Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 86787 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #360 on: December 12, 2019, 08:03:59 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He knows that it's over - at least for this season - and is just blowing off steam (although he certainly isn't doing himself any favors with the Big Ben and caucasian stuff) . He isn't wrong that there are a number of players with records / arrests that are still playing. Sometimes being a jerk is all it takes to prevent teams from signing you and AB has a long history of that. Unfortunately for him, the more public he continues to be with his complaints, the less likely he is to find employment in the future.

« Reply #361 on: December 12, 2019, 09:57:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, does anything come from Spygate 2?

Any other team, it’s a slap on the wrist without a smoking gun. With the Pats, though, draft picks have got to be on the table.  You just can’t trust that this was an innocent mistake.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #362 on: December 12, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Any other team, it’s a slap on the wrist without a smoking gun. With the Pats, though, draft picks have got to be on the table.  You just can’t trust that this was an innocent mistake.

The league will certainly hammer them financially.  As we saw from Deflategate, the other owners are going to want their pound of flesh.  Goodell will abide.  I could see them losing mid round draft picks but I don't think we'll see another 1st rounder taken from them.

Again, we're talking about the league office which is anything but consistent with their punishments so who knows?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #363 on: December 12, 2019, 10:32:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The league will certainly hammer them financially.  As we saw from Deflategate, the other owners are going to want their pound of flesh.  Goodell will abide.  I could see them losing mid round draft picks but I don't think we'll see another 1st rounder taken from them.

Again, we're talking about the league office which is anything but consistent with their punishments so who knows?

The best thing about being a Patriots fan is that everybody tries to take you down and calls you cheaters, but you know it is all coming from a place of jealousy. I supported the team pre-Kraft (I was just a kid) and these past 25 years (and especially 18) have been incredible. These 'scandals' have all been a joke and anybody who has taken even 10 minutes to read about them would agree if they just took off their anti-Patriots glasses.

But I guess it's more fun to think that the Pats desperately needed to cheat in order to beat the lowly Bungles.

« Reply #364 on: December 12, 2019, 11:19:48 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If there’s any team in the league that should know all the rules for videotaping, it should be the Pats. If a player or coach is being taped, I don’t see how Bill Belichick doesn’t know about it. And if the Pats have a dedicated filming crew, they should know the rules, inside and out. How in the world, did some random person in the Bengals organization know the rules better than a dedicated film crew?

From what I understand, a Bengals staff member noticed the Patriots video crew was taping the Bengals sideline. To prove he was right, the Bengals took an 8 minute video of the Pats video crew taping the sideline. Apparently, the Patriots camera was taping the sideline for around 30 minutes, before the Bengals asked them to stop.

If fining and or taking away draft picks won’t stop the Patriots from cheating or bending the rules to gain a competitive advantage, then something else will be done. Could this be the last straw, where Roger Goodell throws down the ultimate hammer and suspends Belichick for all of next season?

« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2019, 12:15:30 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Anyone headed to the Pats game today?

« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
After the opening drive this team has embarrassed themselves since

« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
After the opening drive this team has embarrassed themselves since

Awful.

But nice stop.

« Reply #368 on: December 15, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Patriots' offense:

- Genuinely bad offensive line
- 42 year QB who can barely move in the pocket anymore
- Kicker who can't be relied upon outside of 40 yards

Apart from "they're the Patriots," why should we believe this team can score enough to beat any half-decent team?

I feel like the injuries on the offensive line / fullback combined with a lack of decent tight ends (no replacement at all for Gronk) is the major culprit of the offense being so bad this season.

You can't plan for injuries beyond a certain extent, but I would have thought that pass blocking would have been more of a priority in constructing the team for this season given they have an ancient QB.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 02:36:51 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Having Bethel and Slater on special teams is so fun to watch
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2019, 02:54:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
How are we back to the bend but don't break defense now?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488

Considering I'm right with Pho's recent posts, you are right its nice to have 2 elite special steamers haha

Edit: it's also nice to have a Gilmore on your team
#JKJB

« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Considering I'm right with Pho's recent posts, you are right its nice to have 2 elite special steamers haha

Edit: it's also nice to have a Gilmore on your team

Yeah, he's probably the best player on the team.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2019, 03:02:38 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
3 turnovers make the difference.

Outside of the 2 Gilmore interceptions, defense has not looked good at all.   

The O line has been awful, but Brady has been pretty bad too.

« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2019, 03:48:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
One of the weakest blowouts I’ve ever seen.

Hope Bills lose today because I don’t see Pats beating Bills next week.