Author Topic: Meet the Euro prodigy who seems unlike the flops who came before him  (Read 2033 times)

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 120
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-euro-prodigy-who-seems-unlike-the-flops-who-came-before-him-193427860.html

What a great attitude:

So Porzingis laid awake in his bedroom in Sevilla, Spain, and thought to himself, “'When I’m sleeping, someone else is working out.' I’d think that I better get in my work the next day, because I’m already behind.”

Re: Meet the Euro prodigy who seems unlike the flops who came before him
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-euro-prodigy-who-seems-unlike-the-flops-who-came-before-him-193427860.html

What a great attitude:

So Porzingis laid awake in his bedroom in Sevilla, Spain, and thought to himself, “'When I’m sleeping, someone else is working out.' I’d think that I better get in my work the next day, because I’m already behind.”
Oh look, a young 7-footer who talks a good game. Draft him #1 overall. No, wait, that's Michael Olowokandi I'm thinking about.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

What a great attitude:

Oh look, a young 7-footer who talks a good game. Draft him #1 overall. No, wait, that's Michael Olowokandi I'm thinking about.

Fifty Time Finals MVP Michael Olowokandi, to you.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Who was the guy on this blog who was pushing him so hard last year before Porzingis withdrew his name?  Someone here was infautated with him.  That blogger deserves some credit as it seems scouts have now caught up and think Porzingis has the potential for stardom. 

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:36:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Who was the guy on this blog who was pushing him so hard last year before Porzingis withdrew his name?  Someone here was infautated with him.  That blogger deserves some credit as it seems scouts have now caught up and think Porzingis has the potential for stardom.

The conceited, racist guy who got himself banned?  I remember that guy was really big on a few of the Euros.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Either that, or Andy Miller is earning his money.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

The conceited, racist guy who got himself banned?  I remember that guy was really big on a few of the Euros.

Lol.  I don't know about that.  Someone here really like him last year, almost obsessed with him.  If it was the guy you are referring to, I have no idea.  What was the name of the racist who got banned?

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:53:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I was pushing him hard last season, so keep the TP's rolling in, thank you very much.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Lol.  I don't know about that.  Someone here really like him last year, almost obsessed with him.  If it was the guy you are referring to, I have no idea.  What was the name of the racist who got banned?
My observations are that fans from the Baltics often think their players are the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's just the way some of those folks are wired.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 12:56:13 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Danny wanted to draft him at #17 last year, isn't it?

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

I was pushing him hard last season, so keep the TP's rolling in, thank you very much.

I gave you a TP, but I don't think you are the one I'm referring to.  It may very well be the guy kozlodoev is referring to as I remember the guy was very argumentative. 

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That was NorthernLightning, I believe.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's who I'm thinking of.  Is that the guy who was banned? 

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's who I'm thinking of.  Is that the guy who was banned?
that came not long after he was placed on double-secret probation.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva