Author Topic: Quick Question about Sullivan's Tap  (Read 4644 times)

Quick Question about Sullivan's Tap
« on: September 27, 2021, 12:15:49 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Not sure if this is better suited for "City of Boston" or "Bruins" , but either way this has taken more of my mental energy than I care to admit.

On the way out the door of Sullivan's, the Bruins bar across from TD/North Station, somewhat above the doors, there is (or there was) a great bit of signage that says something to the effect of "if we are throwing you out it is because we are allowed to, and we are doing it for your own safety, so leave quietly"... but for the life of me I can't remember what it says exactly, and it was worth remembering exactly.

This is exactly the kind of thing that's impossible to find on the Internet, and since I'm not likely to be back around North station any time soon, does anyone know off the top, or could brave the journey to find out?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

Re: Quick Question about Sullivan's Tap
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 12:23:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
lol

No idea, but I love the randomness of the topic.

Yup

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 12:24:26 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't remember either.

I spent entirely way too much time there pre & post Celtics and Bruins games in my 20s.

What a great dive bar.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 01:06:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Is it:

"If we are throwing you out it's because we are allowed to, and we are doing it for your own safety, do leave quietly."

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 01:19:01 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Is it:

"If we are throwing you out it's because we are allowed to, and we are doing it for your own safety, do leave quietly."

If only. It's drummed up in some kind of faux-legalese as much as I can recall. There's definitely something about personal safety in there - the implication being that the bouncers will absolutely toss you out ass over teakettle if you disagree with their assessment of the situation after they've asked you to leave. Which, if you've ever been there, is perfectly on-brand.

Last time I was there it was the middle of winter, early afternoon Bruins game going on across the street, no one else in the place. We were lucky enough to get one beer each during an intermission, because otherwise the guys behind the bar absolutely were not going to stop watching the game to serve us.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.