Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Wizards (1-2) Round 2 Game 4 5/7/17  (Read 108633 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Wizards (1-2) Round 2 Game 4 5/7/17
« Reply #840 on: May 07, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Going to be a long time until Tuesday.

Wednesday is next game and we need more rest. KG retreat anyone?

If this team had 2008 KG, we'd be in the Finals. No joke.

He'd literally solve all our remaining problems/needs.

Pierce and KG need to be on the front row Wednesday.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #841 on: May 07, 2017, 08:48:38 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
The dreaded offensive rebound bites us again. The too small Celtics were bulldozed by a bigger, longer, more reliable shooting team.

Again...IT is a defensive liability. If his scoring stutters in he least, he opens the flood gates for the opposing team.

Smart has played terribly these last two games. "Clunk" needs to find a way to score the ball well enough to justify his minutes. Marcus must hear the steps of Rozier closing in.

Yes... that's why during scoring stutters you hook him for Rozier, especially against this team

« Reply #842 on: May 07, 2017, 08:49:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Green makes back to back 3s now that he finally plays

« Reply #843 on: May 07, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Pretty much, yeah.

But yay for small ball!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #844 on: May 07, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Celtics making Washington look like an historic team is embarrassing. Never been more embarrassed as a Celtics fan at any point in 30 plus years. 26-0 shouldn't even happen in high school. Even when the Celtics sucked in the 90's at least you expected it but to suck this bad in the playoffs against average Washington? Pathetic, DA has a ton of work to do this roster is far from competing for a title.

26-0 run happening on top of several abysmal 1st quarter performances should really question the coaching and his job security.

I dont think Stevens has as much talent as everyone else left in the playoffs. I won't judge him until Ainge upgrades the $20  million + he's spending on Amir and Zeller.

that's fair i guess. doc shoulda had at least 2 titles. maybe 3 if we did not have injuries in 09 and 2011
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #845 on: May 07, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Brown driving dishing to Green....

« Reply #846 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Keep in mind fellas, we still have the lottery.

yet nobody answered my questions. howlong will we give young picks to pan out? what is our timeline? we are in year 4 of a complete rebuild.

In order for this team to take the next step..winning the East...they must get a max player who is a legit scorer...Paul George, Butler, Hayward

« Reply #847 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:10 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
People seriously think this is about effort?  Seriously?  And brown is in during garbage time.  His play right now is less than meaningless.

« Reply #848 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Pierce and KG need to be on the front row Wednesday.

hell let's get cousy and havlicek and parrish and mchale while we are at it!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #849 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
24 minutes for Marcus Smart. 1 rebound

1 minute for Jaylen Brown. 1 rebound

I'm not sure where this hate for Smart is coming from. He hasn't played great offensively tonight, but he's never really great offensively. He's out there for his defense and playmaking. AB and Crowder have been way, way worse on both sides of the ball tonight, and they, along with Stevens, are the major factors in us losing tonight.
Because Smart is not what was advertised and what is advertised. He is not a major part of this team. He's Kurt Rambis. Kurt was a good player. He had some toughness. He played hard. He had a cult following. I thoroughly respect Kurt Rambis. He wasn't picked 6th I don't think, but he's a good player. Kurt was intelligent also. Yay Kurt Rambis.

Whereas Avery and Jae are better than we thought when we got them. They overachieved from what we thought would happen. Smart underachieved.

« Reply #850 on: May 07, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No way this happens with PP or KG. 26-0 run...****

« Reply #851 on: May 07, 2017, 08:51:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Celtics making Washington look like an historic team is embarrassing. Never been more embarrassed as a Celtics fan at any point in 30 plus years. 26-0 shouldn't even happen in high school. Even when the Celtics sucked in the 90's at least you expected it but to suck this bad in the playoffs against average Washington? Pathetic, DA has a ton of work to do this roster is far from competing for a title.

26-0 run happening on top of several abysmal 1st quarter performances should really question the coaching and his job security.

I dont think Stevens has as much talent as everyone else left in the playoffs. I won't judge him until Ainge upgrades the $20  million + he's spending on Amir and Zeller.

Well said. TP.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #852 on: May 07, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

yet nobody answered my questions. howlong will we give young picks to pan out? what is our timeline? we are in year 4 of a complete rebuild.

In order for this team to take the next step..winning the East...they must get a max player who is a legit scorer...Paul George, Butler, Hayward

thanks for giving an answer.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #853 on: May 07, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Everyone thinks Fultz will play 30+ minutes a game. I don't think they have been paying attention to our log jam at guard or Jaylen's rookie year. Especially his playoff run.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #854 on: May 07, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
24 minutes for Marcus Smart. 1 rebound

1 minute for Jaylen Brown. 1 rebound

I'm not sure where this hate for Smart is coming from. He hasn't played great offensively tonight, but he's never really great offensively. He's out there for his defense and playmaking. AB and Crowder have been way, way worse on both sides of the ball tonight, and they, along with Stevens, are the major factors in us losing tonight.
Because Smart is not what was advertised and what is advertised. He is not a major part of this team. He's Kurt Rambis. Kurt was a good player. He had some toughness. He played hard. He had a cult following. I thoroughly respect Kurt Rambis. He wasn't picked 6th I don't think, but he's a good player. Kurt was intelligent also. Yay Kurt Rambis.

Whereas Avery and Jae are better than we thought when we got them. They overachieved from what we thought would happen. Smart underachieved.

Man we could use a player like Rambis right now....