Author Topic: Fansided - The Relentless growth of Jae Crowder  (Read 3871 times)

Re: Fansided - The Relentless growth of Jae Crowder
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Crowder was the best player in the Rondo deal. I think his recent cool down might have to do with that shin/calf injury he was dealing with. I'd lean to sitting him a few games just to get him right but I think he's trying to gut it out until the all star break. He's basically the only SF on the roster.
Hope that's true about the injuries cooling him off, but it just might be that he was playing beyond his level for a couple months.
i guess we will know in another season or three.  ;D
He's turning 26 this year.  If you were poking fun at me suggesting that we don't know the ceiling of a guy like Nerlens Noel or Mario Hezonja (21 and 20), I suggest you read this article:  http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/

It's possible Crowder makes a leap... but it's rare for someone his age.

I still think Crowder's best-case scenario is Jeff Green with better defense and better leadership (which would basically be an all-star).  Worst-case scenario he's the second coming of James Posey - great leader/great defender/decent offensively.  A really good role player.

Re: Fansided - The Relentless growth of Jae Crowder
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:29 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I still think Crowder's best-case scenario is Jeff Green with better defense and better leadership (which would basically be an all-star). 

Fairly accurate comp as of now:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=crowdja01&p2=greenje02&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Mostly equal across the board except for one glaring difference (and the only one that matters):  Crowder is a +4 net and Green is a -5 (yikes!) for their careers.