Author Topic: Latest Topic Posts Suggestion & Main Blog Articles  (Read 4098 times)

Latest Topic Posts Suggestion & Main Blog Articles
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:20:50 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't know if these are possible, but here are some ideas and suggestions anyways:

1) Is it possible to include in the Latest Topic Posts feature articles that are posted in the Main Blog, and if possible also bump them just the same when someone comments on them?

2) Alternatively, I've seen some blog-type sites that also have an SMF forum and the forum itself (a specific forum section) feeds new threads (you give privileges to start threads only to the admins/writers) and its first post of the thread to the Main Page, as if it were an article/blog entry. What this does is that the commenting feature is no longer needed, as a simple link to the thread would be enough to discuss it as if it were a normal thread in the forum.

What this does is that it takes advantage of the Latest Topic Posts and it should improve discussion in the topic. Also, if you find a thread of interest in some other forum section, you can simply move it to this special forum section "News/Announcements" or whatever, edit the first post if needed, and just like that you have a new article in the first page.

I don't know if you guys know how to do this, you probably do, but I've seen it done before. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys didn't already do this and simply had the forum section hidden.

The main reason for this, on a personal level, is that I usually have my browser open with the forums. I usually don't go back to the main page, I forget about it and end up missing some new article or some new comments of interest.

Thanks.