Author Topic: Heat (3-1) at Celtics (1-3) ECF Game #5 9/25/20  (Read 56169 times)

Re: Heat (3-1) at Celtics (1-3) ECF Game #5 9/25/20
« Reply #1320 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Great win.  I missed the dang 3rd quarter - what happened?

Massacre by the Celts

it was amazing

They just turned on the turbo on both ends

On D, they blitz the ball hander hard on the PNR.   On offense they kept attacking the basket/lob the ball - matchup adv.  But also hitting the 3s.  There was purpose and a plan on both ends. 

« Reply #1321 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:37 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1322 on: September 25, 2020, 11:59:19 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

« Reply #1323 on: September 25, 2020, 11:59:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This was the most confident I have seen Tatum this entire series.

Gordon still looks very rusty, tentative. Hoping that his ankle continues to get stronger, and his conditioning gets back to normal.  We are not getting much from him these past two games.

Kemba was really gutsy tonight on both ends.  Thought he had a few tough calls, but overall he was productive.

Theis was amazing in 2nd half. I'll have to pipe down about TL's lack of playing time, at least for tonight.

Team defense was really amazing.
i think your basic points on hayward being rusty are spot on. but i do not agree with you that the celtics did not get much from him. 30 minutes tonight instead of 30 minutes of semi and wannamaker made a huge difference.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1324 on: September 26, 2020, 12:01:28 AM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

Gordon still looks very rusty, tentative. Hoping that his ankle continues to get stronger, and his conditioning gets back to normal.  We are not getting much from him these past two games.

Kemba was really gutsy tonight on both ends.  Thought he had a few tough calls, but overall he was productive.

Theis was amazing in 2nd half. I'll have to pipe down about TL's lack of playing time, at least for tonight.

i think your basic points on hayward being rusty are spot on. but i do not agree with you that the celtics did not get much from him. 30 minutes tonight instead of 30 minutes of semi and wannamaker made a huge difference.

The thing I like about Gordon in the lineup is that he has the ability to pick up the slack the team has in any statistical area and he really helps balance out the team. Tonight we just really didn't need much from him, but he played better than any other alternative could ever have.

« Reply #1325 on: September 26, 2020, 12:02:58 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Yep it's all relative. He's not playing like a max player, but it's understandable given the circumstances. But he just needs to be a net gain, and his presence there forces defensive attention that Semi and Wanamaker would not get, which frees up others. And defensively he can cover Adebayo on switches when we go small which is huge.

« Reply #1326 on: September 26, 2020, 12:03:41 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

The thing I like about Gordon in the lineup is that he has the ability to pick up the slack the team has in any statistical area and he really helps balance out the team. Tonight we just really didn't need much from him, but he played better than any other alternative could ever have.

TP on your 11 points prediction Scottie you were 2 points off, you must have got back from the future a minute early  :police:

« Reply #1327 on: September 26, 2020, 12:05:16 AM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

TP on your 11 points prediction Scottie you were 2 points off, you must have got back from the future a minute early  :police:

Yeah look, I'll put the two point difference down to being in a different time zone here in Tasmania :)

You have no idea how much I was hoping for a cheap Miami bucket there at the end though ;).

« Reply #1328 on: September 26, 2020, 12:09:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Bang on. He scored double digits, made some good passes, and drew some fouls
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1329 on: September 26, 2020, 12:11:15 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
JT being interviewed...said that they were too anxious to make things happen in the first half, at halftime the message was to just play each possession and settle down.

« Reply #1330 on: September 26, 2020, 12:18:37 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Last I checked,  there is no Kyrie on this team which means we win tonight....

Celtics 108
Heat 95

Hmm...13 point differential dead on! A bit off on totals but not bad!

« Reply #1331 on: September 26, 2020, 12:23:36 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Man, we woulda won by 35 if it weren't for Dragic...Dude is so talented...shame he flops a lot.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1332 on: September 26, 2020, 12:34:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

he is just so much more talented than Wanni or Semi .   His lenght gives us an edge we were missing .  And he is a serious threat to score unlike most of the Celtics weak bench.

« Reply #1333 on: September 26, 2020, 12:50:34 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Great win.  I missed the dang 3rd quarter - what happened?

You need to make other plans for the third quarter on Sunday. For the team!!!

Seems like that's where the money's bein made
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1334 on: September 26, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White