing the Giants pass on Trevor Lawrence in favor of Daniel Jones.
Having to watch Daniel Jones throw up on the field over and over again may be what happens in purgatory... so it's the perfect punishment for Giants fans  ;D 
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2020, 10:30:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Having to watch Daniel Jones throw up on the field over and over again may be what happens in purgatory... so it's the perfect punishment for Giants fans  ;D

I feel for them a little.  I’m a Bears fan, and I’m reminded on a weekly basis that we traded up to take Mitch Trubisky over DeShawn Watson (my strong preference at the time) and Pat Mahomes.

The Bears traded three premium picks to move up, including the picks to take Alvin Kamara and Fred Warner, a starting linebacker.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:40:38 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2020, 10:40:33 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

I feel for them a little.  I’m a Bears fan, and I’m reminded on a weekly basis that we traded up to take Mitch Trubisky over DeShawn Watson (my strong preference at the time) and Pat Mahomes.
Yeah, that was tough lol. For a while there, it looked like Trubisky had potential to be good... than his career went off the rails.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
A phenomenal day for the Jets yesterday. With their loss + NYG & ATL wins, they now have the inside track to #1!

Lets see how they could possibly mess this up  :laugh:
They could only mess it up by firing Gase.  If they keep him, that team has no chance of winning a game.  Miami didn't convert a third down opportunity until the final play (Tua baby!) yet still dominated the game.

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2020, 04:15:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Our Celtics lose to MIA - and allow LAL to win their 17th Banner and finally TIE us.

My Atlanta Braves BLOW a 3-1 lead to yet ANOTHER Los Angeles team...............Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz are somewhere crying, like I am.

And NOW my Washington Football team gives the Lowly NY Giants their FIRST WIN.....

Just a BAD sports time all around for me.

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2020, 04:45:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Watching Jones is definitely disappointing, for a minute he looked like he might be the franchise QB we were looking for.  Oh well, I guess not, at least we didn't draft Haskins.  Hopefully Dave Gettleman is done making draft picks for Big Blue.  He's making Jerry Reese look like Ernie Accorsi (man I miss the days of having a competent GM).

But if all of this is the price to pay for being able rub dirt in the wounds of Pats fans after having ruined their perfect season and forever holding bragging rights so be it.  I can live with that.  I mean, last time I checked Tom Brady's birth certificate did still list Eli Manning as his father. :P

And NOW my Washington Football team gives the Lowly NY Giants their FIRST WIN.....

Honestly, you should be happy they lost to the Giants.  Both teams suck and need major infusions of talent through the draft.