Author Topic: Wouldn't Butler , KD, IT trio trump anything OKC can put together?  (Read 5835 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Say we can trade for Butler on draft night

Bos sends : AB, Crowder , #3,Dallas pick
Chi sends : Butler

Leaves us enough cap to sign Durant to a max and Horford for a close to max deal.

Leaves us with

IT                  / Rozier
Butler           / Smart
KD                / Vet
KO               / Mickey
Horford         / Vet

to me that roster is better than anything OKC can put together this year .

Re: Wouldn't Butler , KD, IT trio trump anything OKC can put together?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:41:05 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
yea basically DA would have to do the same as he did with KG in 2006... If he made a move to get say Butler or even Harden that would entice Durant to come to Boston... still saying it isa bit far fetched but nevertheless a possibility

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Leaves us enough cap to sign Durant to a max and Horford for a close to max deal.

Leaves us with

Butler           / Smart
KD                / Vet
Horford         / Vet

That is an absolute overpay for Butler, and I wouldn't even do that without a consent agreement by Durant to come over.

And even then, AB/Crowder would be the perfect players to put next to Durant. Bradley is one of the best at guarding Curry.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Leaves us with

Butler           / Smart
KD                / Vet
Horford         / Vet

That is an absolute overpay for Butler, and I wouldn't even do that without a consent agreement by Durant to come over.

And even then, AB/Crowder would be the perfect players to put next to Durant. Bradley is one of the best at guarding Curry.

well it may be an overpay , but well worth it if it gets KD here .

Butler is a 20/5/5 player with all NBA defense . He would be a perfect 2nd option to Durant, and IT would be # 3 option with Horford taking care of business down low .

Plus you still have Smart as an elite defender off the bench , and Rozier who can guard quicker PG's .

Would have to add some shooting on the wing off the bench , and a vet big man .

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 10:58:55 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll be honest, while I think #3 + Smart might be an overpay, if through some back channels Ainge could find out trading for Butler would get us KD, I'd pull the trigger.

And truthfully, I like the quartet of Thomas - Bradley - Butler - Durant more than if Smart replaced Bradley in that trio.  Same elite defense, better offense.  Throw Crowder into that mix and you really have a top flight perimeter attack on both ends of the court.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I'll be honest, while I think #3 + Smart might be an overpay, if through some back channels Ainge could find out trading for Butler would get us KD, I'd pull the trigger.

And truthfully, I like the quartet of Thomas - Bradley - Butler - Durant more than if Smart replaced Bradley in that trio.  Same elite defense, better offense.  Throw Crowder into that mix and you really have a top flight perimeter attack on both ends of the court.

The only problem with that is we wouldn't have enough cap space to sign a legit big man . All we have at the moment is KO and Mickey.

If you combine AB and Crowder's salary it comes close to matching Butler's contract leaving us with enough cap space to sign a Horford/ Howard / Pau Gasol type
You have to sign a 2 way big man like Horford if you want Durant IMO .

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:09 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Is it really worth Butler's massive contract when you have Bradley who is a defensive first teamer making 8million the next 2 years? I certainly don't think so.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Leaves us with

Butler           / Smart
KD                / Vet
Horford         / Vet

well it may be an overpay , but well worth it if it gets KD here .

Butler is a 20/5/5 player with all NBA defense . He would be a perfect 2nd option to Durant, and IT would be # 3 option with Horford taking care of business down low .

Plus you still have Smart as an elite defender off the bench , and Rozier who can guard quicker PG's .

Would have to add some shooting on the wing off the bench , and a vet big man .

Butler isn't worth Crowder, Bradley, and our #3. And if I'm being honest, I think Crowder is just as good, if not better than Butler in lieu of his 3 pt shooting, and being more of a leader on and off the court than Butler.

I'm also not convinced Butler is that great of a player as everyone makes him out to be. 20/5/5, and at what cost? Iffy shot selection, leadership issues, mental make up, and the possibility that he may be breaking down due to the overworking of Thibbs tutelage.

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Is it really worth Butler's massive contract when you have Bradley who is a defensive first teamer making 8million the next 2 years? I certainly don't think so.

Butler isn't going to look like a massive contract when the cap goes up the next few years , he is only making  16 mil . Butler can guard the 2/3 at an elite level . Rozier and Smart can guard PG's off the bench .

Butler is a 2 time allstar , 3 time all nba defense , and most improved player award . He was in the running for MVP before he went down half way through the season .

He is clearly better than Bradley .

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 11:12:34 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Butler isn't going to look like a massive contract when the cap goes up the next few years , he is only making  16 mil . Butler can guard the 2/3 at an elite level . Rozier and Smart can guard PG's off the bench .

Butler is a 2 time allstar , 3 time all nba defense , and most improved player award . He was in the running for MVP before he went down half way through the season .

He is clearly better than Bradley .

Is he honestly really? So he's that much better, that he's worth Crowder, Bradley, and the highest pick we've had in years?

I would take AB/Crowder over Butler any time of the day, and I hope Durant feels the same way, because AB/Crowder could help us utilize so many more lineups small ball wise, which would be perfect in defending, and attacking the GSW small ball death line up.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Butler's contract is not massive. It's much larger than AB's, but after this summer, he'll be underpaid.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Trade the #3 pick for Okafor and then flip him and filler to Chicago for Butler.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Trade the #3 pick for Okafor and then flip him and filler to Chicago for Butler.

filler would have to be AB and Crowder if we want to make the necessary move of signing an all-star level big man which would be imperative if we want to lure Durant here .

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The only problem with that is we wouldn't have enough cap space to sign a legit big man . All we have at the moment is KO and Mickey.

If you combine AB and Crowder's salary it comes close to matching Butler's contract leaving us with enough cap space to sign a Horford/ Howard / Pau Gasol type
You have to sign a 2 way big man like Horford if you want Durant IMO .

If it came down to it, I'd package Crowder + KO and some of our young players + other picks this year for a big man via trade.  You wouldn't get an elite big, but hopefully a solid defensive presence that can get offensive rebounds and at least contribute a little on offense.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 11:36:17 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
No.  Westbrook alone is enough.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip