Author Topic: For which big(s) do you want to trade either Brown, Tatum or Hayward?  (Read 12144 times)

Re: For which big(s) do you want to trade either Brown, Tatum or Hayward?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4au2dm8

Plus a pick for us ~     

Kemba
Tatum
Hayward

Everyone else plays a important role, but the ball goes through these guys 80% of the time.    Jaylen is going to be be awesome.   But lets hope Hayes will be too.   ITs a gamble...And it might help Tatum live up to the hype!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:23:27 AM by Diggles »
Diggles

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2019, 12:21:56 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4au2dm8

Or this one.   

Kemba
Tatum
Hayward

Everyone else plays a important role, but the ball goes through these guys 80% of the time.    Jaylen is going to be be awesome.   But lets hope Hayes will be too.   ITs a gamble...And it might help Tatum live up to the hype!

Absolutely the worst trade I’ve seen:   Brown for Jaxon Hayes and Jahlil Okafor? ?????
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 12:27:40 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Anyway, back to the question - bigs I'd trade Jaylen for.

(1) Jaren Jackson
(2) Karl Anthony Towns
(3) Jokic

I'm too sacred of Embiid's & Porzingis' long term health. Not sure I give up Jaylen for either of them.

Maybe Ayton but I am not fully sold on that.

I like Mo Bagley but not enough to part with Jaylen to get him.

Guys like Steven Adams and Rudy Gobert are only one-way players and I am not giving up a two-way wing with serious upside for either of those guys. Myles Turner is not talented enough (nor is Sabonis).

Is there anyone else I am forgetting?

I think I agree with all of this, except more bullish on Bagley. Much less on Ayton.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2019, 02:02:11 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Brown is the one to go(questionable workethic/attitude ect)

Sabonis/Turner will be the realistic choice

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2019, 05:24:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Yet he adapted to the Chaos that is Kyrie the best and saw it way before the others....

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 05:29:19 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Yet he adapted to the Chaos that is Kyrie the best and saw it way before the others....
Like he adapt to Smart and Morris?

All sources indicates Kyrie isn't a sole problem but also our young guys(Brown and Rozier)being a major contributor

One gone, one to go

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 05:38:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Like he adapt to Smart and Morris?

Morris is gone already and let's face it he outplayed Smart at lot of the times didn't he?

One gone, one to go

He could be gone but he accounted well for himself and was smart enough to see the discord that Kyrie brought the BS of forcing Hayward as a starter at the beginning of the season.   He was being honest and if our coaching was that with themselves they would have seen this crap too.

What are you basing the work ethic stuff on?   Because I suggest you watch some games, he was not the guy dogging it last year and played hard.   His shot has improved, and his handle is better so it is clear he works on his game.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 05:43:47 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

Sabonis/Turner will be the realistic choice

I don't know how you even made that connection.

Brown was the only guy who volunteered to play two full summer league seasons, instead of resting. Look at Brown's physique when he was drafted to now he was the only rookie that has added to his frame considerably with no added body fat, he was benched and his role was reduced which he publicly admitted took some adjusting but he finished the season strong. Rachel Nichols just said on 'The Jump' the other day that Brown was the most impressive and mature young NBA player she's had on the show.

What ever you think of Brown's talents, 'work ethic and attitude' is not an issue.

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 06:15:53 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I know this idea is way out there but here goes

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4lh3gaz

Brown, Smart, Hayward, and GW
for
DeRozan and Aldridge.

Starters
Kemba, DeRozan, Tatum, Aldridge, Kanter

Main Bench
Edwards, Langford, Semi, Theis, Williams

Deep bench
Wanna, Green, VP

D-League
Waters, Strus, Tacko

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 07:08:06 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Morris is gone already and let's face it he outplayed Smart at lot of the times didn't he?

Morris gone and Brown outplayed Smart in some occasions doesn't deny he has attitude problems and causing irritation with his teammates

He was being honest
And very unprofessional

His shot has improved, and his handle is better so it is clear he works on his game.

Clearly he doesn't work on his game enough to save himself from being a problem to this team(to consider trading him because they don't want to max him)

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 07:24:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
he has attitude problems and causing irritation with his teammates

He came to play and adjusted best to the Kyrie.

And very unprofessional

Possibly, but the team made it further with the young guys the year before so maybe he was right.  I see it more as a guy standing up to Kyrie Irving's BS.

