Author Topic: Marcus Morris will be a factor this series.  (Read 5983 times)

Re: Marcus Morris will be a factor this series.
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 04:04:13 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Keep starting him with TT inserted?

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why wouldn't you?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No, I would go with Baynes. I do worry about Thompson on the offensive boards and Baynes can contain him. This doesn't mean that Morris won't still get a ton of minutes, but I think we can maximize Baynes' minutes by having them mirroring Thompson's.

I'm curious to see if this move also allows Nance to get some action off the bench or will they stay with the same rotation.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Why wouldn't you?

a sizeable portion are for Baynes starting so it isn't cut and dry

No, I would go with Baynes. I do worry about Thompson on the offensive boards and Baynes can contain him. This doesn't mean that Morris won't still get a ton of minutes, but I think we can maximize Baynes' minutes by having them mirroring Thompson's.

I'm curious to see if this move also allows Nance to get some action off the bench or will they stay with the same rotation.

I'm curious too.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Why wouldn't you?

It's very cut and dry, if you think about it. It boils down to who you're putting on the bench and who's guarding LeBron. I'd rather have Tatum guard Love than put him on the bench.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 04:28:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Why wouldn't you?

It's very cut and dry, if you think about it. It boils down to who you're putting on the bench and who's guarding LeBron. I'd rather have Tatum guard Love than put him on the bench.

I haven’t seen many people say to bench Tatum.

Rozier Brown Tatum Horford Baynes is the alternative lineup that’s most discussed

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Why wouldn't you?

Rozier Brown Tatum Horford Baynes is the alternative lineup that’s most discussed
Putting Brown on LeBron and Tatum on their guard seems like a terrible idea.

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Why wouldn't you?

I really do like Brown's ability to cover James. Don't forget that by starting Thompson, while benching Korver or JR, they kill their spacing, which allows Baynes to provide rim protection. This also allows a fresh Morris to come in and now go up against James.

One thing we know about Brown is that he seems to rise to the occasion. The kid doesn't wilt under pressure and this will be yet another great experience for him - going head-to-head with James in a game that James will probably be jazzed up for.

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why wouldn't you?

I really do like Brown's ability to cover James. Don't forget that by starting Thompson, while benching Korver or JR, they kill their spacing, which allows Baynes to provide rim protection. This also allows a fresh Morris to come in and now go up against James.

One thing we know about Brown is that he seems to rise to the occasion. The kid doesn't wilt under pressure and this will be yet another great experience for him - going head-to-head with James in a game that James will probably be jazzed up for.

How much do you like Brown's ability to cover James, on a scale of 1 to 10?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Go with Morris again if TT hits the O boards well send in Baynes. Morris deserves another start. Let them fear our 5.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 04:45:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Why wouldn't you?

Brown is somewhat foul prone and I'm afraid he'll foul out in 10 minutes if you ask him to guard James full-time. While the ability is certainly there and he'll get his chance in spurts, you also need him to conserve energy for offense.

Baynes looked awful in the short spurt he got last night, so I'm not overly optimistic. He also kills our spacing too, because despite his recent success, he's not as reliable as Morris, and he's pretty much only good for a spot-up corner 3.

Have in mind that Love will have to guard someone. Since they won't stick him on Tatum, that pretty much means he'll be hanging around the perimeter with Morris. I'll take that.

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Let's just run these old geezers into the ground.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Why wouldn't you?

If that matchup develops/happens in game 2 it will be a nightmare for us, imo.

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 05:56:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Why wouldn't you?

If that matchup develops/happens in game 2 it will be a nightmare for us, imo.

I think Tatum should be able to handle Love alright.  A Kevin Love post up is probably not an efficient enough play to really hurt us.

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Mook said what he said and you laughed at him. You all laughed at him and you should feel bad about it.

https://twitter.com/ParaDoxy11/status/996607844328902656