Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 49622 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 08:44:16 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I just saw this listing of players the Celtics have interviewed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-draft-celtics-reportedly-180924910.html

Here's that list of players who have "met" with the Celtics as of Tuesday, as reported by Grenham:

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Immanuel Quickley, G, Kentucky

Grant Riller, G, College of Charleston

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Jay Scrubb, G, John A. Logan College

Daniel Oturu, F, Minnesota

Killian Tillie, F, Gonzaga

Payton Pritchard, G, Oregon

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Xavier Tillman, F, Michigan State

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

Tyrell Terry, G, Stanford

Quickley was appealing at a glance...if the C's are PG desiring...
He's a nice sharpshooting guard, but with his absolute inability to pass I don't know if he's going to be a long-term PG

I'm not sure that Quickley has an inability to pass, he clearly was not called upon to create for other at UK. Playing along side PG Hagans and combo guard Maxey he was very clearly on the court to shoot open shots. Its a small 6 game sample size but looking back at his senior year in high school at the Adidas Nations AAU circuit he averaged 4.7 asts .5TO in 26mpg. I believe he will be a capable off ball PG, never a starting caliber initiator but rather an off the ball PG like a George Hill, Seth Curry type.   
Maybe, I was just really unimpressed by how flustered he looked whenever I saw him. Looked to me like he couldn't handle the game speeding up as he transitioned from high school to college. I don't mind him as a secondary playmaker as his passing seems way more reactionary than anything else, but I have a hard time projecting him as a 4APG kind of guy George Hill was

Hill wasn't a great example because I agree 4 APG is the absolute ceiling I could see from Quickley. Eddie House is probably a better example of the style of guard I expect Quickley to be on offense. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Here's that list of players who have "met" with the Celtics as of Tuesday, as reported by Grenham:

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

He's a nice sharpshooting guard, but with his absolute inability to pass I don't know if he's going to be a long-term PG

I'm not sure that Quickley has an inability to pass, he clearly was not called upon to create for other at UK. Playing along side PG Hagans and combo guard Maxey he was very clearly on the court to shoot open shots. Its a small 6 game sample size but looking back at his senior year in high school at the Adidas Nations AAU circuit he averaged 4.7 asts .5TO in 26mpg. I believe he will be a capable off ball PG, never a starting caliber initiator but rather an off the ball PG like a George Hill, Seth Curry type.   
Maybe, I was just really unimpressed by how flustered he looked whenever I saw him. Looked to me like he couldn't handle the game speeding up as he transitioned from high school to college. I don't mind him as a secondary playmaker as his passing seems way more reactionary than anything else, but I have a hard time projecting him as a 4APG kind of guy George Hill was

Hill wasn't a great example because I agree 4 APG is the absolute ceiling I could see from Quickley. Eddie House is probably a better example of the style of guard I expect Quickley to be on offense.
I can agree with that for sure. Probably a neat player for a team with lots of playmaking ball-dominant wings, like us
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2020, 11:44:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Someone stated that Naji Marshall reminds them of Tyreke Evans.  And we all remember how much Danny liked Evans at one point

Just like Evans, Marshall can really handle the ball and finish near the basket with all kinds of bag of tricks.   Good passer.  But shooting needs to be refined.  Its not broken

I could see Danny taking him with one of the later 20s pick.  Also Killian Tillie.  CBS must be dying for another point big man who can shoot.   CBS will be relieved if Kanter opts out and Celts can add a stretch 4/5 instead

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2020, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Someone stated that Naji Marshall reminds them of Tyreke Evans.  And we all remember how much Danny liked Evans at one point

Just like Evans, Marshall can really handle the ball and finish near the basket with all kinds of bag of tricks.   Good passer.  But shooting needs to be refined.  Its not broken

I could see Danny taking him with one of the later 20s pick.  Also Killian Tillie.  CBS must be dying for another point big man who can shoot.   CBS will be relieved if Kanter opts out and Celts can add a stretch 4/5 instead
Danny does love a big playmaker. Hayward, Evan Turner, Tyreke Evans, now working out Marshall. If he could be as good as ET was for us he’d be a huge steal

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2020, 06:23:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Danny does love a big playmaker. Hayward, Evan Turner, Tyreke Evans, now working out Marshall. If he could be as good as ET was for us he’d be a huge steal

Orien Greene.

::)

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2020, 06:26:30 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

I can agree with that for sure. Probably a neat player for a team with lots of playmaking ball-dominant wings, like us

I like that he's 190 pounds with very long arms....If his defense is good then he's destined to be a better defender than House, though in fairness, I don't recall Eddie House on defense so maybe he was better than I imagine.

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Orien Greene.

I had high hopes for that guy.

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Orien Greene.

I had high hopes for that guy.

Me too.

Was a 2nd round pick, pick 53, so was a long shot. Looked great in pre-season games!! Like Carson Edwards, LOL.

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2020, 07:38:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Orien Greene.

Jeesh, forgot about him. Hopefully not another Orien!

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2020, 12:29:45 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added

Lamar Stevens, a 23 year old combo forward who I admittedly know very little about

Isaiah Stewart, one of the more polarizing prospects in the draft. He was ranked as a 96 and 3rd in his high-school class by ESPN. He has previously measured at 6'9 in shoes 245 with a massive 7'4" wingspan. At Washington he put up great stats especially for a young freshman. By all accounts he is a really high character kid and a hard worker. The knocks on him are centered around his explosiveness and fit in the modern game. In many ways he physically reminds me of Perk in his prime. Elite Strength, Elite Length, moves pretty well, but not overly explosive.

Early in the college bball season I was set that Stewart was lottery worth and a mix of Julius Randle and Tristam Thompson, I have come way down from that and now view him as a likely bench big who can provide 15-20mpg of energy in the paint. Probably a superior defender to Kanter but inferior offensive player. Someone I would be fine with in the late first if better option are not available.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2020, 06:11:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
added

Lamar Stevens, a 23 year old combo forward who I admittedly know very little about

Isaiah Stewart, one of the more polarizing prospects in the draft. He was ranked as a 96 and 3rd in his high-school class by ESPN. He has previously measured at 6'9 in shoes 245 with a massive 7'4" wingspan. At Washington he put up great stats especially for a young freshman. By all accounts he is a really high character kid and a hard worker. The knocks on him are centered around his explosiveness and fit in the modern game. In many ways he physically reminds me of Perk in his prime. Elite Strength, Elite Length, moves pretty well, but not overly explosive.

Early in the college bball season I was set that Stewart was lottery worth and a mix of Julius Randle and Tristam Thompson, I have come way down from that and now view him as a likely bench big who can provide 15-20mpg of energy in the paint. Probably a superior defender to Kanter but inferior offensive player. Someone I would be fine with in the late first if better option are not available.   
Isaiah Stewart fits the mould of high school star whose stock takes a hit at college

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2020, 11:01:45 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added

Nate Hinton, he is a really interesting wing prospect who should be available in the mid to late 2nd. He projects as a high level wing defender who at 6'5 210lbs averaged almost 9rb per game last season. His basic projections as a 3pt shooter looks pretty good as he was a career 80% from the FT line and shot 38% from 3 this past season on 3.8 attempts. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2020, 02:52:55 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
added

Nate Hinton, he is a really interesting wing prospect who should be available in the mid to late 2nd. He projects as a high level wing defender who at 6'5 210lbs averaged almost 9rb per game last season. His basic projections as a 3pt shooter looks pretty good as he was a career 80% from the FT line and shot 38% from 3 this past season on 3.8 attempts.
He does seem to be a good all-around prospect for the 2nd round.  I think he compares well to Thybulle as a prospect and he's just a sophomore not a senior.     

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2020, 03:35:36 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added

He does seem to be a good all-around prospect for the 2nd round.  I think he compares well to Thybulle as a prospect and he's just a sophomore not a senior.   

With a year or two of development its not a stretch to project him into a Thybulle/Roberson lite 3-D role. He may not have the ceiling to start but as a 8th man I can see him contributing in the playoffs.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2020, 12:32:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
delete
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:28:59 PM by Tr1boy »