Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 85759 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I want to say "The Pats are in trouble," but ...

(1) It's only Dec 1st

(2) It's the Patriots
I remember us both saying the Pats were in strife last season, so I'm keeping quiet.
As an outside observer this year just seems different.  Brady is clearly not the same and he is letting it show with all his tirades (something that were rare in the past).  The team has clear problems offensively from everywhere.  They can't effectively pass or run the ball.  Defensively they are good, but they certainly aren't as good as the stats show.  that is much more a factor of them just playing a weak schedule.  The only teams above .500 they have played are the Steelers, Bills, Ravens, and Texans, and they went 2-2 in those games and really only looked good against the Steelers in week 1.   They have the Chiefs this weekend.  I'd be surprised if they could score enough to win, but it isn't like the Chiefs are exactly a defensive juggernaut. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Those of you fretting over Tom Brady and The Patriots....

My Washington Redskins have won TWO in a ROW...Haskins is starting to look good....getting better....our defense is solid....D. Guise and AP holding things down with the running game...

I'm thankful for Washington's future. And we're 3-9.

#Perspective.

« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2019, 12:54:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Those of you fretting over Tom Brady and The Patriots....

My Washington Redskins have won TWO in a ROW...Haskins is starting to look good....getting better....our defense is solid....D. Guise and AP holding things down with the running game...

I'm thankful for Washington's future. And we're 3-9.

#Perspective.

I ve been beaten down like a dog trying to gather any energy being a dolphins fan .  Just a driftin a sea,of hopelessness  :-[

« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Antonio Brown has been busy on Instagram today. First he posted this, which several Patriots, including Brady, liked. You can see Jamie Collins' reply to it as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5tH_Jehyk0/

Then he posted a more comprehensive apology, though it's not clear what for - it seems to be for his menacing texts to the 2nd woman (the artist) who was reported as accusing him of sexual misconduct.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5veOHNhHd4/

The full apology is:

Antonio Brown:
First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended. I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love. I’ve worked hard over the years to earn a chance to compete in the greatest game on earth. Over the years I was met with challenges and I can honestly say I didn’t handle those challenges in the manner that I should have. Over the past few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to think about everything that’s transpired and I am deeply sorry to all who I’ve offended. While my behavior was inexcusable, sometimes when people are coming at you with false information and allegations, we handle ourselves in ways that we sometimes regret. I do take full responsibility for my actions and I’m working everyday to repair what I broke. I do know that if I’m ever given the opportunity to play the game that I love, I’m going to work extremely hard to show the world how much I appreciate another chance. To the organizations that I offended, I offer my sincere apology to you and my hope is that you forgive me and help me move on from this minor setback. I look forward to competing and helping a team reach their goals.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/12/06/antonio-brown-apologizes-wants-another-chance/4355907002/

IF the league doesn't ban him from playing this season, any chance the Pats might pick him up again and if so how would we all feel about it??

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #289 on: December 06, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol. Comparing his texts and that statement, it looks like Brown’s remedial writing classes are paying off.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #290 on: December 06, 2019, 07:35:05 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
From a football perspective, this is a no-brainer: the Pats need AB badly, perhaps more badly than they've ever needed anything during the Brady-Belichick era.

From the nonfootball perspective, it's dicey, of course. I'm a Pats fan, so of course I want them to have someone of AB's caliber, especially in this crappy offense they have now. And I also wonder: if someone screws up, even in a major way, does that mean they should never be allowed to work again, never allowed to pursue the good things they're passionate about?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #291 on: December 06, 2019, 08:26:46 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Lol. Comparing his texts and that statement, it looks like Brown’s remedial writing classes are paying off.

Maybe his agent wrote it for him  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Just what the offense needed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
A sweep right, flea flucker!!!!

Never saw that before!!!

And for a TD no less!!!!

« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2019, 05:22:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I know that saying Brady looks old is the thing that will cause him to suddenly play great.

But Brady seems old.

I know he doesn't have a lot of receiving options. But that's part of being old, not being able to make plays when things aren't in your favor.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2019, 05:26:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Part of the thing with Brady, and has been true for a while, is he over-relies on certain guys if he isn't comfortable with his other options.

But that doesn't mean the other options aren't talented. Sometimes Brady deserves blame for not being able to trust and make use of the other pieces.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Why not take the points there? If Folk can’t hit a 44 yard FG, he shouldn’t be on the roster.

« Reply #297 on: December 08, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Why not take the points there? If Folk can’t hit a 44 yard FG, he shouldn’t be on the roster.

I definitely think they don’t trust Folk. If they could’ve signed a kicker they trust they would have.

« Reply #298 on: December 08, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

The kicking situation is a borderline disaster right now. You have a team with a mediocre offense that can't reliably kick a field goal outside of 35 yards.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2019, 05:36:55 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This offense stinks. Can't pick up blitzes, receivers don't look back early enough on blitzes, and Brady is looking shaky at best. And the defense totally fell asleep in the last few minutes.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis