Author Topic: Pacers hand the Lakers their second lost of the season!  (Read 16045 times)

Re: Pacers hand the Lakers their second lost of the season!
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Don't get caught up too much in LA's losses.

We will have to go through them in the finals.

And it won't be easy.  They are a solid squad, period.

San Antonio or Portland may stop them.

And we could get beat by Cleveland or Detroit.

But that is not going to happen.

Boston v LA in the finals this year is all but set....as long as no injuries.

You must not be a superstitious man.

I am, and I hate seeing comments like that because its like putting a huge HEX over our heads.

Nothing is set.  The season is long from being over, and there are many trades and other moves that can still take place to change the outlook of things *coughWally Szcerbiaks expiring contractcough*

....since im in a movie quoting mood due to the movie line trivia thread, I'll end my post here with a quote.....

"Assumptions are the mother of all **** up's."
Greg

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 01:00:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Don't get caught up too much in LA's losses.

We will have to go through them in the finals.

And it won't be easy.  They are a solid squad, period.

San Antonio or Portland may stop them.

And we could get beat by Cleveland or Detroit.

But that is not going to happen.

Boston v LA in the finals this year is all but set....as long as no injuries.

You must not be a superstitious man.

I am, and I hate seeing comments like that because its like putting a huge HEX over our heads.

Nothing is set.  The season is long from being over, and there are many trades and other moves that can still take place to change the outlook of things *coughWally Szcerbiaks expiring contractcough*

....since im in a movie quoting mood due to the movie line trivia thread, I'll end my post here with a quote.....

"Assumptions are the mother of all **** up's."
TP to you. Thou shall not tempt fate!

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 08:20:55 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
The Lakers defense is a fraud. It's just a zone where they use their excellent size. The same D that they played last year when they just got Gasol. They were supposed to be a good defensive team going into the finals last year as well. We all know how that turned out.

Indy made the Celtics D look pretty fraudulent too

I'm not saying this off one game. Since the beginning when everyone was praising there defense. Last year when they went into the finals they were supposed to be a top defensive team, but when they left they were known as a horrible one.

There defense is good, but not at the level the media would have you think.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:48:03 AM by ManUp »

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 09:19:38 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
I have a theory about the Lakers' defense.  Their D is indeed one of the league's best - when both of their bigs are allowed to stay inside, protect the paint and block shots.  But if a team has a big man that can come outside and torch a D with his jumper, then all of a sudden that upsets the scheme.  Troy Murphy did it for the Pacers, and Rasheed Wallace did for Detroit.  At that point, a good slasher (see:  Iverson, Allen or Granger, Danny) has enough room to get inside and have his way.  When this happens, the entire defense struggles and they end up having to try to outshoot the other team.   

I'm looking forward to seeing them play against Utah on January 2, assuming the Jazz are healthy.  Mehmet Okur can pull a big man out of the paint, and Deron Williams will be able to get whatever he wants.  They have the kind of offense that can score on the Lakers - the variable will be whether they can play enough D to win.

As for the Celtics, I think we have both parts of the formula.  Not only am I confident in our ability to limit LA's points, but Kevin Garnett has the ability to step out to 18 feet which should let Rondo and Pierce get to the rim at will.   

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lakers were up 16 with under 11:00 left in the game and lost.

It seems to me that giving up huge second half leads and losing games is just something that comes natural to this Lakers team every once in a while.

Hehehehehe!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hopefully we can beat the Pacers today and send a message.  They legitimately blew us out in the last game.  It was really the only buttkicking we have had in the last couple seasons.

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Lakers were up 16 with under 11:00 left in the game and lost.

It seems to me that giving up huge second half leads and losing games is just something that comes natural to this Lakers team every once in a while.

Hehehehehe!!!!!

super TP's, that made me smile :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I have a theory about the Lakers' defense.  Their D is indeed one of the league's best - when both of their bigs are allowed to stay inside, protect the paint and block shots.  But if a team has a big man that can come outside and torch a D with his jumper, then all of a sudden that upsets the scheme.  Troy Murphy did it for the Pacers, and Rasheed Wallace did for Detroit.  At that point, a good slasher (see:  Iverson, Allen or Granger, Danny) has enough room to get inside and have his way.  When this happens, the entire defense struggles and they end up having to try to outshoot the other team.   

I'm looking forward to seeing them play against Utah on January 2, assuming the Jazz are healthy.  Mehmet Okur can pull a big man out of the paint, and Deron Williams will be able to get whatever he wants.  They have the kind of offense that can score on the Lakers - the variable will be whether they can play enough D to win.

As for the Celtics, I think we have both parts of the formula.  Not only am I confident in our ability to limit LA's points, but Kevin Garnett has the ability to step out to 18 feet which should let Rondo and Pierce get to the rim at will.   

Dead on IMO. Nicely said... TP

Bynum is a bruiser but is not mobile enough to get back and take care of a driving Rondo, AI, or Granger if a mobile face-up big draws him out. Very well done.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."