Author Topic: The narrative the Kyrie left the Cavs to be "the man" isn't totally accurate  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This is speculation, nice work, but still speculation.

So in the end, that was then... and this is now. For Kyrie to be successful in Boston he has to have a desire to actually stay here. There should be little speculation where he wants to play next year. Are you a Celtic or are you a superstar gypsy brand?

He talked the talk... about having his jersey hanging in the rafters. He needs to realize that it takes work and maturity. He needs to learn to actually steer the team by allowing players to develop and then trust them.

In the end, Dear Kyrie stop playing games! You either want to be a Celtic or you don't. If you don't step the hell out of the way!

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I stopped after This is

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kyrie is in Sidney Wicks and Bob McAdoo territory. That's all I have to say.
No...he really isn't. Kyrie is more like young Pierce or young Kobe. All three were great players when they were in their early and mid 20's and God awful leaders that rubbed people the wrong way. They needed to mature.

Kobe and Pierce became better team leaders in their late 20's and 30's because they did indeed mature and consequently, became better overall team leaders with more well rounded games that also played much better defense.

I can see Kyrie learning and growing this offseason both on and off the court. I can see Kyrie become a better leader one day because he failed so miserably at it this year. Live and learn. At least, if he is re-signed, that will be my hope

No, no, no. Who you are at age 26 and 27 is who you're going to be the rest of your life. Personal growth is a myth.

Are you serious? At first I thought you were being ironic, but I'm not sure about it.
Don't worry, he's joking
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I stopped after This is
Why?

It’s the Entresto heart failure pop up ad that interrupted me