Author Topic: Celtics (12-2) at Nets (5-8) Game #15 11/14/17  (Read 51072 times)

Re: Celtics (12-2) at Nets (5-8) Game #15 11/14/17
« Reply #600 on: November 14, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I can see already this season that Jaylen has improved his passing and is more spatially aware, big jump from last season.

needs to improve handle. once he does. watch out
lock him up in the gym  for a month with Kyrie, the best ball handler to ever play the game. Teach brown to handle and don’t come out until he’s as good as Kyrie. Problem solved

Best ball handler ever was Cousy, he had to dribble with his hand on top of the ball only. Amazing! Kyrie is incredible too.

« Reply #601 on: November 14, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Yeah!!  "The masked man!" Shooting 35% from the field (again)!!! Super cool!!!!!! #marketthisman
Yeah, I think he's doing just fine.

I'm glad you're happy, I'm not.  25 points on 20 shots, too much iso basketball, and continued inconsistency is not "franchise" or "mvp."  But you guys can knock yourselves out.  Must be fun.   

You think you are credible? Whatever you say isnt going to be worth a [dang] thing. You are a hater from day 1.

Guys coming back from injury, on a new team, playing with that annoying mask while all the attention are on you, are given leeway to try to get into rhythm. You dont know squat, you are just a frickin hater whose mouth spews nothing but hatred for Kyrie.

Im not a kyrie fan, but it just bugs me that people dont even give a chance to a member of the Celtics. Some people decided from the get go that he is bad/mediocre. People telling that Kyrie is "hyped" when in fact there are more posts and threads dedicated to thrashing him.

Tarheels your bias is shining through. 0 credibility, 0!!

So I'm: Not credible.  A hater.  My mouth spews nothing but hatred.  I have 0 credibility.

Mods: At what point can I begin to respond to these with insults?  They are apparently no repercussions for this bull****.  I read people constantly complain about Trump -- and I respect it, as there are fewer personal attacks -- in expressions of strong sentiment/opinion. My criticisms of Kyrie are no different.  And what's crazy.. they're accurate!

Edit: Is it specified somewhere (e.g., sticky) how many personal attacks result in a ban?

I'm not sure you are noticing a 13 game win streak.

« Reply #602 on: November 14, 2017, 11:02:01 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I can see already this season that Jaylen has improved his passing and is more spatially aware, big jump from last season.

lock him up in the gym  for a month with Kyrie, the best ball handler to ever play the game. Teach brown to handle and don’t come out until he’s as good as Kyrie. Problem solved

Best ball handler ever was Cousy, he had to dribble with his hand on top of the ball only. Amazing! Kyrie is incredible too.

That is something, isn't it?

Almost two different categories of ball handling, in my opinion.

I feel Kyrie would have been a he'll of a dribbler, even back in the day, but I also would love to see what Cousey could have done if he had grown up with today's allowances on handling the rock.

« Reply #603 on: November 14, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Tatum could be nicknamed Demogog....Stranger Things reference.

But I'm sticking with The Adjective. Because there are just no words
call him dart
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #604 on: November 14, 2017, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

call him dart
I thought dart died though

« Reply #605 on: November 14, 2017, 11:33:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I feel Kyrie would have been a he'll of a dribbler, even back in the day, but I also would love to see what Cousey could have done if he had grown up with today's allowances on handling the rock.

Watching Cousy is crazy looking but Kyrie is amazing with modern rules. That's why you can't compare eras. The rule changes and conditioning and sports medicine, etc... My favorite what if is Bird in this modern era when you can't touch anyone.

« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2017, 11:36:09 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Watching Cousy is crazy looking but Kyrie is amazing with modern rules. That's why you can't compare eras. The rule changes and conditioning and sports medicine, etc... My favorite what if is Bird in this modern era when you can't touch anyone.

My favorite, is what would the 3 or. record books say if Larry was encouraged to out up 5-10 a game.

But that is so true on How you can't really compare across eras.

« Reply #607 on: November 14, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

call him dart

Or call him Jason Fantastic

« Reply #608 on: November 15, 2017, 12:37:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #609 on: November 15, 2017, 01:06:05 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Tarheels is entitled to his opinion. You can debate his stance and disagree. But name calling and disrespecting others is not allowed. If it continues in this thread or others, there will be repercussions.

At what point does an opinion become trolling, or is trolling just allowed because its too difficult to police? He has consistently taken over topics with his negativity and made obvious inflamatory statements that are factless or heavily skewed. Its getting difficult to have conversations with others due to his trolly interactions.

When he gets a response, he cries for the mods to penalize people. This is kinda' like when Draymond Green instigates a fight with someone, but the other guy gets T'd up for his reaction.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:11:13 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #610 on: November 15, 2017, 01:30:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah!!  "The masked man!" Shooting 35% from the field (again)!!! Super cool!!!!!! #marketthisman

I'm glad you're happy, I'm not.  25 points on 20 shots, too much iso basketball, and continued inconsistency is not "franchise" or "mvp."  But you guys can knock yourselves out.  Must be fun.   

You think you are credible? Whatever you say isnt going to be worth a [dang] thing. You are a hater from day 1.

Guys coming back from injury, on a new team, playing with that annoying mask while all the attention are on you, are given leeway to try to get into rhythm. You dont know squat, you are just a frickin hater whose mouth spews nothing but hatred for Kyrie.

Im not a kyrie fan, but it just bugs me that people dont even give a chance to a member of the Celtics. Some people decided from the get go that he is bad/mediocre. People telling that Kyrie is "hyped" when in fact there are more posts and threads dedicated to thrashing him.

I've noticed that this seems to be a pattern of yours with respect to questioning another poster's credibility, so my question, here, is what gives you the right to determine the, well, credibility of the poster of your choice?  Is it like a credit score?  Do you work for Moody's?  What kind of rating system do you employ when making these assessments?  What are the criteria?  Are you one of the guys from freecreditreport.com?  What instrument do you play?  Are you the driver or the dude who serves chowder and iced tea, not to mention fish, to tourists in t-shirts, or is your scene more of a Renaissance Fair?

That aside, I know that we've had our squabbles in the past, but I have to admit, even for you, this is beyond the pale, imo.  Settle down, brotato chip.

Tarheels is entitled to his opinion. You can debate his stance and disagree. But name calling and disrespecting others is not allowed. If it continues in this thread or others, there will be repercussions.

At what point does an opinion become trolling, or is trolling just allowed because its too difficult to police? He has consistently taken over topics with his negativity and made obvious inflamatory statements that are factless or heavily skewed. Its getting difficult to have conversations with others due to his trolly interactions.

When he gets a response, he cries for the mods to penalize people. This is kinda' like when Draymond Green instigates a fight with someone, but the other guy gets T'd up for his reaction.

Are you seriously comparing a fan on Celticsblog to Draymond Green?  Really?

« Reply #611 on: November 15, 2017, 02:04:01 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I've noticed that this seems to be a pattern of yours with respect to questioning another poster's credibility, so my question, here, is what gives you the right to determine the, well, credibility of the poster of your choice?  Is it like a credit score?  Do you work for Moody's?  What kind of rating system do you employ when making these assessments?  What are the criteria?  Are you one of the guys from freecreditreport.com?  What instrument do you play?  Are you the driver or the dude who serves chowder and iced tea, not to mention fish, to tourists in t-shirts, or is your scene more of a Renaissance Fair?

That aside, I know that we've had our squabbles in the past, but I have to admit, even for you, this is beyond the pale, imo.  Settle down, brotato chip.

Are you seriously comparing a fan on Celticsblog to Draymond Green?  Really?

You think someone who has deep hatred of a single player has credibility with his opinion regarding said player? If he talks about Ojeleye sure it has bearing, but about Kyrie? In the court of Law you impeach a witness by proving his bias. You are just defending him because you are in the same boat, him with Kyrie and you with Ainge. We all know nick disliked Kelly, do you see him thrash him every post, at every move Kelly made? Is the name CELTICSblog just for show?

Mods here are quick to defend these guys, punishing and reprimanding the few who choose to speak out against them with their constant hate posts. Sometimes a single thread meant to appreciate certain players gets hijacked by these guys and turned into endless complaints about players of the team they are a "fan" of. These so-called "fans" look at their choice hated personalities and look for every flaw they can find, do their spin on them and never give them the benefit of the doubt. Who is the true fan, Nets fans who appreciated what their team gave tonight, or Celtics fans who maliciously tracks mistakes of certain personalities so they can thrash them?

OFC all these people can do is cry and ask for defense from the mods.

You have people who thrashed IT for playing poorly after her sister died, or the team right after Hayward got injured. And Celticsblog defended these people, protected them!

Can we expect CB to restrain these people? Of course not, they will shelter them, protect them and encourage them like usual. How else do these people become braver and bolder every single day?!

Sure ban me for protecting the CELTICS in Celticsblog at the same time sheltering the bashers. If that's the way this is ran now then I am glad I wont be a member anymore. Sayonara!

« Reply #612 on: November 15, 2017, 02:14:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I can't even imagine what you gonna say when we lose!

We've won 13 in a row! Irving is a leader on the team and the leading scorer.

We get that you hate him, but until Boston starts losing you're gonna be hard pressed to find too many Cs fans willing to jump on the hate train.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #613 on: November 15, 2017, 02:21:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

call him dart
That's Darth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #614 on: November 15, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, that's a heck of a goodbye.

I find it best to ignore that which I do not like.  I'm far from perfect at it, but I try.  But if it's too much, sure, leaving is probably the best thing.

I do feel like maliciously attacking Celtics players can go too far, and shouldn't be allowed (it's guaranteed to rile up a lot of fans), but that's not my line to draw.  The mods here do a fine enough job I'm not going to complain either way.