Poll

What grade would you give C's new play-by-play guy Drew Carter in his opening season?

A
7 (29.2%)
B
12 (50%)
C
5 (20.8%)
D
0 (0%)
F
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Grade Drew Carter, celtics play-by-play guy  (Read 1561 times)

Re: Grade Drew Carter, celtics play-by-play guy
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2024, 10:14:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He’s good, but almost too ‘perfect’. I don’t know if it’s age that annoys me or what, but him being the new voice of the Celtics doesn’t feel organic. I honestly think he’ll get scooped up nationally sooner rather than later. And it will be well deserved.

I’ll give him a B because he’s clearly well trained and has a voice for broadcasting, but I definitely preferred Grande. He just has more of the sound and personality of someone from the northeast.

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2024, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He’s good, but almost too ‘perfect’. I don’t know if it’s age that annoys me or what, but him being the new voice of the Celtics doesn’t feel organic. I honestly think he’ll get scooped up nationally sooner rather than later. And it will be well deserved.

I’ll give him a B because he’s clearly well trained and has a voice for broadcasting, but I definitely preferred Grande. He just has more of the sound and personality of someone from the northeast.

Would be awesome to get someone wid a real bawstin accent
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2024, 11:50:58 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436

I agree. Drew seems like a nice guy and he’s clearly very smart, but it doesn’t feel right. Grande and Max should have followed Mike and Tommy, IMO.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.