Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4576620 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #1515 on: March 09, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
I think there should be a rule that whoever adds up the scores for the day's totals should get first crack at the pick for the day.  We shouldn't all just assume someone else will do it.  It's been happening lately that there'd be 5 or 6 picks in before anyone decides to add up the scores of the previous night.  Just a thought.

Not a bad rule.  I like it.  Let's see what Redz thinks.

I get the point of it, but there are some people who just aren't into tallying up scores...I don't have a problem with waiting for the day before's scores to be tallied up before picks get in, but I don't want it to turn into a race to get the scores in.

I dunno...Less rules works well too.

Has picking first been any advantage?
Yup

« Reply #1516 on: March 09, 2009, 09:30:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think there should be a rule that whoever adds up the scores for the day's totals should get first crack at the pick for the day.  We shouldn't all just assume someone else will do it.  It's been happening lately that there'd be 5 or 6 picks in before anyone decides to add up the scores of the previous night.  Just a thought.

I get the point of it, but there are some people who just aren't into tallying up scores...I don't have a problem with waiting for the day before's scores to be tallied up before picks get in, but I don't want it to turn into a race to get the scores in.

I like the intent of the rule.  I don't know if there is anybody who really enjoys adding up the scores (unless they won); it's a bit tedious looking up point totals of between 10 and 20 or so players, comparing it to their average, doing the math, and listing the results.  However, it's something that has to be done for the game to work, and that task has been falling to 2 or 3 people consistently.  If everyone chipped in, things would run more smoothly.

I don't know if there should be a formal rule or not, but the more others pitch in, the less likelihood there will be of burnout down the line.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1517 on: March 09, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I like the intent of the rule.  I don't know if there is anybody who really enjoys adding up the scores (unless they won); it's a bit tedious looking up point totals of between 10 and 20 or so players, comparing it to their average, doing the math, and listing the results.  However, it's something that has to be done for the game to work, and that task has been falling to 2 or 3 people consistently.  If everyone chipped in, things would run more smoothly.

I don't know if there should be a formal rule or not, but the more others pitch in, the less likelihood there will be of burnout down the line.

One other thing I thought of to make tallying scores easier, is to simply put an X next to a selection once it h as been established that a score will not top the current leader (no need to type in the score or do much math or change the fonts for +/- etc...).  The result would be a lot less information, but be a wee bit easier to compile.
Yup

« Reply #1518 on: March 09, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

MattG12 - Richard Hamilton, Pistons: 17.7
Redz - Rasual Butler, Hornets: 11.1
Roy Hobbs - Kevin Love, Twolves: 10.0
Kwhit10 - Jamario Moon, Heat: 7.5
truck lewis - rafer alston, magic: 11.5
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #1519 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:14 AM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147

shiggins - ryan gomes, twolves: 12.9

« Reply #1520 on: March 09, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Casperian - Dwyane Wade, Heat: 29.4
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #1521 on: March 09, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Edgar-Nene,Denver,14.7
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1522 on: March 09, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

One other thing I thought of to make tallying scores easier, is to simply put an X next to a selection once it h as been established that a score will not top the current leader (no need to type in the score or do much math or change the fonts for +/- etc...).  The result would be a lot less information, but be a wee bit easier to compile.

i like this last
if everyplayer put his x

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1523 on: March 09, 2009, 10:46:16 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

i like this last
if everyplayer put his x

Or a strikethrough would too

like such (of course there would be no scores, but you get the point)

ACF - Ray Allen, Celtics: 18.2 / 32, +13.8
Quinn- Devin Harris, Nets: 22.2 / 35, +12.8
Redz - Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets: 21.9 / 32, +10.1
MattG12 - Tony Parker, Spurs: 20.8 / 30, +9.2
silvershamrocker - Roger Mason, Spurs: 11.9 / 18, +7.1
Rebus Rankin-J.R. Smith, Nuggets: 13.6 / 19, +5.4
truck lewis - kyle weaver, thunder: 5.4 / 10, +4.6
Roy Hobbs - Vince Carter, Nets: 20.7 / 25, +4.3

Casperian - Nate Robinson, Knicks: 17.6 / 17, -0.6
BigAlTheFuture - Jason Richardson, Suns: 17.1 / 15, -2.1
celticmaestro - Shaquille O'Neal, Suns: 18.2 / 14, -4.2
dark_lord- louis williams, 76ers: 12.2 / 8, -4.2
Big Ticket - Paul Pierce, Celtics: 20.4 / 16, -4.4
HDM- Russell Westbrook, Sonics: 15.9 / 11, -4.9
Edgar-Glen Davis-Celtics.5.5 darn u Howard / 0, -5.5
Kwhit10 - Rajon Rondo, Celtics: 11.4 / DNP, -11.4
Yup

« Reply #1524 on: March 09, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hmm...  I kind of like seeing how I did in relation to everyone else, so I'll just continue to take the time to post the scores.  If anybody else wants to pitch in (and a few folks do) that would be appreciated.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1525 on: March 09, 2009, 11:13:52 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Hmm...  I kind of like seeing how I did in relation to everyone else, so I'll just continue to take the time to post the scores.  If anybody else wants to pitch in (and a few folks do) that would be appreciated.

yeh, I like it too.  Just trying to think of ways to lighten the load.  I don't mind doing the updates when I see they're not done already and I have time to do it.
Yup

« Reply #1526 on: March 09, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Some people can't wait for people to add the scores up. If its midnight and the rule is to start the next day's game at midnight I'm going to make my pick so I can go to bed, especially if I have school or work the next morning and have to wake up at 6 or 7. I don't think anybody has had any problems with how the game has been played, therefore I don't see why we would change rules. If I had to wait for the scores to get added up I might not be able to play and I'm sure other people would be in the same situation.

Less people playing = less available TPs.
More rules = less fun.

Just my honest opinion.

« Reply #1527 on: March 09, 2009, 11:29:52 AM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Edgar-Nene,Denver,14.7
quinn-randy foye, wolves, 16.9
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #1528 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

More rules = less fun.

That was pretty much my theory behind this from the start
Yup

« Reply #1529 on: March 09, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Is THAT fun to humiliate me  ;D

crotors will take revenge this week  >:(

Nice to be back!