Author Topic: Unleash our secret weapon: RW3  (Read 3953 times)

Re: Unleash our secret weapon: RW3
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 07:58:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i have a quick question. numerous posted has stated the celtics are getting killed by their lack of inside play. this surprised me since it seemed clear that were the celtics to shoot 3 pointers as have historically, the celtics record now would be very likely be 10-2, and even CSers would not complain too much about that.   (hint for those keeping score at home. 3 point shooting is not inside play.)

so, does anyone have anything aside form anecdotal information to show that our beloved celtics are indeed woefully inadequate inside...while at the same time taking into account that CBS likes the 3 point game. in short, just the facts ma'am.  ;D

I think that people are talking about the other end of the court. The Defensive end....
thanks liam, but again, i would ask for some information/data to show this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2018, 07:58:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
sigh, due to the problems with connected with CS, this is a double post. apologies extended.  :-[
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
i have a quick question. numerous posted has stated the celtics are getting killed by their lack of inside play. this surprised me since it seemed clear that were the celtics to shoot 3 pointers as have historically, the celtics record now would be very likely be 10-2, and even CSers would not complain too much about that.   (hint for those keeping score at home. 3 point shooting is not inside play.)

so, does anyone have anything aside form anecdotal information to show that our beloved celtics are indeed woefully inadequate inside...while at the same time taking into account that CBS likes the 3 point game. in short, just the facts ma'am.  ;D

I think that people are talking about the other end of the court. The Defensive end....
I think we're last or second last in free throws per game, but that's really all I can think of. It's our ice cold shooting on open 3's that is hurting us the most
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

All the data is based on really small amount of minutes. I have personal noticed , and maybe just green goggles here, that players don't seem as excited to drive to the hoop with Williams in the game.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2018, 12:33:42 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

All the data is based on really small amount of minutes. I have personal noticed , and maybe just green goggles here, that players don't seem as excited to drive to the hoop with Williams in the game.

Bingo. After Williams blocks a couple of shots, I noticed them pass out of his coverage.

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2018, 11:48:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Bingo. After Williams blocks a couple of shots, I noticed them pass out of his coverage.
Williams has 3 blocks, all in one game, in 7 minutes of garbage time, against Detroit's scrubs, in a game we we're winning by almost 30 points, when he entered the game. In that one game under those circumstances you noticed the Detroit scrubs passed out of Williams coverage because he blocked some shots.

Are you being serious here? Williams should get playing time ahead of Horford, Baynes and Theis because of that one 7 minute stretch in a complete blowout against scrubs? Wow!!!!

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 01:39:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Williams has 3 blocks, all in one game, in 7 minutes of garbage time, against Detroit's scrubs, in a game we we're winning by almost 30 points, when he entered the game. In that one game under those circumstances you noticed the Detroit scrubs passed out of Williams coverage because he blocked some shots.

Are you being serious here? Williams should get playing time ahead of Horford, Baynes and Theis because of that one 7 minute stretch in a complete blowout against scrubs? Wow!!!!

I'm not saying he should get playing time in front of anyone. I'm saying he brings a burst of energy in the very small stints that I've seen him play. In very small minutes, other teams players seem to react to the presence of Robert Williams.

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

None of these guys can post 3 blocks in 7 mins against scrubs and make them avoid him
None

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

None of these guys can post 3 blocks in 7 mins against scrubs and make them avoid him
None
Yeah, cause the last Celtic to be able to get three blocks against scrubs was Jordan Mickey.

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
we need to unleash something

Celtic basketball sucks

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

None
Yeah, cause the last Celtic to be able to get three blocks against scrubs was Jordan Mickey.

I love those type of lazy comparisons.... ;D

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I am dead serious. I watched Rondo for 15 minutes in a summer league game, and knew he was a winner.

Williams is a tremendous defender and rebounder.

And who said playing time ahead of Baynes and Horford?

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He dont shoot 3s so thats why he doesnt play
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Maybe Brad has seen something in training and practice that we haven't in the brief time we've seen him on the floor that's made him think that Williams is best brought on slowly, rather than risking throwing him in the deep end and ruining his confidence if things don't work out.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D