Author Topic: John Wall  (Read 4693 times)

Re: John Wall
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2023, 02:48:16 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
Honestly I'm all in bringing in John Wall as a point guard for the Celtics.  But I personally would rather him play the backup role.  With Brogdon not sure when he'll be back and Pritchard being the other point guard, I'm interested in what we could get for them.  My first call would be to Utah and trying to get Collin Sexton.  The combination of Brogdon and Pritchard maybe with a couple 2nd round picks, could be enough to get Sexton.  I think he'd be a perfect fit between value, age, contract and being a starter.  This also would be the perfect fit for John Wall to become the backup for Sexton.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2023, 02:55:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Honestly I'm all in bringing in John Wall as a point guard for the Celtics.  But I personally would rather him play the backup role.  With Brogdon not sure when he'll be back and Pritchard being the other point guard, I'm interested in what we could get for them.  My first call would be to Utah and trying to get Collin Sexton. The combination of Brogdon and Pritchard maybe with a couple 2nd round picks, could be enough to get Sexton.  I think he'd be a perfect fit between value, age, contract and being a starter.  This also would be the perfect fit for John Wall to become the backup for Sexton.

1.  What does Sexton do that Brogdon doesn't?

2.  If Sexton is starting, is White going back to the bench?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2023, 04:36:18 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
Honestly I'm all in bringing in John Wall as a point guard for the Celtics.  But I personally would rather him play the backup role.  With Brogdon not sure when he'll be back and Pritchard being the other point guard, I'm interested in what we could get for them.  My first call would be to Utah and trying to get Collin Sexton. The combination of Brogdon and Pritchard maybe with a couple 2nd round picks, could be enough to get Sexton.  I think he'd be a perfect fit between value, age, contract and being a starter.  This also would be the perfect fit for John Wall to become the backup for Sexton.

1.  What does Sexton do that Brogdon doesn't?

2.  If Sexton is starting, is White going back to the bench?

1.  I'm looking at his injury history where Brogdon for some reason can't stay healthy.  He's a great player but it just seems to find him always.  Sexton also has the ability to take over a game if he's needing to.  One of my favorite college performances ever was watching him play a 3-5 college game against Minnesota and almost dragging Alabama to a win.  The heart this player has I think is something the Celtics are missing, specially after trading Smart.  His contract is also 3 years, for less money then Brogdon.

2. Personally I think White is great off the bench for us.  But with Sexton and like I said John Wall coming as well it gives us a nice piece to have different line up looks.  Whether it's Williams, Porzi, Tatum, Brown, Sexton or could run Porzi, Tatum, Brown, White, Sexton.  Then a second unit being run with Wall and White at the guards with Horford playing the center.  Plus Sexton can play the two guard if wanting to runs White at the point as well.