Author Topic: isaiah could have breakout year  (Read 2577 times)

Re: isaiah could have breakout year
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i think the addition of horford will make our defense stronger enough to carry his lack of height-all he has to do is be a pest
-isaiah was the only creator outside turner-not amir,not jerebko,not kelly,not smart

smart, rozier, green kelly and jaylen gotta lot of work to do on second unit
horford and isaiah will pick and roll teams to death-horford can pick and pop or just hang at 3 point line waiting for kick out
i think and am hoping that green and isaiahs chemistry can be rekindled another guy isaiah has confidence in for corner threes
is rozier ready to play night after night and sustain defensive intensity when things are not going right-2nd unit has some questions to be answered

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 05:09:14 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Isaiah has a level to go. I didn't say he owns the league yet, but he's on the right track. He isn't as good at shooting as he should be for someone automatic at free throws. He can be turnover prone and doesn't get as many assists as he should.

If Isaiah averages 25 points and ten assists with pesky little guy defense and fewer turnovers and we win 60 games, that is Tiny Archibald. It could get awkward in a couple years when he's a free agent, but it seems pointless to worry about that now.

Pitino was right about this town and negativity. People think it's outrageous to give Isaiah props as Hall of Fame potential on offense. I'm glad Danny and Brad are the ones making the decisions. Danny plucked Isaiah out of NBA purgatory. Isaiah could be the number one of a big three. He might not, but at least give him a chance to improve on what he's already learned. It's not like he has ever been in this great a situation with high end talent now streaming in from a lot of different angles.

I am not afraid of LeBron or Golden State.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 05:14:16 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
i think the addition of horford will make our defense stronger enough to carry his lack of height-all he has to do is be a pest
-isaiah was the only creator outside turner-not amir,not jerebko,not kelly,not smart

smart, rozier, green kelly and jaylen gotta lot of work to do on second unit
horford and isaiah will pick and roll teams to death-horford can pick and pop or just hang at 3 point line waiting for kick out
i think and am hoping that green and isaiahs chemistry can be rekindled another guy isaiah has confidence in for corner threes
is rozier ready to play night after night and sustain defensive intensity when things are not going right-2nd unit has some questions to be answered

Yup, maybe Isaiah-Horford will give this team the jump-start of Rondo-Shaq. Or last year, Evan Turner and Ty Zeller hit a groove for that stuff.

I think our team is stacked.

We do need at least one of Rozier, Smart, or Jackson to be the backup pg. You need two good guys at each position. People say the league is changing, but I am not so sure. It can change back. Or maybe the Celtics are in the process of developing an original style which will afterwards be envied and copied. I like how this story is advancing.