Author Topic: Name 2 or 3 prospects you Don't want  (Read 8008 times)

Re: Name 2 or 3 prospects you Don't want
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 09:37:48 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
-Turner - the way he runs is a concern. Little lift from standstill
-Johnson - just dont want to trade up to 8 or 9 for him
-Looney - has asthma. Stamina issue
-Portis - would not hate the pick. But has narrow shoulders. Mediocre to below  avg defensive rebounder
As someone who as asthma that is a bad reason.  Except for the most extreme cases it is easily managed.  Obviously I was never an NBA athlete, but I was a HS and College athlete in running sports (Track, soccer and Lacrosse).  I also was in the Army and it had no affect on my abilities to do the job in the infantry and MPs, and I ran a lot.

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32

My wildcard is Stanley Johnson. It's not that I hate him, but I'm worried that we'll  give up way too much for him if we move up to get him. I don't  think he's got much more of a ceiling and he's looking more and more like a defensive role player at the next level. He does have heart+ work ethic but there are other guys in the top 8-10 who I'd  much rather have.
I guess people said the same thing about Jimmy Butler too so I may be completely wrong.
Is Stanley Johnson ever going to give you more than 14 points, 4 rebounds a game?

You are so wrong about heart + work ethic. The kid has literally improved his game every year he's been alive. Watch this mini doc on him and tell me different.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tW1GT81uHTM

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 10:31:25 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Kaminsky and Dekker

please don't pick them DA
I agree but I think DA will select him at #16  :-[
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 10:35:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
-Turner - the way he runs is a concern. Little lift from standstill
-Johnson - just dont want to trade up to 8 or 9 for him
-Looney - has asthma. Stamina issue
-Portis - would not hate the pick. But has narrow shoulders. Mediocre to below  avg defensive rebounder
As someone who as asthma that is a bad reason.  Except for the most extreme cases it is easily managed.  Obviously I was never an NBA athlete, but I was a HS and College athlete in running sports (Track, soccer and Lacrosse).  I also was in the Army and it had no affect on my abilities to do the job in the infantry and MPs, and I ran a lot.
To be clear this is not my assessment but from the workout reports.  His stamina issue may not be directly related

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

My wildcard is Stanley Johnson. It's not that I hate him, but I'm worried that we'll  give up way too much for him if we move up to get him. I don't  think he's got much more of a ceiling and he's looking more and more like a defensive role player at the next level. He does have heart+ work ethic but there are other guys in the top 8-10 who I'd  much rather have.
I guess people said the same thing about Jimmy Butler too so I may be completely wrong.
Is Stanley Johnson ever going to give you more than 14 points, 4 rebounds a game?

You are so wrong about heart + work ethic. The kid has literally improved his game every year he's been alive. Watch this mini doc on him and tell me different.

Workouts vs game performance are two different things.

SJ was a poor finisher around the basket last season. Its not only that he does not have explosive leaping ability but also crashed into 2 or 3 guys instead of passing it to the open man. Feel for the game is mediocre

Overall not a bad looking prospect but not worth giving up sully or ko plus 16 for example
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:58:48 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Most of my guys to avoid are due to issues with similarities with young players already on the roster.

My guys to avoid at #16

Oubre, way to similar to J Young they will hurt each others development.

Kaminsky, this is only true is KO and Sully are both still on the roster when the season starts. If one is traded I'm ok with drafting Frank.

Payne, Grant or any PG, with IT and Smart I don't want to see this high of a pick wasted on roster redundancy. Teams need to draft BPA but if that player cant get playing time his value is wasted.

My guys to avoid at #28

Wood, he just screams bust to me. Skinny with dreams of playing SF seems like the formial for NBA 1st round bust.

Upshaw, not worth the risk with a guaranteed deal. Take a shot in the 2nd but not the 1st.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
-Stanley Johnson - if we're going to pay a king's ransom to move up, let's do it for someone with more upside. SJ can't finish inside, so he'll be relying heavily on his mid-range game

-Miles Turner - too slow to guard quick 4's, too skinny to guard big 5's. Poor interior scorer. A mixed bag on both ends.

+1

These are actually my two favorite guys in this draft. I truly think the Stanimal will be better at attacking the rim in the NBA. He'll see far less zone coverage in the league and I think his handling  is a little under rated. And as far as Myles goes, he weighs in at almost the exact same weight as WCS and has a nice split of floor spreading/rim protection that we just don't see in this league yet. They both fit on the Celtics as far as needs go and I would be absolutely pumped to land either.

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
Most of my guys to avoid are due to issues with similarities with young players already on the roster.

My guys to avoid at #16

Oubre, way to similar to J Young they will hurt each others development.

Kaminsky, this is only true is KO and Sully are both still on the roster when the season starts. If one is traded I'm ok with drafting Frank.

Payne, Grant or any PG, with IT and Smart I don't want to see this high of a pick wasted on roster redundancy. Teams need to draft BPA but if that player cant get playing time his value is wasted.

My guys to avoid at #28

Wood, he just screams bust to me. Skinny with dreams of playing SF seems like the formial for NBA 1st round bust.

Upshaw, not worth the risk with a guaranteed deal. Take a shot in the 2nd but not the 1st.

If they play together we'll have the new Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter combo at the 2 and the 3. Just kidding.
Anyway, I think the combo can be very good down the stretch though but it will be hard.

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Re read what I wrote. I said he has the heart and work ethic like Jimmy Butler but I'm not sure if he's got much more potential given his size and current athleticism....I think he'd be a great role player in the NBA but not worth moving a load of good assets for.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 07:14:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Mudaiy.  Do not want at all.  We don't really have a chance at him anyway, but he's been falling fast as the draft process continues.  For people nearer our range, I've never seen what others do in Dekker.  And I'd be nervous on Turner.  It's tough to tell, since nobody has done less with more than Rick Barnes at Texas.

Also, I want no part of Robert Upshaw whatsoever.

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
This thread is awesome. So many different opinions. If we are so judgmental and un-unified on our opinions how can we expect any GM to always be dead on on their draft picks.

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Re read what I wrote. I said he has the heart and work ethic like Jimmy Butler but I'm not sure if he's got much more potential given his size and current athleticism....I think he'd be a great role player in the NBA but not worth moving a load of good assets for.

I think Butler is a fair comp.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Dekker and Kaminsky....I have the same reasons as pretty much everyone else.

Harrell- I'm tired of undersized front court players

Kristaps - I really dont have any good reason, my gut just tells me huge bust.

No more combo guards. 
Greg

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Dekker: Doesn't have any athleticism, shot is inconsistent, and his defense is terrible.

Kaminsky: He's pretty much KO sooooo... nope

Booker: Very overrated prospect. He was surrounded by some of the best college players which allowed him to get wide open 3's and I don't think he'll be able to make as many while being swarmed and a hand in his face. I also don't think he'll be any help on the defensive end he was bailed out many times by the fact that WCS and Towns were behind him protecting the rim.
At most I seem him being the 7th or 8th man on a roster in his prime used to spread the floor and bring a little scoring punch.

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Cauley Stein--veeeeery overrated..i watch him every game and he is great against small college team but against big team, he struggle..plus cant shoot

Dakari Johnson--Fab Melo part 2

Upshaw--too many red flags

and yes, Im a UK fan so I know bout those 3 guys
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin