Author Topic: Sign and trade....  (Read 1529 times)

Sign and trade....
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Irving to the Pels for Zion.

Not sure if the Pels do this but I can’t see the Celts just bring the same group back and think it will all turn out better.

I’d take back any expiring contracts to make it work.

Re: Sign and trade....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
There's been so many of these sign and trade Kyrie threads already. It's just not going to happen. The teams that Kyrie is interested in (Brooklyn, NYK, and Boston - and the LA teams depending on who you believe) have the cap to sign him outright. No one's going to give up assets to get him when they don't have to. On the other end, Kyrie gets nothing out of sign and trade. No extra years, not a ton more money. Nothing.

Kyrie isn't going to NOLA because why would he? AD is out.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Zion is one of the more untouchable players (soon to be) in the NBA. I am not sure whether that type is truly deserved based upon his skill set, but his ability to sell tickets is off the charts. He’s not being traded except for a top-5 player entering / in his prime.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 06:43:07 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Not sure if the Pels do this but I can’t see the Celts just bring the same group back and think it will all turn out better.

And why would Kyrie do this?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 07:23:17 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

it might be a good idea to do some research on such proposals prior to posting them. that would make your threads more compelling and get better responses.

has kyrie ever indicated he would do something such as this? everything thus far points to no.

further, in today's nba, sign and trades are less attractive since the player doesnt get top dollar. why would kyrie agree to less money?

the pelicans have stated they dont want to pay AD a super max. why would they change their minds AND add a max salary player on top of that?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 07:34:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Zion is one of the more untouchable players (soon to be) in the NBA. I am not sure whether that type is truly deserved based upon his skill set, but his ability to sell tickets is off the charts. He’s not being traded except for a top-5 player entering / in his prime.

and even then, whats the point

I wouldn't trade Zion unless it was for Giannis or Steph Curry

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:57:36 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

and even then, whats the point

I wouldn't trade Zion unless it was for Giannis or Steph Curry
potential is a drug in the nba. will williamson ever be as good as either of those players? i dont know, but it is quite possible he wont be.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I'm working on a sign and trade of Rozier for Giannis! I can't get it to work in the trade machine yet....