Author Topic: According to Sporting News, Cs want to move up for Bamba  (Read 15476 times)

Re: According to Sporting News, Cs want to move up for Bamba
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I would make this kind of deal.  Everyone will call it crazy, but Bamba has a chance to be a generational defensive talent.  Perennial DPOY caliber if his head is right and he develops properly.  It's HIGH risk and long-term, but his ceiling is so much higher than Brown's or Rozier's.  I don't think Danny would be afraid to make such a deal.

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 12:52:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm guessing Brown and change probably does it.  I have no idea what Bamba will be in the NBA; none at all. 

Regarding Brown, he still has as many question marks as he does talent. Is he a star? I'd bet not.  Can he play like a star sometimes?  Sure.  The question will be whether he can provide consistent production on a team where he will never be the man, or even second to the man.

And no, I don't think Rozier and the Sac pick is enough.

What’s Brown’s floor? An elite defender who scores 15 ppg?  If the only real questions are if he develops from an above-average starter into a star, I’m happy with what we’ve got.
Brown floor is an inconsistent player that is a star one game and a bum the other.  A rich man's Jeff Green?

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 12:53:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm guessing Brown and change probably does it.  I have no idea what Bamba will be in the NBA; none at all. 

Regarding Brown, he still has as many question marks as he does talent. Is he a star? I'd bet not.  Can he play like a star sometimes?  Sure.  The question will be whether he can provide consistent production on a team where he will never be the man, or even second to the man.

What’s Brown’s floor? An elite defender who scores 15 ppg?  If the only real questions are if he develops from an above-average starter into a star, I’m happy with what we’ve got.
Brown floor is an inconsistent player that is a star one game and a bum the other.  A rich man's Jeff Green?

Can you guys stop bringing the freaking Jeff aka Uncle Snooze comparison? They honestly play nothing alike.. Green used to always drive right and had no go to moves. Brown exhibits a lot more and he's far the vastly superior defender..

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:34 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Can you guys stop bringing the freaking Jeff aka Uncle Snooze comparison? They honestly play nothing alike.. Green used to always drive right and had no go to moves. Brown exhibits a lot more and he's far the vastly superior defender..
I'm not comparing their playing styles.  Not at all.

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 12:55:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

excuse me, but brown is currently 21 years old. i do not see how or why posters here believe they can cast all defining statements on a players future who has shown the ability to learn and grow....and as i mentioned, is 21 years old.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 12:57:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Plays like Jeff Green  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I'm not comparing their playing styles.  Not at all.

Please tell me how calling him a rich man's Jeff Green isn't? You guys sound incredibly ridiculous making dumb comments like that...

excuse me, but brown is currently 21 years old. i do not see how or why posters here believe they can cast all defining statements on a players future who has shown the ability to learn and grow....and as i mentioned, is 21 years old.

Yeah same here.. Brown and Green aren't even in the same stratosphere... there is no way you can assume Brown is or plays like Green.. he's not only a better defender, but his work ethic and aggressiveness, (He choked game 7, but he was our 2nd leading scorer in the playoffs.)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:41 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

I can tell you right now, that a 20 year old Tatum is going to be a very good player. 

See how I did that?  It's frankly relatively easy to guesstimate what a player will be actually. 

As far as Brown, his feel for the game is his biggest issue.  And no, not compared to a star but compared to other 21 year old NBA players.  That is what leads to his shot blocked more than any other player in the NBA (seemingly).  He doesn't know when to attack, then to pass, when to shoot.

But yeah, his physical talent is very very nice.  That gives him a relatively high ceiling.  I just think his floor is lower than most other think.

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Don't really buy it.

its "reporters through random names at the wall and hope they stick"/ smokescreen SZN
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jeff Green was lazy, uninterested, had horrible body language and was a terrible person and teammate in Boston. He quit on the Cs in many of games.

Brown is none of those things. Green is a gutless turd.

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
Jeff Green was lazy, uninterested, had horrible body language and was a terrible person and teammate in Boston. He quit on the Cs in many of games.

Yet he managed to beat our ass on Sunday. 

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 01:03:18 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
If they like Bamba, they'll dangle Rozier and the SAC pick. They have some other 1sts if they need to sweeten the pot.

They aren't trading Brown to draft a project.

EGG SACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I guess even gutless turds can have their day.

In the modified words of Toby Keith...

I ain't as good as I once was
I got a few years on me now
But there was a time back in my prime
When I could really lay it down
And if you need some buckets tonight
Then I might have just enough
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 01:05:23 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Get Noel..case closed

I like this.

I think the only place to move Brown would be to Atlanta. He'd at least be going home.

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 01:06:33 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

I guess even gutless turds can have their day.
And that's my point.  By biggest fear with Brown is inconsistency.