Author Topic: Silver lining…  (Read 2690 times)

Re: Silver lining…
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 08:46:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They have made their moves. Signed first round picks that were busts and felt Kornet was a functional player, which he’s not

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 01:02:26 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
My silver lining is this team seems to perform best when expectations are lowered and their backs are against the wall.  So hopefully this has that effect.

This is along the lines of what I'm hoping/thinking.

Before any of this happened, I was a little uncomfortable with the C's being the preseason favorite.  Beating Brooklyn without Simmons, Milwaukee without Middleton (and still went down 3-2), Miami with only the ghost of Kyle Lowry.  Even with that, if not for a spectacular play to end game 1 vs Brooklyn, a wide open Butler miss at the end of Game 7 vs the Heat (after letting a 13 point lead with 3:35 left get down to 2 with Miami with the ball), maybe last season ends up looking completely different.  Plus there's the teams the Celtics didn't face (I'm always scared of Embiid, a healthy Clippers).  Don't get me wrong, I like the C's chances going into 2023, but a lot went right for the team in 2022 too.

I was worried they'd come in acting like a return to the Finals was guaranteed, and not be hungry enough to make it back.

So my hope, this shakes the team up in a good way, a challenge to keep them sharp.  If you thought you could coast this season, think again.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 09:39:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
All of this craziness with Gallo, Timelord, and now Ime is occurring before the season starts, not during. Hopefully this gives Brad enough time to make the appropriate moves to put the team in the best position possible. It’s really frustrating that all of this is happening, but it could always be worse…

And yet, we've known this was an issue since July with Ime, and probably with Timelord, too.  No moves yet.

Celtics ownership/management has not handled the Ime situation well at all. I don’t think they knew about Rob’s knee flaring back up in July, though. If they did and waited this long to do something about it, heads should be rolling. I’m not thrilled with how the medical staff has handled him since last season.

Celtics have handled the Ime situation very well.

So they found out about the Ime situation in July and are disciplining a week before training camp. That’s handling it well? We are almost into October.
again, we know so little, including the time line. did the celtics have the exact same information in july as they do now? did they just get wind of it in july, then did due diligence and investigation for a couple of months? when did all the facts and interviews and deliberations finally end? did they need to talk with Udoka and then negotiate? did they need to ensure the privacy of those affected before saying anything or taking action?

until that time, it might have been difficult to make a final decision.

i have trouble believing the celtics knew all things and had full knowledge in july and simply sat around waiting for the season to almost start to do or say anything.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 05:06:59 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
All of this craziness with Gallo, Timelord, and now Ime is occurring before the season starts, not during. Hopefully this gives Brad enough time to make the appropriate moves to put the team in the best position possible. It’s really frustrating that all of this is happening, but it could always be worse…

And yet, we've known this was an issue since July with Ime, and probably with Timelord, too.  No moves yet.

Celtics ownership/management has not handled the Ime situation well at all. I don’t think they knew about Rob’s knee flaring back up in July, though. If they did and waited this long to do something about it, heads should be rolling. I’m not thrilled with how the medical staff has handled him since last season.

Celtics have handled the Ime situation very well.

So they found out about the Ime situation in July and are disciplining a week before training camp. That’s handling it well? We are almost into October.
again, we know so little, including the time line. did the celtics have the exact same information in july as they do now? did they just get wind of it in july, then did due diligence and investigation for a couple of months? when did all the facts and interviews and deliberations finally end? did they need to talk with Udoka and then negotiate? did they need to ensure the privacy of those affected before saying anything or taking action?

until that time, it might have been difficult to make a final decision.

i have trouble believing the celtics knew all things and had full knowledge in july and simply sat around waiting for the season to almost start to do or say anything.
Based on Wyc's comments at the press conference, they didn't have all the info in July.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 05:48:05 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Not much of a silver lining at all....

You don’t think it’s better for all of these issues to happen before the first games are played vs after? It would have derailed the whole season. The C’s still have some time to sort things out at this stage. Play some preseason games and see how it goes. If Brad doesn’t like what he sees from the coaches or players he can make moves before meaningful games are played.

If you could give me some assurance, that if it happens now it won't happen then, well maybe.

There is no evidence that if Rob misses the first 25-30 games he won't get hurt again.

I don't think he has been available for more than 15 games in a row his entire career.

I am not giving up hope, but we could have seen this coming and now that it has happened I don't think we should think "Oh well, we'll make a deal at the deadline and all will be well"