Author Topic: This is why I am so Bullish on the Bucks  (Read 1618 times)

This is why I am so Bullish on the Bucks
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Someone recently posted this about the Bucks' number of games won by double digits, which I found very interesting:

The 72-win 95/96 Chicago Bulls won a whopping 46 games by double digits.

The 73-win 15/16 Golden State Warriors won 44 games by double digits.

The 18/19 Milwaukee Bucks have won 43 games by double digits. They still have 7 games remaining.

That is pretty incredible.

Re: This is why I am so Bullish on the Bucks
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:31:59 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Someone recently posted this about the Bucks' number of games won by double digits, which I found very interesting:

The 72-win 95/96 Chicago Bulls won a whopping 46 games by double digits.

The 73-win 15/16 Golden State Warriors won 44 games by double digits.

The 18/19 Milwaukee Bucks have won 43 games by double digits. They still have 7 games remaining.

That is pretty incredible.

Very cool stat.  It would be interesting to see the total amount of games decided by double digits throughout the league in comparison to 95/96 and 15/16..  This would help us get a better idea of how the stat holds up against the Bills and Warriors.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 11:47:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's too bad they are dropping like flies to injuries.

Milwaukee Bucks Injuries

Mar 29

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Status
Day-to-day
Antetokounmpo (ankle) had a significant limp following Thursday's game against the Clippers, Malika Andrews of ESPN reports.

Mar 27
Tony Snell
Status
Out
out

Mar 26
Donte DiVincenzo
Status
Out
DiVincenzo (heel) has been ruled out for the remainder of the season, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

Mar 23
Pau Gasol
Status
Out
Gasol (ankle) is expected to be out a month as he tends to a left ankle injury, Malika Andrews of ESPN reports.

Mar 20
Nikola Mirotic
Status
Out
Mirotic suffered a slight fracture of his left thumb and will be out two-to-four weeks, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Mar 16
Malcolm Brogdon
Status
Out
out

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/injuries/_/name/mil

Except for Giannis, every other player on this list might not make it back until after the first round of the playoffs. Could having to rely with significant contributions from Sterling Brown, Pat Connaughton and DJ Wilson cost them a series? You never know!!!

Of course, everything is coming up roses for this team this year and even with those players out, they had impressive wins vs Houston and LAC this week, so there is most likely no need to see the injury bug affecting them.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 11:51:32 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
It’s really going to come down to how some of the role players play in the postseason.  If Bledsoe disappears like he did last year, if Brogdon and Mirotic don’t come back strong from their injuries, etc., then Milwaukee will definitely be vulnerable.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I’m also a little bullish on the bucks ... (no relation to the bulls lol)
I think Lopez has the playoffs experience with pierce and is a little clutch. Similar thoughts for Mirotic and elyasova...
I do think that injuries will affect them and Lopez can go down with a foot injury any moment... that’s why they limit him to mid to low twenties min per night.
Brogdon is also the perfect role player next to giannis so if he comes back healthy warriors might be in trouble

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 12:19:21 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
TP for the interesting stat.

No doubt that is a powerful stat and the Bucks are definitely on the way up. Our conference is a bit on the weak side though and if the Bucks were in the West, that number would be a good deal lower.

Now, if we took that Warriors or Bulls team and put them in our conference now, it is safe to say the total number of double digits wins would skyrocket even further for them. We have 3 500 teams jockeying for the bottom 3 seeds in the playoffs right now. That is beyond pathetic. In addition, 4 of the top 5 worst teams are in our conference. They are losing games at a record pace in an attempt to put themselves in a position for the top pick in the draft.

I still believe when we get by the Pacers, we will get by the Bucks and on to the conference finals we go.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 12:29:16 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
This is interesting, but wanted to know if this is a cherry picked stat or not, so looked it up and you can see the all time list here. 

Actually shows this years Bucks at 44, not 43, so even better for them.  Currently in a 5-way tie for 8th best all time.  The 7 teams ahead of them all won a championship, but 3 of the 4 teams they're tied with didn't.  So hopefully they get stuck at 44 and this is the kiss of death and they go on to lose to the 2019 world champion Boston Celtics!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 01:16:49 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This is interesting, but wanted to know if this is a cherry picked stat or not, so looked it up and you can see the all time list here. 

Actually shows this years Bucks at 44, not 43, so even better for them.  Currently in a 5-way tie for 8th best all time.  The 7 teams ahead of them all won a championship, but 3 of the 4 teams they're tied with didn't.  So hopefully they get stuck at 44 and this is the kiss of death and they go on to lose to the 2019 world champion Boston Celtics!
That would be sweet, but honestly if Boston doesn't win the title I'd want it to be Milwaukee with them beating Denver in the Finals.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:57 AM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
You trust Bledsoe and Midleton in the playoffs??? Lol they couldn't even beat the banged up Celtics last year...

Coaches can only do some much end of the day players are the one's taking the shots...

I just don't trust the Bucks i think the refs will also be against them too small market no good for NBA

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 09:04:22 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
You trust Bledsoe and Midleton in the playoffs??? Lol they couldn't even beat the banged up Celtics last year...

Coaches can only do some much end of the day players are the one's taking the shots...

I just don't trust the Bucks i think the refs will also be against them too small market no good for NBA

Middleton torched the Celtics in last year's playoffs.  C's basically had no answer. for him. 

Coaching did in that squad as much as anything last spring.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team