Author Topic: Realistic Draft prospects McAdoo and Leonard 2012  (Read 5043 times)

Realistic Draft prospects McAdoo and Leonard 2012
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
What do you guys think of drafting these two guys?

http://nbadraft.net/players/meyers-leonard

Meyers Leonard-C- legit 7 footer with great shot blocking and alley oop machine. Definitely has the skill and strength the be a very good player. Great athleticism. Projected all the way down at 28 up to 14.

http://nbadraft.net/players/james-mcadoo

James McAdoo-PF/SF - 6'9" who can shoot, bang and rebound. Huge potential and athletic ability. Been able to show alot on the big stage. Ability to make the big shot. On the board as low as 27th. More likely a mid to late first rounder this year. Not sure if he will come out this year or next.

Re: Realistic Draft prospects McAdoo and Leonard 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
No way McAdoo leaves after this year.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I watched Leonard play against ohio st. He definitely is skilled and has potential. However he really seems like a low motor guy. He never looked overly driven to go after any rebound that doesn't fall within his reach. I also question if he has the strength to defend the post in the NBA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
oy, I'm not ready for this conversation yet LOL

but feel free to carry on ;)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Definetly Meyers Leonard. I would be suprised if Danny diddnt have his eye on him. Someone said he doesnt show viciousness on the boards, which I disagree with. He looks like a pretty hungry rebounder and he gets a good amount of them, hes just not a GREAT rebounder right now. He does need to get stronger though, but when your 7 feet, can run fast, jump high, and are mad agile, thats ok. Like someone already said, I would be suprised if Mcadoo came out this year. I would actually rather take a 2 guard with the other pick like Beal or Rivers.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If the Celtics somehow got McAdoo, the team would be VERY happy.

He played locally here for Norfolk Christian, and my oldest son met him after his team defeated ours last year.

He is a very humble young man, but boy does he has a competitive streak on the court. He takes no prisoners.

Even though you could tell he was by far the best player on the court and one of the best in the area, he ALWAYS seemed to play within the team concept - I never saw him pushing anything. He would let the game come to him.

Strong, athletic, and tons of potential. I am not sure if he leaves UNC after this year, but The Celtics would be very happy if he fell to us somehow.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Can't see McAdoo coming out, but he would be great.  Also, wouldn't mind Cody Zeller from Indiana, but I think he stays this year as well. 

If Leonard is on the board in the late teens, I think you have to take him as he is I believe the only 7 footer projected to be in the draft and while he is a project seems like he has all the tools.  He seems like he could be a BJ Mullens type player, you know a guy with immense talent but that is very raw and will need some time to develop.  Exactly the type of player you should take in the late teens, because you could end up with a star.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
McAdoo has a lot of potential, but he's looked pretty lost and tentative on the court for UNC this year.  And he could move up several spots and make a lot more money by staying til 2013.  Don't think he's likely to come out.

The guys I want who could be available in the 10-20 range are Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and John Henson.  Kidd-Gilchrist might climb well out of our range by then, though.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Can't see McAdoo coming out, but he would be great.  Also, wouldn't mind Cody Zeller from Indiana, but I think he stays this year as well. 

If Leonard is on the board in the late teens, I think you have to take him as he is I believe the only 7 footer projected to be in the draft and while he is a project seems like he has all the tools.  He seems like he could be a BJ Mullens type player, you know a guy with immense talent but that is very raw and will need some time to develop.  Exactly the type of player you should take in the late teens, because you could end up with a star.
Leonard really isnt that raw. He has some nice post moves already and is excellent off the pick and roll. Hes a pretty good passer as well. His only glaring problem is that hes not strong enough as of now to defend big boys in the nba. But that being his only glaring problem, his stock is rising.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Leonard is supposed to go between 10-15 or early
McCadoo isnt even listed as posible
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
My daughter was in two classes with McAdoo last year and she says he is really a nice young man.  They were supposed to hang out on New Year's and his birthday, but both fell through.

Roy is hardly playing him at all right now, so I really doubt he will look to go pro until he gets his chance to start at UNC after Zeller graduates and Hinson and Barnes likely go pro.

Smitty77

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I expect McAdoo to return to school for another year.
  • Money -- he doesn't need. His father has plenty. Like many former pro player's sons, J.McAdoo can be patient and remain in college for an extra year or two without feeling the financial pressure to go pro.
  • Harrison Barnes, John Henson and Tyler Zeller are all expected to go pro (maybe Kendall Marshall too).
  • That will create a huge amount of available minutes and shot attempts for McAdoo to step into next year. He can be the main guy on that team. The go-to scorer. And has a chance to establish himself as a consensus top five pick in 2013 in the process.
  • Only playing 14mpg and averaging 6ppg ... no reason not to expect him to be up at 32-34mpg and 17-20ppg next year.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I expect McAdoo to return to school for another year.
  • Money -- he doesn't need. His father has plenty. Like many former pro player's sons, J.McAdoo can be patient and remain in college for an extra year or two without feeling the financial pressure to go pro.

Bob McAdoo is James' uncle, not his father.  The point's still valid though, I doubt money is an issue.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
I usually don't like Duke players, but Mason Plumlee seems to be a good player that could fit in. With the other 1st rounder, if they can get lucky, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. They could probably get Festus Ezeli in the 2nd round.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird