Author Topic: Clippers Lose..Chris Paul Ejected  (Read 4188 times)

Re: Clippers Lose..Chris Paul Ejected
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Clippers really should have pushed for the KG trade. They missed out big time not trading Jordan and Bledsoe for KG.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Let the excuses role for CP now. VDN, blake injury, not enough talent, bad matchups.

Excuses throughout his career for going nowhere in the playoffs.

Just like KG before he went to Boston, huh? Or maybe Paul Pierce before KG arrived?  Or maybe Ray Allen before he went to Boston?  It's a strange coincidence that with better teammates and a better coach, they advanced further in the playoffs.

Blaming that series loss on CP3 lets me know that you probably didn't see a single game of that series.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:35:34 AM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think CP3 would sell his soul to play with KOBE on LA next year.....BUT ........wait....

From what I can find out from LA fans and they scheming hard as they can believe me,  , bad as they want it thats all but impossible,  NBA rules and caps have screwed them.  for at least next season.  Nash wants to come back and Kobe won't retire or stay out the whole season.

So , who ever signs CP3 .... he' won't do a very long deal......I believe he wants to be a LAKER  no matter what.  I don't see it happening till 2015 .....by then Kobe is an old man by NBA std..

CP3 just won't be happy until he is in Purple and yellow .   

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Felton looked like CP3 against us. Well a poorman/fatman version.

Every time I see him I think of John Bagley.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
Felton looked like CP3 against us. Well a poorman/fatman version.

Every time I see him I think of John Bagley.

I was always a fan of John Bagley.

Fourth in the league in assists per game in 85-86 behind Magic, Isiah, and Reggie Theus.  I'll admit that was pretty much the only impressive stat I found on his resume, but that's nice company to keep. 

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
RIP to Vinny Del Negro's tenure as Clippers head coach???

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Let the excuses role for CP now. VDN, blake injury, not enough talent, bad matchups.

Just like KG before he went to Boston, huh? Or maybe Paul Pierce before KG arrived?  Or maybe Ray Allen before he went to Boston?  It's a strange coincidence that with better teammates and a better coach, they advanced further in the playoffs.

Blaming that series loss on CP3 lets me know that you probably didn't see a single game of that series.

Chris Paul has great teammates. if he is hands down the best point guard in the league, in a point guard driven league he should cruise to the western conference finals with the team he had just like people were predicting after the first 2 games of the series, elevating his and everyone around his game. get over it, he's overrated.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

Chris Paul has great teammates. if he is hands down the best point guard in the league, in a point guard driven league he should cruise to the western conference finals with the team he had just like people were predicting after the first 2 games of the series, elevating his and everyone around his game. get over it, he's overrated.

Mario Chalmers was the point guard who won the NBA Finals last year, so I'd say the best team wins, not the best point guard, even in a "point guard driven league".

Saying that Chris Paul had "great teammates" is pretty laughable.  Here's the Clippers starting lineup aside from CP3 in Game 6: Billups, Butler, Odom, DeAndre Jordan.  Great teammates!  You must not have kept up with the NBA since 2008 if you think Billups, Odom, and Butler qualify as great teammates.  Welcome to 2013, friend.  Get over it, he's not overrated.

Why didn't KG "elevate his and everyone around his game" (as you so eloquently put it) in Minnesota when he was one of the best big men in a big men driven league?  By your logic, KG was overrated.  Basketball is not an individual sport.  You must've missed the series.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:49:30 AM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
If we are talking about the Hornets, ok I agree with you...but the Clippers have a VERY solid roster.

Garnett never had the team that Chris paul has right now with the clippers..

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
If we are talking about the Hornets, ok I agree with you...but the Clippers have a VERY solid roster.

I don't see a solid roster.  Memphis had 5 of the 6 best players in that series once Blake got hurt.  I wonder how many times a player has won a series where the other team had 5 of the 6 best players.  I'd guess zero.

I think people are seeing names like Chauncey Billups and Lamar Odom and forgetting that both of those guys have been terrible for a few years now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:00:07 PM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

a very solid roster? based on what, ESPN's obsession with showing blake catching lobs?

I mean, I thought they would go farther, so I'm not in the business of excusing Chris Paul, but I'm not sure how an aging billups, a awful odom, a one dimensional big man in Deandre and matt barnes constitutes a "very solid roster"

I'd say, even with a healthy overrated Blake Griffin of dunk highlight fame (who sucks on defense and isn't developing into the complete package player i expected, at least not yet.) the Clippers roster is like a solid B, B-.

As I said, he still should have gotten them trough, but I think Memphis is built pretty [dang] strong as a team. I don't think the difference between the two teams roster is as great as some pundits are saying it was now  in beating up the Clippers.     

As to KG "never having any teamates like CP3 does" I'd say that team with him, marbury  was pretty close. I know marburys later career was a disaster, but in those 3 years he was averaging 18 PPG and 7 assists. They made the second round twice.

People also underestimate the sprewell/cassel/KG teams in the 2003-2005 seasons because sprewell was  crazy mental midget. But he could play, they made the WCF and lost to the Lakers.

Kevin certainly never had a knock out team like the one here in Boston, but he had a few timberwolves teams that were above average to good, despite people wanting to forget that in the interest of the "Kevin never had any teamates!!!" theme. That theme is true for the bulk of his career in MINN but he had 3-4 years where his teams were considered good. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:23:10 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Chris Paul is a "punk", plain and simple.  Don't believe it, here's a couple examples from just this season.

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't like his flopping. I get it--it's a hyper competitive thing--but I don't like it.

That said, his numbers match up with the eye test: that he did everything he could on his own to take his team to victory. The Grizzlies just happen to be a nightmare matchup for almost every competitive team in the West (when Z-Bo is playing like he's capable of).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.