Author Topic: Celtics Will Win Game 2 And The Series  (Read 7343 times)

Re: Celtics Will Win Game 2 And The Series
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I said Celts in six and I still believe that.

Yup, me too ... my prediction was Heat, Celts, Celts, Celts, Heat, Celts. I was still hoping they'd win today, but I am confident we'll win in six, and clinch it at home.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 05:57:03 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Yup, me too ... my prediction was Heat, Celts, Celts, Celts, Heat, Celts. I was still hoping they'd win today, but I am confident we'll win in six, and clinch it at home.

Me too, Man....me too.

I'm already over last night. Now on to tuesday. Still a lot of games left until June. MIA is just a speedbump (albeit a rather large one) on the way to the Finals in June.

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Celtics will win tomorrow and this series 4-2.

GO CELTICSĦĦĦ BEAT HEATĦĦĦ

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I've never been more happy after a loss than this.

I'll take a 9 point loss anyday, when..
-Rondo plays..just decent I guess. He only had 5 turnovers but there were a good amount of passes he just should not have tried, that led to turnovers and if I'm not mistaken the C's would always go on a run then he or someone on the team would turn the ball over.
-Pierce gets ejected(albeit in the 4th)
-the whole team plays like garbage(except for Ray and KG's defense - props to holding Bosh to 7 pts)
-James Jones has the game of his LIFE
-Wade makes shot after shot after shot and goes OFF

Seriously..if you even take 10 pts off of James Jones 25 total points(and that's being modest), Celtics win. There's no way the team plays this bad again, especially not in game 2, and there's NO WAY James Jones erupts for 25 points, that includes 5 three pointers and 10/10 FREE THROWS.

I cannot wait for game 2, this team should've already been fired up, but this game should fire them up even more and serve as a wake up call. This loss will only help make this team stronger, they'll deal with adversity, the new guys will deal with adversity and they can go through it together and become a better team.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Totally agree.  I called my friend after the game and said that the loss could not have been a better loss.  The Celtics rotated terribly to Jones & Wade, and even interior defense was sub par.

With our w/o Shaq the Celtics should win.  I fully expect a game 2 victory and can't wait for the game.  In the meantime I'm avoiding the media b/c they have no idea.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 09:15:16 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Totally agree.  I called my friend after the game and said that the loss could not have been a better loss.  The Celtics rotated terribly to Jones & Wade, and even interior defense was sub par.

With our w/o Shaq the Celtics should win.  I fully expect a game 2 victory and can't wait for the game.  In the meantime I'm avoiding the media b/c they have no idea.

Couldn't have said it better. The media would try their hardest to spin in into whatever they want, but Celtics are the better team in this series

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Hear hear! Celtics in 5 would make my month. Although I hear Game 6 is scheduled exactly a year after we eliminated Cleveland so I know a few Cavs fans praying for a Game 6 annihilation to give Lebron a memorable anniversary present ;D
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

/co sign
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Yup. The Celtics have this. Outside of Ray Allen, the Celtics played pretty darn bad. ...And yet they were constantly getting back in the game.

Rondo and KG need to have a bigger impact on the game. When they do, Boston will be winning games.

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

-Rondo plays..just decent I guess. He only had 5 turnovers but there were a good amount of passes he just should not have tried, that led to turnovers and if I'm not mistaken the C's would always go on a run then he or someone on the team would turn the ball over.
-the whole team plays like garbage(except for Ray and KG's defense - props to holding Bosh to 7 pts)

Seriously..if you even take 10 pts off of James Jones 25 total points(and that's being modest), Celtics win. There's no way the team plays this bad again, especially not in game 2, and there's NO WAY James Jones erupts for 25 points, that includes 5 three pointers and 10/10 FREE THROWS.

I cannot wait for game 2, this team should've already been fired up, but this game should fire them up even more and serve as a wake up call. This loss will only help make this team stronger, they'll deal with adversity, the new guys will deal with adversity and they can go through it together and become a better team.

These are good points, but don't we have to consider the possibility that a big part of the reason the Celtics played so poorly in Game 1 was what the other team was doing?

The Heat played great defense and exploited the Celtics' major weaknesses.  The Celtics were unable to return the favor.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I had Heat, Celts, Celts, Heat, Celts, Celts, but I like your way better  :)

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
tuesday's winner will win the series IMO. I do expect a better effort from boston...limit the turnovers and they will win

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

These are good points, but don't we have to consider the possibility that a big part of the reason the Celtics played so poorly in Game 1 was what the other team was doing?

The Heat played great defense and exploited the Celtics' major weaknesses.  The Celtics were unable to return the favor.

Yes, and that's also part of dictating the game..it could be the same thing if the Celtics win and Heat lose, that the C's played extremely well.

It's the fact that, yes Miami played great defense, but at the same time if the CELTICS played better defense(as in not leaving Jones wide open, or fouling him so much) the Celtics could have won easily or in a nailbiter...and that's with the poor play of the team. It's the fact that we all know the team can play SO much better than it did yesterday. If you ask me the loss came from both Miami's play as well as the C's shooting themselves in the feet(turnovers, losing the mind games..you can't tell me the Heat caused Pierce to lose the ball twice like that, that was just sloppy play.)

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
the problem starts at the defense IMO. Celtics have an elite defense, but we didnt see that sunday. they allowed 99points...thats something that has to be blamed on the celtics, not the heat...poor rotations, James jones left wide open at the 3line time and time again even when he was hot...thats poor defense more than great offense

we close out on those jones 3pointers, have better defensive rotation? we could win that game even with offensive woes and turnovers.

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I believe in the title of this thread, but I'm not really ready to talk about it yet.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner