Author Topic: Celtics (4-1) at Raptors (2-2) 10/15  (Read 43852 times)

Re: Celtics (4-1) at Raptors (2-2) 10/15
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2010, 10:03:42 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Not sure why we did not see more of Bradley (2 min. only). Hope Doc was just giving West and Wafer their last hurah; but still would like bradley to get more run before the season, otherwise he will have to spend some quality time in Maine in order to get up to speed.

« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2010, 10:04:40 PM »

Offline no kidding

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Looks like Marquis has ice on his shoulder, probably because of idiot Reggie Evans’ hard screen.  >:(
Its the NBA he will get tons of those, Marquis is just fragile  :-X
All the more reason to keep Lasme around.

« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wish Lasme had been in there rather than Wafer at the end. Would like to see him against Sonny Weems.

Good Win!
You're kidding, right?  That was a terrible win, the worst kind.  Toronto SUCKS, and they almost lost to them.  Rondo, Daniels and the other starter gave them a 30-pont lead and these end-of-bench bozos blew it all.

Cut West and Wafer, right now, BOTH OF THEM.  These guys have been in the league a few years and they looks like crap.  Erden was okay, but he has terrible hands.  Harangody is a rookie so he sort of has an excuse.  Robinson was exhausted (his shot was front-rimming.) so I give him a pass.

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2010, 10:22:14 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Not sure why we did not see more of Bradley (2 min. only). Hope Doc was just giving West and Wafer their last hurah; but still would like bradley to get more run before the season, otherwise he will have to spend some quality time in Maine in order to get up to speed.

Yea, I believe Doc wanted to give Wafer and West a good look and was probably scared Avery at the point probably wouldn't allow the best look possible since he has minimal understanding of the offense.

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2010, 01:50:33 AM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Good to see Semih getting some valuable PT, in 32 mins he had 7 points + 8 Rebounds.

I really like this 7'0 kid

« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2010, 04:04:12 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Cant wait till tomorrow, lets smother them Knicks hope Shaq or JO lay Amare on his butt
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
With foul trouble on Wednesday, visa issues last night, and Wafer relaxing a bit and finding his shot, all the pressure's on Lasme tonight. 

Let's hope he can use his intelligence to adjust in his second look at the Knicks, because I'm really hoping he has what it takes to make this team instead of Wafer.  (And I fear some other team scoops him up if the C's don't put him on their roster.)

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
With foul trouble on Wednesday, visa issues last night, and Wafer relaxing a bit and finding his shot, all the pressure's on Lasme tonight. 

Let's hope he can use his intelligence to adjust in his second look at the Knicks, because I'm really hoping he has what it takes to make this team instead of Wafer.  (And I fear some other team scoops him up if the C's don't put him on their roster.)

I agree.  To heck with Wafer's offense.  Keep Lasme.  On any night when the Celtics are comfortably ahead in the 4th, they can give the old bigs as well Baby some more rest and give Lasme minutes at the 4.  Use he and Luke to keep Shaq, Jermaine and KG healthy and rested.

Grab a true 3 later in the season in case Marquis or Paul Pierce miss time with injuries....
Use the stop gap method until then.....(It's not like Wafer is a true 3 anyway....)

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Wish Lasme had been in there rather than Wafer at the end. Would like to see him against Sonny Weems.

Good Win!
You're kidding, right?  That was a terrible win, the worst kind.  Toronto SUCKS, and they almost lost to them.  Rondo, Daniels and the other starter gave them a 30-pont lead and these end-of-bench bozos blew it all.

Cut West and Wafer, right now, BOTH OF THEM.  These guys have been in the league a few years and they looks like crap.  Erden was okay, but he has terrible hands.  Harangody is a rookie so he sort of has an excuse.  Robinson was exhausted (his shot was front-rimming.) so I give him a pass.

Alright not a good win; but lots to like about what we saw from Nate, Marquis, Rondo, JO, Erden and BBD. The Worst performances were from people that will not even be here once the season starts. Marquis looked really sharp. Nate was unstoppable, Rondo was unstoppable, defense in first half was solid.