Author Topic: Anyone got a PS5?  (Read 6284 times)

Re: Anyone got a PS5?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm always worried about quality control and defects the first batch so I will wait till new years or February on purchasing a system.

Might go Xbox. Leaning xbox because love elder scrolls series and fall out. PS exclusives are okay only one I really love is GOW though.
I would probably be the same, but I already have a good PC, so I should be fine on that front.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 05:28:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm always worried about quality control and defects the first batch so I will wait till new years or February on purchasing a system.

Might go Xbox. Leaning xbox because love elder scrolls series and fall out. PS exclusives are okay only one I really love is GOW though.
I know Microsoft bought Bethesda, but they don’t seem intent on making their games Xbox exclusive
I did hear that. They also said it will likely be delayed releases on other platforms. So I have no idea how long one would wait if they had a PS5 to get the game. They could also release special content only on xbox. Lots of what ifs.
My go would be to, if possible, get a good PC and whatever Sony console. Best of both worlds as far as I can tell.

I haven't got a PC just yet (tech is crazy expensive in Australia), but I think in the long-term that is how I'll operate.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 06:20:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I know Microsoft bought Bethesda, but they don’t seem intent on making their games Xbox exclusive
I did hear that. They also said it will likely be delayed releases on other platforms. So I have no idea how long one would wait if they had a PS5 to get the game. They could also release special content only on xbox. Lots of what ifs.
My go would be to, if possible, get a good PC and whatever Sony console. Best of both worlds as far as I can tell.

I haven't got a PC just yet (tech is crazy expensive in Australia), but I think in the long-term that is how I'll operate.
Given the hardware of the Ps5 and xbox series x going PC would be a waste of money unless you want more modding opts in your games. Before I could build a gaming computer for 1.5 x the cost of a console and have three times the power. Now it's more like 2 x the cost gets you just 1.5 x the power. I can't really justify the investment. Unless you got money to burn I'd say stick to consoles. You could even buy both a digital PS5 and the xbox series x and you probably come out cheaper + happier than getting a gaming computer.

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2020, 06:23:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Given the hardware of the Ps5 and xbox series x going PC would be a waste of money unless you want more modding opts in your games. Before I could build a gaming computer for 1.5 x the cost of a console and have three times the power. Now it's more like 2 x the cost gets you just 1.5 x the power. I can't really justify the investment. Unless you got money to burn I'd say stick to consoles. You could even buy both a digital PS5 and the xbox series x and you probably come out cheaper + happier than getting a gaming computer.
That's a good point, the actual hardware is getting pretty impressive in consoles. I was pretty much only talking from the perspective of game variety.

I'm pretty opposed to the digital PS5 to be honest. Such a scam given the crazy discounts on secondhand games you can get, as well as the inability to play your PS4 games. Can't even borrow from friends!

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

That's a good point, the actual hardware is getting pretty impressive in consoles. I was pretty much only talking from the perspective of game variety.

I'm pretty opposed to the digital PS5 to be honest. Such a scam given the crazy discounts on secondhand games you can get, as well as the inability to play your PS4 games. Can't even borrow from friends!
I tend to buy games new and don't borrow or rent so digital is fine for me. But that is a good point about digital. Worth spending  $100 more JIC.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2020, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I have been trying, but not lucky enough to get one yet. I was at a Gamestop today, and was told they were only supplied with one for their Black Friday sale. Seriously, how can Sony and Microsoft so grossly underestimate the demand? They're gaming systems that encourage online game play amongst friends. It is the perfect gift during the pendemic.

As for scalpers, they are the scum of the Earth. I wouldn't buy a PS5 from a scalper even if it was just $5 over retail. If something is wrong with the machine, you can't return it or send it back to Sony for repairs. The warranty is void if you can't provide a proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. If I'm spending $500, I want some assurance.

Literally, the day after I made the post above, I get a call from my sister. She asks me if I was ever able to get the PS5 for my son. I tell her it’s impossible to get. She then tells me she’s at Walmart, and they just took out 4 PS5’s and she was able to grab one for me, in case I wanted it. When she stopped by my house with the PS5, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.  I’ll have to make her an Aunt and sister of the year award.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I have been trying, but not lucky enough to get one yet. I was at a Gamestop today, and was told they were only supplied with one for their Black Friday sale. Seriously, how can Sony and Microsoft so grossly underestimate the demand? They're gaming systems that encourage online game play amongst friends. It is the perfect gift during the pendemic.

As for scalpers, they are the scum of the Earth. I wouldn't buy a PS5 from a scalper even if it was just $5 over retail. If something is wrong with the machine, you can't return it or send it back to Sony for repairs. The warranty is void if you can't provide a proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. If I'm spending $500, I want some assurance.

Literally, the day after I made the post above, I get a call from my sister. She asks me if I was ever able to get the PS5 for my son. I tell her it’s impossible to get. She then tells me she’s at Walmart, and they just took out 4 PS5’s and she was able to grab one for me, in case I wanted it. When she stopped by my house with the PS5, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.  I’ll have to make her an Aunt and sister of the year award.
What a woman! Nicely done