Author Topic: antoine walker as a laker?  (Read 15069 times)

Re: antoine walker as a laker?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 10:17:43 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It won't happen.  But I could definitely see Stephon Marbury as a Laker.

PLEASE let that happen. A cancer like that is just what the Lakers need. ;D
Exactly.  I'd love to see their chemistry drop a notch or two.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 10:36:32 AM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
It won't happen.  But I could definitely see Stephon Marbury as a Laker.

PLEASE let that happen. A cancer like that is just what the Lakers need. ;D
Exactly.  I'd love to see their chemistry drop a notch or two.

I don't see the Lakers making any move at all, really. What's the point? They're already ridiculously deep. If they did, it would be something Cassell-like -- just a leadership/extra coach kind of thing.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I don't think the Lakers are "ridiculously deep."  IMHO they lack depth at the pg position and are too "Kobe centric" on offense.

The Lakers are good, but they've played 10 out of 15 games at home and their only impressive road win was against New Orleans, which was without Tyson Chandler.

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't think the Lakers are "ridiculously deep."  IMHO they lack depth at the pg position and are too "Kobe centric" on offense.

The Lakers are good, but they've played 10 out of 15 games at home and their only impressive road win was against New Orleans, which was without Tyson Chandler.

you dont like farmer at the point witht he 10-12 backup minutes availble? They've got a good starter in fisher and a very good backup in farmer, what do they need starbury clamering about taking farmer's minutes for?

as to being to Kobe centric on offense, thats by design, so i doubt there going to aquire a PG with huge chemistry issues and then hand over some of the offense to him just to please us. I agree with you, but thats like saying the cavs are to lebron centric. Its true, but its by design of thier team.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9

you dont like farmer at the point witht he 10-12 backup minutes availble? They've got a good starter in fisher and a very good backup in farmer, what do they need starbury clamering about taking farmer's minutes for?

as to being to Kobe centric on offense, thats by design, so i doubt there going to aquire a PG with huge chemistry issues and then hand over some of the offense to him just to please us. I agree with you, but thats like saying the cavs are to lebron centric. Its true, but its by design of thier team.

Agreed. Maybe "ridiculously" was hyperbolic, but, Fisher/Farmar is a very good PG combo for that team. The front court is ridiculous (comfortable saying it this time) and Bryant/Ariza/Radmanovic is a nice rotation at the 3. Walton has been serviceable in the past, too.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
The Cavs are much less "LeBron centric" than they were last year, although it is a weakness, just as LA's overreliance on Kobe is a weakness.

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't think Fisher is a good starter at all, and he hasn't been for a while.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:38:02 PM by BballTim »

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 12:41:33 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Add to that Farmar's inability to play any semblence of defense, and I think its fair to say that pg is the Laker's weakest position.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Can't say I would see Antione as a Laker (nor Marbury). Phoenix is struggling a bit, maybe there are opportunities for those two in Phoenix.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 01:17:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Add to that Farmar's inability to play any semblence of defense, and I think its fair to say that pg is the Laker's weakest position.

If you say so, i think thats a bit tinted. I've caught 5 lakers games now on NBAtv thanks to thier habit of scheduling them every stinking day, and Farmer is a good defender. no rondo certainly, but he's fine, and he hits his shots of kobe's drive and can get his own offense off drives.

Also, fisher is still playing pretty good basketball. since Kobe brings the ball up ala' lebron, all his PG needs to do is be ready to take the ball up off a trap and hit open shots, both of which fisher and farmer are doing.

They may go after another PG late, but i fail to see why it would be a cancerous guy for no reason.

I mean, if we take the glasses off for a second, which im as guilty of wearing as anyone, we have a bigger problem at PG then they do. Id rather have farmer as my backup PG than house playing out of position or pruitt who hasen't proved anything yet, never mind that they have played kobe at one guard spot for 2-4 minute stretchs this year with sasha at the other to get sasha a few more minutes, and thats actually worked out great for them with ariza at the 3.

Pg is a weakness for the lakers in the same way that center is a weakness for us. Its thier on paper but doesn't seem to be hurting them. they might shore that up pre-playoffs, but it wont be a team killer like marbury.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:24:41 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
Farmar is a good defender. It's his shot that is inconsistent.

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I mean, if we take the glasses off for a second, which im as guilty of wearing as anyone, we have a bigger problem at PG then they do. Id rather have farmer as my backup PG than house playing out of position or pruitt who hasen't proved anything yet, never mind that they have played kobe at one guard spot for 2-4 minute stretchs this year with sasha at the other to get sasha a few more minutes, and thats actually worked out great for them with ariza at the 3.

We only have a bigger problem at pg than them if you consider Fisher to be as good or better than Rondo.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

We only have a bigger problem at pg than them if you consider Fisher to be as good or better than Rondo.

no, not really, thats why i only mentioned the backups.

i said at backup PG, not starter. to me, purley as a PG, Farmer/kobe..well.... they use kobe as the PG with sasha in a alot now, but thats not fair for comparision, lets call it sasha/farmer , is better than house (who i lvoe but is a 2)/pruitt (who we have no idea what were going to get).

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

i said at backup PG, not starter. to me, purley as a PG, Farmer/kobe..well.... they use kobe as the PG with sasha in a alot now, but thats not fair for comparision, lets call it sasha/farmer , is better than house (who i lvoe but is a 2)/pruitt (who we have no idea what were going to get).

Alright, I just took off my green clover goggles and I still see no way that Farmar is better than House.  There is just no way. 

House is a better shooter, and regularly hits his shot in the clutch.  He is a much better defender, its not even close really.  And whether he is out of position or not; he has claimed a championship ring playing backup pg.  If I remember correctly, Farmer played like a deer in the headlights in the Finals causing Phil to severely cut his minutes. 

Eddie takes a lot of heat for being a better shooter than dribbler, but we should all recognize that he is playing backup pg and he is doing a pretty good job there.

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 04:48:51 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

And the Lakers have a major hole at their staring PG which sort of balances it out in my mind.  Unless you don't think Rondo will blow by Fisher like he's standing still?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10