Author Topic: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?  (Read 13937 times)

Re: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Besides the physical aspect, what is his mental attitude?  Is he still thinking about the Brink's truck or will he be satisfied to be a bench scorer?  If the later, I think there would be significant interest.

After this last season-and-a-half, I've gotta think he'll take whatever he can get both in contract and in role. Any other attitude would be delusional.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 02:18:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Besides the physical aspect, what is his mental attitude?  Is he still thinking about the Brink's truck or will he be satisfied to be a bench scorer?  If the later, I think there would be significant interest.

After this last season-and-a-half, I've gotta think he'll take whatever he can get both in contract and in role. Any other attitude would be delusional.

He was apparently okay with coming back to the Celtics, and noting that we only had the veteran minimum to offer him.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times during the 2017-18 season, Thomas told Tania Ganguli that he was open to staying in L.A. -- even in a reserve role. Those words came less than a week after Thomas told USA Today's Sam Amick that "I'm not no sixth man. And I won't be a sixth man (in the future). I just want everybody to know that, like clear as can be ..."

Additionally, Thomas told NBA.com's Shaun Powell in a late February he wants a long-term deal in free agency. "I’m looking to sign a long-term deal this summer but anything can happen. I can’t control it and can’t worry too much about it. I was only in Sacramento for three years, Boston for almost three years and the other stops were temporary. I’m looking hopefully to sign long term and call someplace home.”

For the Nuggets, the move to add Thomas bolsters their already considerable depth. The franchise re-signed star center Nikola Jokic and sixth man Will Barton to a long-term contracts on July 9, roughly two weeks after drafting Michael Porter Jr. with the No. 14 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Sporting News

Nuggets G Isaiah Thomas hopeful to return by mid-February, report says

Isaiah Thomas could make his debut with the Nuggets as early as February.

The two-time NBA All-Star has been in the rehabilitation process after having hip surgery in March 2018. According to a report from ESPN, there is "hope among Thomas and the Nuggets organization" he will return sometime during the team's Feb. 11-13 homestand.

The report, which cited unidentified league sources, noted there is "strong confidence" Thomas will return no later than the first game after the All-Star break on Feb. 22.

Thomas, who signed a one-year, $2 million deal with Denver in July, responded to the report on Twitter.

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
never on the same club with Lebron I d say.  ;D

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2019, 05:05:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Sporting News

Nuggets G Isaiah Thomas hopeful to return by mid-February, report says

Isaiah Thomas could make his debut with the Nuggets as early as February.

The two-time NBA All-Star has been in the rehabilitation process after having hip surgery in March 2018. According to a report from ESPN, there is "hope among Thomas and the Nuggets organization" he will return sometime during the team's Feb. 11-13 homestand.

The report, which cited unidentified league sources, noted there is "strong confidence" Thomas will return no later than the first game after the All-Star break on Feb. 22.

Thomas, who signed a one-year, $2 million deal with Denver in July, responded to the report on Twitter.

This is great news! I was getting worried with no updates and missing his earlier timelines

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I am pulling hard for this guy.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2019, 08:21:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s a bummer that Denver has such a stacked guard rotation, but I hope he can prove himself to a team seeking a scoring guard over the offseason
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2019, 08:41:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I cringe to see how bad IT's defense is going to be post injury. He was one of the worst defenders in the league in his last year in Boston. Two years of therapy and surgery and trying to get back to NBA shape. IT could be a shadow of his former self and without very good offense, will he still be an NBA player given he will most likely be the worst defender in the league by a wide margin?

I don't know. I like IT. Hate seeing this happen to a  good guy. The whole thing sucks for him. Really really sucks.

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
In next step toward imminent return, Denver Nuggets' Isaiah Thomas has been assigned to the NBA G League for rehab assignment, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA

Shams

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 12:43:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
D league haha

He wanted a Max contract and now he is playing in a YMCA gym in the middle of nowhere

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
D league haha

He wanted a Max contract and now he is playing in a YMCA gym in the middle of nowhere

seriously ???? you find it funny ?

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
D league haha

seriously ???? you find it funny ?
ya, seriously?

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
D league haha

Well.. I guess you're right, but what does that say about your character that you find this funny?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2019, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
In next step toward imminent return, Denver Nuggets' Isaiah Thomas has been assigned to the NBA G League for rehab assignment, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA

Shams

Nice. I'd love to see him play at a high level again. Such a fun player to watch.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
D league haha

This is filth!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)