Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 70216 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2021, 11:31:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
HAIL TO THE RED....oops gotta change that song.

Actually HAIL TO WASHINGTON probably works.

« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2021, 11:33:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Tampa Bay vs Washington is gonna be a good game. That DL could give Brady trouble.

But if it becomes a shootout, Bucs are gonna blow 'em out. Tom Brady is no stranger to the playoffs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2021, 11:46:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And HOW ABOUT THAT WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM??

Tampa will be quite the opponent but DON'T SLEEP ON WAS!!!!

« Reply #333 on: January 03, 2021, 11:53:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

But that was an obvious tank job by Pederson/front office though. Who the heck pulls Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the 4th quarter for no reason when the game is so close. Also passed on the tying field goal lol. Lotta drama stirring up ending the season.

« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2021, 12:07:48 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

But that was an obvious tank job by Pederson/front office though. Who the heck pulls Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the 4th quarter for no reason when the game is so close. Also passed on the tying field goal lol. Lotta drama stirring up ending the season.

Don't know.....Jalen started hot but wasn't playing that great towards the end.....

« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2021, 12:20:14 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I guess Giants fans unhappy

lool sorry couldn't resist.

I mean - what are they upset about for crying out loud?!

« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2021, 12:31:09 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The media outrage on Twitter right now is pretty hilarious.  I highly doubt it’d be the same if it was a 6-10 Carolina team getting screwed by an obvious tank job.

How about not going 6-10 and relying on help to make the playoffs in the first place?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2021, 12:37:54 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Hurts' passer rating of 25.4 was the lowest by an Eagles starting quarterback since Nick Foles posted a 9.3 rating in the final regular-season game in 2017. Foles ended that season as the Super Bowl MVP.

"Yes, I was coaching to win," Pederson said. "Yes, that was my decision solely. Nate has been here four years and I felt he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps
."

Next I'll hear Spike Lee chirping in the background, lol...

Is he a Giants fan, too?

« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2021, 12:58:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Hurts' passer rating of 25.4 was the lowest by an Eagles starting quarterback since Nick Foles posted a 9.3 rating in the final regular-season game in 2017. Foles ended that season as the Super Bowl MVP.

"Yes, I was coaching to win," Pederson said. "Yes, that was my decision solely. Nate has been here four years and I felt he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps
."

Next I'll hear Spike Lee chirping in the background, lol...

Is he a Giants fan, too?

He felt he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps. He should've gotten more snaps during the course of the season if that was the case!

« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2021, 01:25:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tough luck for the Browns.  They finally make the playoffs after all these years then this happens.

The Browns are in the playoffs for the first time since 2002, but their head coach won’t be there with them.

Cleveland head coach Kevin Stefanski tested positive for COVID-19, the team announced. That will require him to go into isolation and miss the Browns’ playoff game on Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Browns special teams coordinator Mike Priefer will serve as the acting head coach.

The Browns also announced that two assistant coaches and two players have tested positive for COVID-19, but they did not reveal the names of those individuals.

The team facility is closed today. The Browns-Steelers game is still on as scheduled.

« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2021, 01:27:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Tough luck for the Browns.  They finally make the playoffs after all these years then this happens.

The Browns are in the playoffs for the first time since 2002, but their head coach won’t be there with them.

Cleveland head coach Kevin Stefanski tested positive for COVID-19, the team announced. That will require him to go into isolation and miss the Browns’ playoff game on Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Browns special teams coordinator Mike Priefer will serve as the acting head coach.

The Browns also announced that two assistant coaches and two players have tested positive for COVID-19, but they did not reveal the names of those individuals.

The team facility is closed today. The Browns-Steelers game is still on as scheduled.

I wonder what happens if a QB like Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes tests positive. Surely they are not going to force those teams to start with a backup QB, but it also seems the NFL has set the standard that even if key guys get COVID, they'll play on.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2021, 01:31:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The media outrage on Twitter right now is pretty hilarious.  I highly doubt it’d be the same if it was a 6-10 Carolina team getting screwed by an obvious tank job.

How about not going 6-10 and relying on help to make the playoffs in the first place?

I'm still p---ed that a 7-9 Pats team got hosed out of the playoffs  :angel:
Yup

« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2021, 01:32:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I wonder what happens if a QB like Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes tests positive. Surely they are not going to force those teams to start with a backup QB, but it also seems the NFL has set the standard that even if key guys get COVID, they'll play on.

Can you imagine a scenario where one of the two starting QBs test positive during Super Bowl week? 

« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2021, 01:34:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Can you imagine a scenario where one of the two starting QBs test positive during Super Bowl week?

Exactly. Browns have been hit, but it could get ugly if other teams have an outbreak. Also it would look hypocritical if the NFL decided to delay games or move them around when teams like the Broncos, Saints, etc. got hosed during the regular season with this and were forced to play in not ideal circumstances.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2021, 02:38:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Is that media in Miami?  I mean they have an even stronger gripe about a team playing to lose and that team was the Pittsburgh Steelers.  No Ben.  Several other players out.  Steelers lose, allowing Browns to win and firmly eliminating the Dolphins from the playoffs after their expected loss to Buffalo. 

No one can legitimately complain about a team doing some weird stuff during week 17.  It happens every single year.  Mahomes didn't play.  Roethlisberger didn't play.  Lots of other teams sat players or pulled them early.  And frankly, it isn't like Hurts was on fire.  He was terrible.  I mean high school QB bad in that game. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip