Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 564192 times)

blink, celticsclay, RMO, Neurotic Guy, hpantazo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #7215 on: May 04, 2024, 09:26:30 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1503
Ant really the difference in this one.   If Denver lets him explode like that on offense, it is going to be rough for them.
Granted, I am not sure what you do to stop him.   I guess make someone else beat you, but Naz R. was up to the task in the 4th.

« Reply #7216 on: May 04, 2024, 09:33:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Denver has zero answer for Edwards

« Reply #7217 on: May 04, 2024, 09:38:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
43pts for Anthony Edwards.

I did not realize he had that much.

« Reply #7218 on: May 04, 2024, 11:46:11 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
When we first lost to the Timberwolves this season I called them frauds and would never be “true contenders” I think I can officially say I was wrong. They’re legit. Have been all year. Still think the nuggets find a way to win that series but wouldn’t be surprised otherwise.

« Reply #7219 on: May 04, 2024, 11:54:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
A little look at some Clippers playoff stats

Harden = 21ppg 8apg 4.5rpg 61.6% TS%. He has almost as many steals and blocks (12) as turnovers (14). He had almost a 4:1 AST:TOV ratio.

PG13 = 19.5ppg 7rpg 5apg 55.2% TS%. Also 14 turnovers.

Westbrook = 26% FG% 23.5% 3PT% 6ppg 2apg
Zubac = 16ppg 9rpg 61.5% TS%
Norm Powell = 13ppg 57% TS%
Mann = 9ppg 56.5% TS%
Kawhi = 2gms 12ppg 47% TS%

Harden far and away the best performer for the Clippers.

« Reply #7220 on: May 05, 2024, 12:04:04 AM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 564
A little look at some Clippers playoff stats

Harden = 21ppg 8apg 4.5rpg 61.6% TS%. He has almost as many steals and blocks (12) as turnovers (14). He had almost a 4:1 AST:TOV ratio.

PG13 = 19.5ppg 7rpg 5apg 55.2% TS%. Also 14 turnovers.

Westbrook = 26% FG% 23.5% 3PT% 6ppg 2apg
Zubac = 16ppg 9rpg 61.5% TS%
Norm Powell = 13ppg 57% TS%
Mann = 9ppg 56.5% TS%
Kawhi = 2gms 12ppg 47% TS%

Harden far and away the best performer for the Clippers.

Harden had a similar series to last year vs the Celtics in that he was awesome some games, non existent some others.

Its pretty clear that at his age he can't bring 100% every night, but he's still good when he can.

« Reply #7221 on: May 05, 2024, 12:06:12 AM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
James Harden wants new deal, wouldn’t touch him whatsoever

I know the Sixers were first round exits but they didn't make a mistake letting him go.

They didn’t really get anything useful for him and I think they would still be playing if he was in their team. So I actually think they did make a mistake. Especially when you consider how wide open rest of east became

I don't. But my point more so was not giving him a big-time extension when the time came for it. If the Clips give him it they'll regret it but I guess they don't have much of a choice with Kawhi locked in and George potentially leaving this offseason, possibly even to Philly lol (or Orlando)

I agree with you that if some team gives harden a high dollar extension it will be bad, but I also think there was a high opportunity cost here. Embid may have two or three more postseasons in him. In a very tight 6 game series I don’t know how someone could argue the upgrade from batum to harden wouldn’t have swung the series. Or maybe they win a few more games in regular season and are playing the Cavs or magic instead. Maybe harden would have refused to play or something but they basically punted on this year with that trade and worn Embid in his thirties now I don’t think that was wise.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but honestly for me I feel like everyone says this about Harden every year lol. And the same thing happens, his teams choke, Harden himself chokes, and we're back to square one in the offseason. If Harden is *that* guy then he should have helped George guide the Clippers past the Mavs. He couldn't do it. Couldn't help PHI in Games 6 and 7 last year. Had some chances in his peak with the Rockets but also came up short. Something would have happened or he would have created more drama if he stayed in Philly probably. His relationship with Morey seemed to also sour which was definitely a factor.

Sure, maybe he helps PHI win a playoff game or two. Sixers still lost in 5 games, so I guess instead they would have lost in 6 or 7? I think if anything, maybe having Harden around while Embiid was out would have kept PHI in the playoff picture and allowed them to avoid the play-in, but then again, do Maxey and some of the others grow and have an impact or do their roles diminish too? Maxey was huge for them in their only playoff win.

The sixers lost in 6 games not 5. I don’t really get the idea that he can’t help them win that series if he is playing instead of batum.

« Reply #7222 on: May 05, 2024, 12:57:27 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
The Ant love on SM after winning gm1 in the 2nd rd is nauseating. My biggest annoyance when it comes to the nba is how hype trains start before anything has been accomplished.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #7223 on: May 05, 2024, 06:44:59 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
When we first lost to the Timberwolves this season I called them frauds and would never be “true contenders” I think I can officially say I was wrong. They’re legit. Have been all year. Still think the nuggets find a way to win that series but wouldn’t be surprised otherwise.

i feel like alot of fans are overrating denver as this unstoppable juggernaut because they won last year. when in reality they only won 53 games this year, they have no bench and Murray is playing on a strained calf. even though they beat the lakers in 5 games. that series was closer than it should've been. they won by a combined 11 points

if KAT didn't sprain his MCL the wolves are probably the #1 seed. I think they take this series. Denver doesn't shoot alot of 3's their offense is predicated on getting to the rim. that plays right into minnesotas defense who has KAT and Gobert waiting down there.

also gobert can play pretty solid defense on jokic and you throw Anthony edwards on Murray with a sprained calf.

this series is going 6 or 7 anyway. could go either way
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 06:59:24 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #7224 on: May 05, 2024, 07:32:49 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
The Ant love on SM after winning gm1 in the 2nd rd is nauseating. My biggest annoyance when it comes to the nba is how hype trains start before anything has been accomplished.

Yeah…coming into the season I thought he was underrated. He’s now become overrated. He’s playing really well don’t get me wrong but dudes getting Michael Jordan comparisons and put into the top 5

« Reply #7225 on: May 05, 2024, 07:36:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Denver just didn’t look right yesterday, Murray calf looks like it’s bothering him also…and wish all players in NBA would quit complaining on every play, saw Edwards one time arguing a no call & Denver was running right pass him with his head turn..Joker getting bump, he acts like a bobble head lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7226 on: May 05, 2024, 08:06:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah…coming into the season I thought he was underrated. He’s now become overrated. He’s playing really well don’t get me wrong but dudes getting Michael Jordan comparisons and put into the top 5

recency bias i guess. also maybe people overrated the suns just because of their star power. their talent never fit together. and none of them play defense

« Reply #7227 on: May 05, 2024, 08:13:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Denver just didn’t look right yesterday, Murray calf looks like it’s bothering him also…and wish all players in NBA would quit complaining on every play, saw Edwards one time arguing a no call & Denver was running right pass him with his head turn..Joker getting bump, he acts like a bobble head lol

murray is playing through a calf strain. not sure what grade, but denver doesn't really have the luxury of resting him out in the west since they can't really get offense elsewhere if he sat.

« Reply #7228 on: May 05, 2024, 08:21:13 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
No LA teams, no Miami, no 76ers, no Bucks, no Golden State, no Phoenix..it’s very refreshing to see new teams to watch in 2nd round..who would thought at beginning of the season all these teams be gone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7229 on: May 05, 2024, 10:48:25 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 628
No LA teams, no Miami, no 76ers, no Bucks, no Golden State, no Phoenix..it’s very refreshing to see new teams to watch in 2nd round..who would thought at beginning of the season all these teams be gone

Yeah, all the older super stars are out. Lebron, Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Harden, Butler….Good.