Author Topic: XFL: Not gonna watch but like some of the rules differences with NFL  (Read 4583 times)

Re: XFL: Not gonna watch but like some of the rules differences with NFL
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 07:52:22 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sounds like RIP to the XFL....again.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/10/xfl-lays-off-all-employees-suspends-operations/
Now maybe there is more than in that article, but that article has a lot of guessing and supposition that the XFL is done.  I don't think laying off employees says that one way or the other given the current pandemic.  Lots of businesses are laying off their employees and closing down.  Doesn't mean they won't re-open at some point in the future.
An ESPN article quoted an unnamed high ranking staffer saying that the league is essentially done.

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/29021347/xfl-suspends-operations-lays-employees-no-plans-return-2021
yeah that one was far more clear and I saw it later that night and now of course the news of the bankruptcy filing.

I didn't mean to suggest that I thought the XFL was going to survive, merely that the reporting in the profootballtalk article didn't actual lead to that conclusion.  Journalism in general has been on the decline for years, but in sports it is particularly bad because of the entertainment and opinion aspect that has taken over all forms of sports, including its journalism. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: XFL: Not gonna watch but like some of the rules differences with NFL
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 09:42:29 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
What a shame. Sucks that the XFL never even had a chance to succeed, with no missteps of their own fault. I was interested to see someone break the monopoly the NFL and the NCAA has on football, even if it was only a glimpse.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum