Author Topic: Bucher: KD to Knicks 'Done Deal'  (Read 9090 times)

Re: Bucher: KD to Knicks 'Done Deal'
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Bucher getting his name into the news cycle. He has always seemed to me like a guy who was in the wrong line of work. Sometimes, watching a lot of games in college and majoring in communications isn't enough. If he wanted a career in the sports broadcasting, perhaps he should have focused on play-by-play or something.

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2019, 11:26:38 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Wait a minute, I thought Kyrie, Durant, and AD were going to the Lakers? Now they're going to the Knicks?

Does the CBA allow for a player to play for two franchises at once? It would certainly make it easier for the league to market certain guys. Imagine the jerseys they could sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reality is a nuisance for journalists.
It is much easier to cover hot topics without its implications.

This is a fantastic standalone quote.  "Androslav" could be forever remembered throughout human history if this justifiably catches on.

Also, screw Ric Bucher.  Maybe he had sources 20 years ago.  Maybe.
Thanks man!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 11:51:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
IMO if Hayward could really shine , be close to Utah Gordon during the playoffs would do wonders for recruitment and positive team outlook and appearances. . Maybe Kyrie could see staying over going to NY .   

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 12:15:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
All of the people around KD are saying he's going to the Knicks behind the scenes. All of his related companies and interests are moving to NY or making partnerships with NY companies. He may change his mind but KD is setting up to go to NY.

This isn't just from the "hacks". This is from every single well sourced GSW reporter, this is coming from everywhere. Now this all still has the caveat that KD is also the kind of guy who may change his mind.

Kyrie on the other hand doesn't seem to have indicated anything to anyone in the same manner. His camp is not spreading the news with glee all over the league, but I am sure KD is selling him hard on joining him.

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 12:30:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
All of the people around KD are saying he's going to the Knicks behind the scenes. All of his related companies and interests are moving to NY or making partnerships with NY companies. He may change his mind but KD is setting up to go to NY.

This isn't just from the "hacks". This is from every single well sourced GSW reporter, this is coming from everywhere. Now this all still has the caveat that KD is also the kind of guy who may change his mind.

Kyrie on the other hand doesn't seem to have indicated anything to anyone in the same manner. His camp is not spreading the news with glee all over the league, but I am sure KD is selling him hard on joining him.

I agree.  There seems to be something real there with KD going to the Knicks.

Kyrie is, as ever, an enigma.

To me all signs point to Kyrie making a decision about staying or leaving based on how the Celts do in the playoffs and whether or not the team pulls off a trade for AD or some other big name (e.g. Bradley Beal).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Well the Knicks do have three spaces for max contract players, right?

Durant, Irving/Leonard, Davis.

Regardless, that team is going to be instant title contenders if three of those four players are on the same team. Steamroll the entire east, and then take down Houston in the Finals.

Knicks only have cap space for 2 max players, not 3.

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
KD might be better off signing with the possibly playoff bound Nets than going to the building-from-the ground-up-and-don't-even-have-a-decent-group-of-youth-to-build-from-yet, Knicks.

Nets might be able to dump Crabbe to a team for a future pick and clear up room for Durant and another free agent to add to the rest of the team.

Think about it. Nets could have almost the exact same team next year but with Durant replacing DaMarre Carroll and Kemba Walker/Kyrie Irving replacing D'Angelo Russell.

Kyrie or Kemba/Dinwiddie
Harris
LaVert/Kurucs
Durant/Hollis-Jefferson
Allan

That's a real good team.

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Can someone tell me if hypothetically we can get Kemba if Kyrie walks?
(assuming we get AD too) can we offer him a max?

tnx

Would have to be a sign and trade.

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
KD might be better off signing with the possibly playoff bound Nets than going to the building-from-the ground-up-and-don't-even-have-a-decent-group-of-youth-to-build-from-yet, Knicks.

Nets might be able to dump Crabbe to a team for a future pick and clear up room for Durant and another free agent to add to the rest of the team.

Think about it. Nets could have almost the exact same team next year but with Durant replacing DaMarre Carroll and Kemba Walker/Kyrie Irving replacing D'Angelo Russell.

Kyrie or Kemba/Dinwiddie
Harris
LaVert/Kurucs
Durant/Hollis-Jefferson
Allan

That's a real good team.

Does Brooklyn have enough cap space for 1 or 2 max free agents? Because if so, I agree Brooklyn would even be a more attractive destination than the lowly Knicks.

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2019, 12:44:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

tnx

Pretty sure doing a sign and trade given the current salary state of the team would set a hard cap for the team, which basically means Danny wouldn't do a sign and trade.

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Nets can get to two max player slots if they want to. It will require renouncing some rights and maybe a small move but they can do it.

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

tnx

Pretty sure doing a sign and trade given the current salary state of the team would set a hard cap for the team, which basically means Danny wouldn't do a sign and trade.

I could be mistaken, but if Kyrie leaves, then a sign and trade would not hard cap the team.

Losing Kyries Salary and a most likely extend for a smaller per year number on Horford should be fine.

IMO, If Kyrie leaves then number 1 priority turns to Kemba, and no Davis trade. Instead look at the secondary market for Centers. Drummond, Nurkic, Turner, Vucevic.

restack with non marquee players and go back to being the "underdog" while having a complete team on both ends.

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2019, 12:51:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The Nets can get to two max player slots if they want to. It will require renouncing some rights and maybe a small move but they can do it.
Not only two max slots but a 35% vet max slot and a 30% vet max slot.

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2019, 12:53:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

tnx

I could be mistaken, but if Kyrie leaves, then a sign and trade would not hard cap the team.

Losing Kyries Salary and a most likely extend for a smaller per year number on Horford should be fine.

IMO, If Kyrie leaves then number 1 priority turns to Kemba, and no Davis trade. Instead look at the secondary market for Centers. Drummond, Nurkic, Turner, Vucevic.

restack with non marquee players and go back to being the "underdog" while having a complete team on both ends.
You're forgetting all the cap holds and exceptions. Even without Kyrie, the cap holds take us to the tax apron.

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2019, 12:55:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
On it's own, Bucher doesn't mean much. But pretty much every NBA analyst/reporter who chimes in labels the chances of Durant to NYK as somewhere between a coin flip and a done deal to NYK. Then the Knicks trade KP in large part to generate double max space. And the Durant/Green invident earlier this year. And the fact that his tenure in GSW didn't lead to the adoration Durant thought. It all does seem to point to him going to the Knicks.