Author Topic: Offseason trade idea: Wizards/Grizzlies (Bye bye Ernie Grunfeld!)  (Read 740 times)

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
With Ernie Grunfield FINALLY out of the picture, the Wizards can start thinking about life without John Wall AND/OR Bradley Beal!

Meanwhile, the Grizzlies are on a (an unsuccessful) mission to make sure their pick this year conveys to Boston. But unless they slip a few spots: in the standings down the stretch of this season, or in the lotto—they may end up retaining the pick.

So let me get to the point....

- I fully expect the Grizzlies to trade Mike Conley this offseason.

- Once that’s complete, they’re left with what’s likely a TOP 6 lotto team in 2020.

But what about 2021 when their pick is unprotected?! The Grizzlies will want to make sure they’re as competitive as possible.

So here’s my idea...

2019 offseason trade:

To Memphis: John Wall
To Washington: Chandler Parsons & Avery Bradley

By making this deal, the Grizzlies finally get rid of Chandler Parsons albatross contract, by replacing it with John Walls! This ensures the tank even more for 2020 (Wall isn’t expected back until late next season-if at all).

When 2021 comes, they’d have Wall, Jaren Jackson, two more lotto picks (2019 and 2020) and cap space to add more talent. At that point, the biggest priority would be WINNING to spite the Celtics.

Re: Offseason trade idea: Wizards/Grizzlies (Bye bye Ernie Grunfeld!)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think any team is touching that Wall contract.  Parsons is an expiring deal next year; that's not really an albatross any more.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:40:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't think any team is touching that Wall contract.  Parsons is an expiring deal next year; that's not really an albatross any more.

Yeah, no one's touching the Wall contract with a 10 foot pole.

Now that the Wizards front office is in a transitional phase, I wonder if this opens up a chance that Beal is possibly dealt this summer and if so, could he be plan B to Anthony Davis in Ainge's eyes?

I know both Kyrie and Beal need the ball in their hands but if they can learn to share the ball and know when to shoot and when to pass, that could be the best back court in the NBA. We'd still need a center.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:44:52 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I don't know about Avery though, I think he would prefer to remain in Memphis. He likes it there as he has a lot of family there too.