Author Topic: Why blame Rondo? What are people exactly blaming him for?  (Read 14962 times)

Re: Why blame Rondo? What are people exactly blaming him for?
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2014, 05:55:07 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Best player on your team needs to be a + not a - in the last <4> mins.  Who is that? Rondo's looking the other way on that one, like all the other vets on this team.

yeah because great players have never turned the ball over or played bad in the last 4 mins. ::).

I don't really follow your sarcasm. Rondo is the worst FT shooter in the league. That's not great.

see Shaq.

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't think he should be blamed for anything.  He's the best player on this team

Rondo is the best player on this team??? Wow!  ???Any evidence to prove that...?!

Who is the best player then ? please enlighten us .

Green is Cs best player...Today Rondo got a lesson from SPURS how to be a real leader..

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I don't get it. Is Rondo supposed to win with all the trash that surrounds him?

Everyone thinks Sullinger is good. I think he sucks really really bad.

Bradley is a bum.

I can go on and on. The team is beyond misery. Players only seem somewhat decent because of the numbers they get. This is only because of the way they play, and how bad everyone else is.

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't get it. Is Rondo supposed to win with all the trash that surrounds him?

Everyone thinks Sullinger is good. I think he sucks really really bad.

Bradley is a bum.

I can go on and on. The team is beyond misery. Players only seem somewhat decent because of the numbers they get. This is only because of the way they play, and how bad everyone else is.

exactly, Rondo can't play and polish turds at the same time. Sully and AB are considered good because they take and make a lot of bad shots...but everyone overlooks the fact that they miss the same bad shots when it matters.

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2014, 07:36:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow! Mr. Max Contract really rose to the occasion today: 2 points in 31 minutes, zero steals or blocks, 0 for 2 at the free throw line, 1 for 5 from the field...what a leader.

I don't agree with the vitriol here, but I agree with the overall point:  if players are ever going to be criticized for their performance, Rondo should get his fair share for not scoring more.  To me, that's a legit issue, and weakens Rondo's overall value, even though he's an amazing passer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Wow! Mr. Max Contract really rose to the occasion today: 2 points in 31 minutes, zero steals or blocks, 0 for 2 at the free throw line, 1 for 5 from the field...what a leader.

I don't agree with the vitriol here, but I agree with the overall point:  if players are ever going to be criticized for their performance, Rondo should get his fair share for not scoring more.  To me, that's a legit issue, and weakens Rondo's overall value, even though he's an amazing passer.

You do not evaluate a player like Rondo on this type of team.

Evaluate Stevens. He sucks. Worst coach in the league. At least top 3.

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2014, 08:01:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't understand this reasoning. 

First, if Rondo can't be blamed because of this type of team, why should the coach?

And, does Rondo have any accountability at all for his performance this season, or does he get a perpetual free pass?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

I don't understand this reasoning. 

First, if Rondo can't be blamed because of this type of team, why should the coach?

And, does Rondo have any accountability at all for his performance this season, or does he get a perpetual free pass?

That's exactly what I was trying to say. I just did not say it sarcastically or forgot too.

Rondo cannot help this team of turds win. Its virtually impossible.

But he gets all or most of the blame for not leading his team to victory.

Every 4th quarter seems to be a 10+ point blowout.

That can mean two things.

The coach sucks.

The players are really horrible.

IMO Rondo is just there for crap infested ride.