Poll

Which team will advance farther in the playoffs this year?

Celtics (#2 in East, #3 in NBA)
2 (18.2%)
Bruins (#1 in East, #2 in NHL)
2 (18.2%)
They'll both win the championship
6 (54.5%)
They'll both lose in the same round
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Celtics vs. Bruins: who will go farther?  (Read 3435 times)

Celtics vs. Bruins: who will go farther?
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Simple question:  which team is going farther this year?  The Bruins put it all together and had a fantastic year this year, and seem to have recovered from some earlier injury problems.  The Celts are seemingly getting healthy right now, and have won 60+ games for the second year in a row.

Which team has the better chance to win a championship this year?  Who will go farther?

(It's sad, really.  The Bruins are the #1 seed in their conference, playing their most hated rival, and the excitement level is muted to the extreme, at least compared to what could be expected.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Celtics vs. Bruins: who will go farther?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
C's.....

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Good question, and honestly I have no idea, i havent missed 1 celtics game this season and have yet to watch a full bruins game( actually watched them more last year), so my heart says celtics  ;D
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:07:14 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
C's, im not convinced the B's will just breeze past the Canadians as some of my friends are.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:28 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
They'll both lose in the ECF, the C's to Cleveland and the Bruins to either Ovechkin and Bettman/the refs or Martin Brodeur and that [dang] NJ system.

Which will both pain me greatly... Just starting to mentally prepare.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
They'll both lose in the ECF, the C's to Cleveland and the Bruins to either Ovechkin and Bettman/the refs or Martin Brodeur and that [dang] NJ system.

Man...  I hope you're wrong.  I don't have huge hopes for the Bruins (although I'll be pulling for them hard), but if both teams lose in the ECF, it will be terrible.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Man...  I hope you're wrong.  I don't have huge hopes for the Bruins (although I'll be pulling for them hard), but if both teams lose in the ECF, it will be terrible.

Good Lord I want to be wrong... Just have a bad feeling about this overall.

KG knees, LeBron's play, Cleveland's overall team unity/"Playing for each other", etc.

Plus the Bruins are young, some of them will be wide-eyed, and they are just the Bruins. Also, I saw what Bettman did to the Rangers (a bigger market team) when the refs jobbed them against Crosby and Pittsburgh last year, so I know the league is pulling for Crosby or Ovechkin to make the Finals.

Side note though, how good do we have it when dual ECF losses is "terrible." Top 4 in both sports  ;D ... funny thing is that's the word I would use too. We are so spoiled.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."