Author Topic: What do you do for a living? (Reloaded)  (Read 275320 times)

Re: What do you do for a living? (Reloaded)
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2009, 06:30:17 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Very interesting thread and many interesting jobs! I didn't know that we had a state attorney on CB, but now I understand all the law references made to Roy. :P

Your jobs are cool Prof. Clutch!

Personnally, I'm in the 2nd year of law studies in PariS. I like it but I don't see myself making a living out of law jobs so I don't know what I will do when I graduate from college. I like journalism a lot but it's not the best area to work in right now.

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2009, 06:38:44 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Recently retired U.S. Navy (20 yrs, 13 days). Currently full-time student at ECPI in the Computer Sciences (Database Programming) degree program.

I had not realized how much my oldest son has grown until recently, lol..it is nice to be on dry land!

Thank you for your service!

Thanks, FKD.

Everyone here on the Blog seems to be knowledgeable and interesting with all of the talents listed. Quite a diverse group...with one (maybe two) goals in mind...

The continued lack of success (Against Boston) of Lebron and Kobe, lol...Go Green!!

By the way: I am "Celtics18and19" in the main blog room. When I joined the blog in Oct09, I was unaware of the fact that you could use same login here in the forums. I don't believe that there's a way to change it?

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2009, 06:53:51 AM »

Offline bMunch

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 28
I run a media strategy firm that focusses on internet and mobile communications, and teach grad school about the same but with a focus on NGOs, non-profits and governmental agencies. 
“Man, I come home putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball. It’s sad, man." -- Kevin Garnett

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I teach young Grasshoppers over at the Temple ...near the Po Valley.....on the side I do Dos Equis XX beer commercials....

"I once had an awkward moment just to see what it felt like"

I didn't know master po was the most interesting man in the world :o

You didn't?  I thought that was common knowledge. 

Po is indeed that and More
All Hail The Master!!!

and hes an old lady too...  ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
when I get out of Everett, start a kennel for rescuing boxers.

You racist... We are dogs too   ;)

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Very cool, PC ... you and your Bro are very talented, but more importantly, you seem to love what you do ... there are very few blessings in life as great as finding a career that you truly love! So many - most, actually - end up working in careers that don't bring them happiness and fulfillment, so you are truly lucky in that respect. All the best to you and your Brother for continued success and happiness! (TP)

Thanks Bahku, I do really enjoy what I do and think I'm pretty lucky to be working at something I love.  I appreciate the well wishes.  TP right back at you my brotha!

Your jobs are cool Prof. Clutch!

Thanks Drucci.  Some aspects of my jobs are cool, but sometimes at 4:00 am when I'm breaking up a party of international students who are doing whatever they can to make my job as difficult as possible, I'm thinking my job is not very cool.  Haha.

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I once convinced my college alumni newsletter than I was touring the Midwest playing bass in a Foghat cover band, so I'm just gonna go with that.

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2009, 01:43:56 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
In-house patent attorney.

Another patent attorney. At a firm now, but thinking about going in-house in the future.
FWIW, I highly recommend the in-house gig.

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I like journalism a lot but it's not the best area to work in right now.

Unfortunately, no, it is most certainly not.

But with that said, for those willing to put the work in and push to make themselves as versatile as possible - and to consider non-traditional mediums and ways of telling stories - it seems there are still at least some opportunities out there.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Neuropsychologist.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2009, 04:59:05 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
college student in Boston, anyone know what I can do with an Associates in Justice Studies?  I find myself very confused
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
First year medical student

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We have a lot of educators. Interesting.

I worked for several years in standardized testing/educational assessment. I have since moved back to the classroom...As interesting as it was working in the corporate side of things, working with students is much more rewarding (and a little frustrating, too :0)

Spent all of last weekend learning to administer the Woodcock Johnson test (yeh, that name is Beavis & Butthead's dream come true)

I'm 13 months into a 2 year Masters program for K-8 Moderate Special Needs.  I recently closed up shop for a record store biz that I ran for 14 years.  I've been substitute teaching, and looking for work as an aide.

Loving what I'm doing though.

I am a huge Beavis and Butthead fan, too- so yeah, that is pretty funny...I am liking the fact that I will have summers off again, but that can't be the reason you want to be a teacher...as for subbing, it can be VERY draining, so just pace yourself. Good luck to you Redz- seems like you are well on your way!

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2009, 05:17:07 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I like journalism a lot but it's not the best area to work in right now.

Unfortunately, no, it is most certainly not.

But with that said, for those willing to put the work in and push to make themselves as versatile as possible - and to consider non-traditional mediums and ways of telling stories - it seems there are still at least some opportunities out there.

-sw

Yeah, there are some schools of journalism in France but they are really costly and sometimes bad so you have to make the right choice and invest yourself a lot without a lot of chances of success. The fact is I'm not really sure yet what I want to do after college so I'm still waiting to see if I fall in love with law jobs but so far it hasn't happened. :P

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2009, 05:35:20 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
First year medical student

Awesome! Are you at UVMCM? (Have a colleague who once taught there, ... Anatomy, I think, and she's a bit over-the-edge when it comes to her love for that school). Are you leaning toward a specialty? My only other question: How do you find time to blog? ;) But seriously, good luck in school - if you truly love medicince it will be worth the sacrifices ... all the best.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *