Author Topic: Bulls Front Office: "Anything is on the table" with regard to Butler  (Read 17776 times)

Re: Bulls Front Office: "Anything is on the table" with regard to Butler
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2016, 12:15:54 PM »

Offline SuperCeltic92

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
Off Season Moves:

Waive Amir Johnson

Trade - Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Terry Rozier, 2016 BKN Pick, 2016 BOS Pick to Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy

Sign - Al Horford for 4 Years/$107 Million
Sign - Jamal Crawford for 2 Years/$12 Million
Sign - Terrence Jones for 4 Years/$20 Million

Draft - C Damian Jones
Draft - F Ben Bentil
Draft - G Gary Payton II

Roster:
C: Al Horford, Tyler Zeller, Damian Jones
PF: Terrence Jones, Kelly Olynyk, Ben Bentil
SF: Jae Crowder, Mike Dunleavy, James Young
SG: Jimmy Butler, Jamal Crawford, RJ Hunter
PG: Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Gary Payton II

There are so many parts to this post that are either funny or ridiculous (highlighted by the random bold font), but that is an overpay for Butler..
I'd trade Jared Sullinger. He wants a max contract, and his agent (Balk) wouldn't discuss an extension if it was anything below the max. I'm not paying him $15+ million per year.

I agree, you're overpaying for Butler. However, you will not get a young, elite player in the NBA without giving up a package of players and picks.

If you want to keep this team together, that's fine. I'm not saying let's 'blow this team up' - but we need more talent. It's becoming clearer and clearer.

- Waive Amir Johnson - Love what he contributes night in, night out for this team. However, if we want to add talent to this team, keeping Johnson at $12 million per year will hinder that.
- Waive Jonas Jerebko.
- Let Evan Turner Walk.
- Trade Jared Sullinger

Doesn't matter where we land in the lottery, I still make these moves. Sullinger, I feel we can get a 1st rounder from any team that's in the back end of the draft (15-30) and some additional pieces.

These are some players hitting free agency, that I believe, would fit in nice with our current C's.

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Jamal Crawford
Terrence Jones
Dwight Powell

Potential Depth Chart:
PG - Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier
SG - Avery Bradley, Jamal Crawford, RJ Hunter
SF - Jae Crowder, James Young
PF - Harrison Barnes, Terrence Jones, Jordan Mickey
C - Al Horford, Kelly Olynyk, Tyler Zeller

That's a lineup, without a potential top 5 pick, and a number of other first round picks. I'd take that all day.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:32:14 PM by SuperCeltic92 »

« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
So here is my Bulls trade:

To Boston:  Rose ($21.3M), Butler ($16.4M)
To Chicago: Thomas ($6.7M), Bradley ($8.3M), Amir ($12.0M), Jerebko ($5.0M)

Add to that draft pick(s); possibly one of the Nets, maybe the future Memphis pick.

The idea is that the Bulls clear their slate with Noah expiring and Rose included in the package.  They give up their star (Butler) but get back enough to assemble a decent team and also get some valuable pick or picks.  If they pass on Amir Johnson, they end up saving about $19M which I think would allow them to make a run at top FAs this off season.

For us, we take Rose back who probably isn't in anyone's long term plan but with our current young players and draft picks, we have enough to put a team around Butler over the next few years.

Having Rose on the payroll would eliminate any chance at a big time FA this off season but he expires and we can shop more in earnest the following off season.  And if by some miracle, Rose returns to form, great, we have an MVP caliber PG to try and resign.

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Are you guys sure you want this guy? Look at the link below. The guy has a huge ego and he can't make threes. He's a good second option, but not a fan of him as the number one. Also, his team didn't make the playoffs this year. So there was def locker room issues going on there.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/jimmy-butler-collosal-ego-hangs-with-mark-wahlberg/301183

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2016, 01:03:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
So here is my Bulls trade:

To Boston:  Rose ($21.3M), Butler ($16.4M)
To Chicago: Thomas ($6.7M), Bradley ($8.3M), Amir ($12.0M), Jerebko ($5.0M)

Add to that draft pick(s); possibly one of the Nets, maybe the future Memphis pick.

The idea is that the Bulls clear their slate with Noah expiring and Rose included in the package.  They give up their star (Butler) but get back enough to assemble a decent team and also get some valuable pick or picks.  If they pass on Amir Johnson, they end up saving about $19M which I think would allow them to make a run at top FAs this off season.

For us, we take Rose back who probably isn't in anyone's long term plan but with our current young players and draft picks, we have enough to put a team around Butler over the next few years.

Having Rose on the payroll would eliminate any chance at a big time FA this off season but he expires and we can shop more in earnest the following off season.  And if by some miracle, Rose returns to form, great, we have an MVP caliber PG to try and resign.
I really dont like taking back Rose and I also dont like losing AB and IT, but we get Jimmy without giving up Jae or Brooklyn 16.

I dont love it, but if you love a trade it means the other side probably isnt doing it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Are you guys sure you want this guy? Look at the link below. The guy has a huge ego and he can't make threes. He's a good second option, but not a fan of him as the number one. Also, his team didn't make the playoffs this year. So there was def locker room issues going on there.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/jimmy-butler-collosal-ego-hangs-with-mark-wahlberg/301183
Yeah there are certainly chemistry issues surrounding him, but overall he seems like a good guy. The things Ive mostly read are that hes tried to step up and be a leader while guys like Noah and DRose feel they should still be the leaders. Now if Jimmy was a true leader like a Tom Brady this wouldnt be an issue, but I dont think you should rule a guy out cus he has had issues with this. IT had teammate issues, so did Evan Turner.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2016, 01:19:18 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So the recent report this morning says that Garland (one of the Bulls GM's) and Butler have had words and aren't getting along.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160416/sports/160418941

It also said that Noah has been giving Jimmy Butler a lot of lip for a while now because Noah doesn't appreciate that he isn't the big dog in the locker room any more (It's Jimmy's team now).
Jimmy apparently puts in more work than anyone and the young guys look up to him, whereas Noah seems to have the backing of the veterans on the team except Gasol (who's taking Butler's side).

Gasol has taken Butler's side and is making Jimmy question the work ethic of the team.

Pretty fascinating locker room dance going on over there right now.

There was a report this morning about how Butler and Noah almost came to blows because of the wise cracks Noah was making and talking down to Butler...Butler told him to go blow a goat (or something of that vein) and it was a blessing in disguise when the already hobbled Noah had to go back to New York for injury recovery.

Jimmy Butler is certainly a disgruntled star.

The same reporter also said the Bulls are trying to make repairs with Noah...so perhaps they're taking Noah+Rose's side on this one?

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160418/sports/160418729/
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
It would be amazing to get Butler.

He is perfect for playoff basketball.

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2016, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
So the recent report this morning says that Garland (one of the Bulls GM's) and Butler have had words and aren't getting along.

It also said that Noah has been giving Jimmy Butler a lot of lip for a while now because Noah doesn't appreciate that he isn't the big dog in the locker room any more (It's Jimmy's team now).
Jimmy apparently puts in more work than anyone and the young guys look up to him, whereas Noah seems to have the backing of the veterans on the team except Gasol (who's taking Butler's side).

Gasol has taken Butler's side and is making Jimmy question the work ethic of the team.

There was a report this morning about how Butler and Noah almost came to blows because of the wise cracks Noah was making and talking down to Butler...Butler told him to go blow a goat (or something of that vein) and it was a blessing in disguise when the already hobbled Noah had to go back to New York for injury recovery.

The same reporter also said the Bulls are trying to make repairs with Noah...so perhaps they're taking Noah+Rose's side on this one?

Interesting. So if Noah is being a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., the Celtics could make out on the Bulls front office stupidity.

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2016, 01:29:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

The writer seems like an insider. So this:
So for the Bulls to trade Butler, they need to get a star in return
makes me think that it's be hard for us to get jimmy.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

If they decide to get rid of Butler this offseason they'll be limited with 'stars' they can get in return. If we get the #3 pick and offer them another Brooklyn pick+Bradley then that woul hopefully look tempting to them.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2016, 07:41:52 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Off Season Moves:

Waive Amir Johnson

Trade - Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Terry Rozier, 2016 BKN Pick, 2016 BOS Pick to Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy

Draft - C Damian Jones
Draft - F Ben Bentil
Draft - G Gary Payton II

Roster:

There are so many parts to this post that are either funny or ridiculous (highlighted by the random bold font), but that is an overpay for Butler..
I'd trade Jared Sullinger. He wants a max contract, and his agent (Balk) wouldn't discuss an extension if it was anything below the max. I'm not paying him $15+ million per year.

I agree, you're overpaying for Butler. However, you will not get a young, elite player in the NBA without giving up a package of players and picks.

If you want to keep this team together, that's fine. I'm not saying let's 'blow this team up' - but we need more talent. It's becoming clearer and clearer.

- Waive Amir Johnson - Love what he contributes night in, night out for this team. However, if we want to add talent to this team, keeping Johnson at $12 million per year will hinder that.
- Waive Jonas Jerebko.
- Let Evan Turner Walk.
- Trade Jared Sullinger

Doesn't matter where we land in the lottery, I still make these moves. Sullinger, I feel we can get a 1st rounder from any team that's in the back end of the draft (15-30) and some additional pieces.

These are some players hitting free agency, that I believe, would fit in nice with our current C's.

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Jamal Crawford
Terrence Jones
Dwight Powell

Potential Depth Chart:

That's a lineup, without a potential top 5 pick, and a number of other first round picks. I'd take that all day.
You are misconstruing a great deal of what Sullinger's agent said and then making that seem like those are Sullinger's demands.  Sully's agent merely said there is no point in extending a rookie contract unless it is for the max.  He never said Sullinger was demanding the max or would only accept the max.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2016, 07:52:48 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

If they think highly of the Brooklyn pick it might work, though might need a 3rd team.

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Off Season Moves:

Waive Amir Johnson

Draft - C Damian Jones
Draft - F Ben Bentil
Draft - G Gary Payton II

Roster:

- Waive Jonas Jerebko.
- Let Evan Turner Walk.
- Trade Jared Sullinger

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Jamal Crawford
Terrence Jones
Dwight Powell

Potential Depth Chart:

the only way Sully has any value is to a GM who isn't watching the playoffs. Just let him walk away.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »

Offline SuperCeltic92

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
Off Season Moves:

Waive Amir Johnson

Draft - C Damian Jones
Draft - F Ben Bentil
Draft - G Gary Payton II

Roster:

- Waive Jonas Jerebko.
- Let Evan Turner Walk.
- Trade Jared Sullinger

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Jamal Crawford
Terrence Jones
Dwight Powell

Potential Depth Chart:

You are misconstruing a great deal of what Sullinger's agent said and then making that seem like those are Sullinger's demands.  Sully's agent merely said there is no point in extending a rookie contract unless it is for the max.  He never said Sullinger was demanding the max or would only accept the max.
His agent is his representative at the end of the day. I'd give Sullinger a contract similar to Amir Johnson's, 2 Years/$24 million with a team option after Year 1, but I highly doubt he and his agent would accept that. Look at similar to how the Patriots dealt with Chandler Jones, we're not going to re-sign him after next season to a contract similar to Jae Crowder's (bargain), so what's the point of keeping him around? Trade him get some pieces while you can. This has been by far his best all-around season. Another reason to trade him would be his conditioning and back problems.

This is just my opinion here. Sullinger is replaceable.

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2016, 09:23:15 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Off Season Moves:

Waive Amir Johnson

Draft - C Damian Jones
Draft - F Ben Bentil
Draft - G Gary Payton II

Roster:

- Waive Jonas Jerebko.
- Let Evan Turner Walk.
- Trade Jared Sullinger

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Jamal Crawford
Terrence Jones
Dwight Powell

Potential Depth Chart:

His agent is his representative at the end of the day. I'd give Sullinger a contract similar to Amir Johnson's, 2 Years/$24 million with a team option after Year 1, but I highly doubt he and his agent would accept that. Look at similar to how the Patriots dealt with Chandler Jones, we're not going to re-sign him after next season to a contract similar to Jae Crowder's (bargain), so what's the point of keeping him around? Trade him get some pieces while you can. This has been by far his best all-around season. Another reason to trade him would be his conditioning and back problems.

This is just my opinion here. Sullinger is replaceable.
Sullinger is a free agent.  Boston can't just trade him.