Author Topic: Willie Cauley-Stein?  (Read 4027 times)

Re: Willie Cauley-Stein?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
ROFL is it the same person that brings this guy up every ****ing year? It drives me crazy to listen to the same people beat the drum for the same dead beats every ****n year!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty harsh response, don't you think?

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 08:22:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like WCS but I do not want to pay him big money on a long term deal (Celtics have bigger needs moving forward that they need to keep that cap flexibility for than a limited center) so I do not see him as a viable option.

I would rather just stick with Nerlens Noel on a cheap deal.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
WCS signed for slightly above minimum with GSW according to Zach Lowe and Marcus Thompson

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
WCS signed for slightly above minimum with GSW according to Zach Lowe and Marcus Thompson

I think that’s quite the bargain.  His reputation got pretty hammered in SAC it seems.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 05:38:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I think that’s quite the bargain.  His reputation got pretty hammered in SAC it seems.

I would have definitely taken WCS for slightly above the minimum.

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 05:42:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I would have definitely taken WCS for slightly above the minimum.

Ditto.  I’ve heard rumors he’s not the best teammate, however, and it seems like the C’s have been putting an emphasis on chemistry this offseason.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
WCS is a great addition to GSW especially at that price. What they lost in KD is going to be tough to replace, but they're putting forth an excellent roster to make up for it. If health isn't an issue, they're going to have a real shot at winning another title.

He was my preferred target to replace Al, as I think that he reminds me of a young Tyson Chandler and would have been the best short and long term solution to that position. His market must've been much less than he and his agent expected.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 06:05:25 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I think that’s quite the bargain. His reputation got pretty hammered in SAC it seems.

TP. Not a fan of WCS, but for that price he's indeed a bargain.
Remarkable how much money a player can lose or win if some team doesn't want to re-sign you.

SAC signed Dedmon for 13 million a year, but few people would have raised their eyebrows if WCS had gotten that contract instead.

And when your reputation has fallen it's not easy to get it back with so many talented players in the NBA. Look at players like Rose, Rondo, Mudiay, Rivers, Stephenson, Jeff Green, Noel, Okafor, Len or McGee.

They all have had good phases in their careers lately, but never got that opportunity to sign a big contract (again).

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 09:02:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
WCS is a great addition to GSW especially at that price. What they lost in KD is going to be tough to replace, but they're putting forth an excellent roster to make up for it. If health isn't an issue, they're going to have a real shot at winning another title.

He was my preferred target to replace Al, as I think that he reminds me of a young Tyson Chandler and would have been the best short and long term solution to that position. His market must've been much less than he and his agent expected.

Always reminded me more of Dalembert. Never thought WCS was smart enough (in terms of reading the game & positioning off the ball) as a help defender to compare to Tyson Chandler.

Still, Dalembert was a really good player in his own right. So too is WCS.