Author Topic: Kemba to NYK, Tatum to HOU, Harden to BOS - Yay or Nay?  (Read 2158 times)

Kemba to NYK, Tatum to HOU, Harden to BOS - Yay or Nay?
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
https://tradenba.com/trades/1slA688EM

To NYK:

Walker
2021 BOS 1st
2022 BOS 2nd
2025 BOS 2nd

To HOU:

Tatum

To BOS:

Harden
Robinson

Roster:

Harden/Teague/Pritchard/Edwards
Smart/Langford/Green
Brown/Ojeyele/Nesmith
Theis/R. Williams/G. Williams
TT/Robinson

If Harden does not pan out this year, flip Harden, Smart, Robinson and picks in the off-season for Doncic.

Re: Kemba to NYK, Tatum to HOU, Harden to BOS - Yay or Nay?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 11:32:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Nah..next.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 11:53:33 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
This is horrible, lol.

You give away a guy who was an All-Star starter last year AND a first AND two seconds for a mediocre big who probably doesn't project to get much better... and creates a logjam at PF/C which we're already struggling with even without Robinson in the mix.  This part of the deal is one of the worst trade ideas I've seen on these forums.

You give away our rising star and most valuable asset for a malcontent superstar on the wrong side of 30.  Which in a vacuum is at least a defensible idea (though I wouldn't do it) if you expect that you become a title favorite for a few years with Harden, but the roster you've put around him is not a title favorite.  Not even particularly close IMHO. 

And no, you don't get to reset by getting Doncic after it doesn't work out.  This isn't a video game.  The Mavericks wouldn't give Luka up if you held them at gunpoint.  I'd guess that he's the single most untouchable piece in the league right now. 

Every element of this trade just sucks for us. 

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 11:59:45 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
This is horrible, lol.

You give away a guy who was an All-Star starter last year AND a first AND two seconds for a mediocre big who probably doesn't project to get much better... and creates a logjam at PF/C which we're already struggling with even without Robinson in the mix.  This part of the deal is one of the worst trade ideas I've seen on these forums.

You give away our rising star and most valuable asset for a malcontent superstar on the wrong side of 30.  Which in a vacuum is at least a defensible idea (though I wouldn't do it) if you expect that you become a title favorite for a few years with Harden, but the roster you've put around him is not a title favorite.  Not even particularly close IMHO. 

And no, you don't get to reset by getting Doncic after it doesn't work out.  This isn't a video game.  The Mavericks wouldn't give Luka up if you held them at gunpoint.  I'd guess that he's the single most untouchable piece in the league right now. 

Every element of this trade just sucks for us.

Wrong side of 30? Harden is 31, not 35+? He’s definitely an alpha, the scoring title holder for 3 years running, who would ball with tough guys JB and Smart. I like our chances in the east, and could even see us winning it all.

In terms of the picks to NYK, that’s the price to get them to bear the risk of Kemba never being the same player again. Frankly, we would be lucky to get Robinson, who is a good trade asset, and maybe even becomes our starting center next year.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 01:52:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Oye.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 01:58:18 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Are you sure thats enough to get Harden? Maybe throw in Brown and a couple firsts just to be safe.   :-\

We don't want to get outbid by Philly offering Embiid, Simmons, and the Eagles' 2018 super bowl win
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
You need a new hobby dude.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 02:05:58 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Just stop. This is madness.