Clearly he doesn't work on his game enough to save himself from being a problem to this team(to consider trading him because they don't want to max him)

His problems were social.    Ainge has waited later to extend these guys.   Let me tell you something you probably have not considered, talking him down hurts his trade value even more so keep lowering his value...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:31:43 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 07:37:32 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
He came to play and adjusted best to the Kyrie.
I don't know if you can say that when all his teammates played terrible while he plays well and vice versa, that includes and especially Kyrie

Possibly, but the team made it further with the young guys the year before so maybe he was right.
Maybe you forget Kyrie been to finals and win a champ before Brown's epic choking job in ecf G7

Let me tell you something you probably have not considered, talking him down hurts his trade value even more so keep lowering his value...

You are right, why haven't i think about it, maybe i should cheering him up from now until Danny trade his butt off our team, just like you

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I know this idea is way out there but here goes

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4lh3gaz

Brown, Smart, Hayward, and GW
for
DeRozan and Aldridge.

Starters
Kemba, DeRozan, Tatum, Aldridge, Kanter

Main Bench
Edwards, Langford, Semi, Theis, Williams

Deep bench
Wanna, Green, VP

D-League
Waters, Strus, Tacko

That is a lot to give up for a team that I do not think is a title contender and only has a short window due to Aldridge's age (34 years old).

Also has a lot of duplication in terms of scoring / shot creation. 4 guys who want to score 20+ppg. 3 of them who want to operate in the midrange area. And one ball-dominant shot happy PG to get them the ball in those areas.

Tatum is probably the best defender on the team. In the starting lineup. That is not a good situation. Kanter and Aldridge do not offer enough interior D. Kemba still a liability. DeRozan and Tatum the only good defenders in the lineup and neither is a high level defensive player.

No to the trade for me. Too high a cost. Doesn't get us close enough to a Championship to give up that much. Short window with Aldridge hurts it further.

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 08:00:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I don't know if you can say that when all his teammates played terrible while he plays well and vice versa, that includes and especially Kyrie

This is not a true statement and a lie.   There were games that Brown and a Teamate played well.  I just did a few games but I could go through the whole season and show how wrong you are.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201904190IND.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905030BOS.html

I am sure I can post many many more.

Maybe you forget Kyrie been to finals and win a champ before Brown's epic choking job in ecf G7

Kyrie had LeBron carrying the bulk of the load whereas Brown was a 2nd year player in our run.   Real fair comparison, at least Brown never quit on his team like Kyrie did,  now did he?    He came up short in game seven, but he did not play poorly to so he could go home early.

You are right, why haven't i think about it, maybe i should cheering him up from now until Danny trade his butt off our team, just like you

Are you Kyrie?   I have been following the team for years, since the 70s, and I have not left the team.  Good luck, running me off, you'll need it.

You clearly do not like Brown and are unable to separate basketball play with issues off the court and he was not the only one.   Weak minds scapegoat one player what was clearly a widespread and organizational issue.   This team failed on the player level, the coach level and organizationally in dealing with the turmoil last year.

I would not sit back and take it with Kyrie bad mouthing and blaming either and I doubt you would if you were in that spot.

I would like a stretch four big if we trade him but finding one that meets are timeline and realistic is difficult.   I doubt we will trade Brown until we see Langford and what he can do on the court.    I doubt we trade Tatum.   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:13:08 AM by Celtics4ever »

Re: For which bigs would you trade Jaylen Brown?
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 08:15:11 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I feel Jaylen, Tatum and Hayward are all SFs.

Of the 3, Jaylen is the one best able to play a second position - at SG. I don't know why Jaylen should be the odd one out.
Yep, couldn't agree more.

I guess people are gonna hate this, but I'd consider a deal around Tatum and Jaren Jackson Jr. Not sure whether the Grizzlies would go for it. They'd probably ask for their pick back as well. Not sure I'd be willing to go that far.

- amazing young talent (in all honesty, I'd take him over Tatum)
- legit size for a PF (we have no legit PF right now, expect maybe Theis)
- one extra year on a team friendly contact

Hayward to Indy for Turner and matching salary

Tatum for Sabonis could work as well.
The Pacers would do it in a heartbeat. No way would the C's do it. That's a massive overpay on our part.

The Jaren Jackson Jr for Tatum trade is probably most interesting.

Maybe Memphis bites because they convince themselves that Tatum might be the star player in the league most likely to re-sign in Memphis since he's got such ties to St Louis and Tatum seems like a low key kind of guy.

I've heard some scouts believe Jackson Jr is basically an AD/Town level prospect. You can go years without finding that skillset in the draft.

I don't think Danny likes the idea of young bigs though. The one that makes the most sense is the Hayward for Griffin swap. I really like that trade as long as Hayward signed off on it.