Author Topic: Rajon Rondo Nears Unwanted Record  (Read 8053 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo Nears Unwanted Record
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2021, 05:32:38 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
People here hate Kyrie, i stopped liking him when he stepped on our lucky logo, but Rondo, joining Lakers for the second time to win another ring. To me he is one of the biggest traitors in Celtics history!

And this is the difference between a player and a fan. I’m glad I’m a fan where you can follow your heart, being a player means making pragmatic decisions. Just ask Isaiah Thomas if he feels that Danny Ainge and the Cs were traitors.
But yet, the hypocrisy of Cs fans with Ray Allen is mind blowing. Allen did what he considers best for him and he is labeled a traitor. He did nothing wrong outside of upset fake tough guy in KG basically. Most Cs fans still laud Rondo even though he became a malcontent on the Cs and then eventually helping Lebron win a title with the Lakers.

He turned down more money from us when we were still title contenders to play for the only other team in the East that was a genuine threat.  I'm sorry but that is the biggest traitor move, much bigger than Rondo or Kyrie
He based his decision based off what he thought was best for him at that stage at his career. He turned down a few extra million for a chance to win another ring (which he did) considering everyone on the Cs was cooked and had no shot at another ring. There’s literally nothing wrong with that.

And, it came after the team tried to trade him to Memphis without prior warning or consent.  I have never held a grudge against Ray. Rondo has always bothered me more, because he essentially quit on the team.
Yes, exactly my point. Rondo literally walked out on the team and skipped a game for his birthday celebration. Why Rondo did was literally worse than what Allen did (chasing a ring) or Kyrie (stomping on a logo), especially considering Rondo was no where near as good as either of the other guys mentioned talent wise and production wise.

I’m sorry but I believe you’re misinformed regarding the incident.

In 2014, Rondo didn’t travel with the Celtics for a game against Sacramento, in which he wasn’t scheduled to play.

Essentially Rondo didn’t attend a game where he was only going to be sitting on the sidelines. It was already established that Rondo was not playing back-to-back’s after returning from his ACL tear, I believe the main issue was because he didn’t communicate correctly with management regarding him staying back in L.A.

Remember this was the 2013-14 season in which the team went 25–57 (.305) and the only remaining players from our competitive era were, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green & Brandon Bass.

Perhaps if Rondo actually bailed on the team that season, the Celtics would have Joel Embiid instead of Marcus Smart haha.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 06:23:33 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 09:57:09 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
People here hate Kyrie, i stopped liking him when he stepped on our lucky logo, but Rondo, joining Lakers for the second time to win another ring. To me he is one of the biggest traitors in Celtics history!

And this is the difference between a player and a fan. I’m glad I’m a fan where you can follow your heart, being a player means making pragmatic decisions. Just ask Isaiah Thomas if he feels that Danny Ainge and the Cs were traitors.
But yet, the hypocrisy of Cs fans with Ray Allen is mind blowing. Allen did what he considers best for him and he is labeled a traitor. He did nothing wrong outside of upset fake tough guy in KG basically. Most Cs fans still laud Rondo even though he became a malcontent on the Cs and then eventually helping Lebron win a title with the Lakers.

He turned down more money from us when we were still title contenders to play for the only other team in the East that was a genuine threat.  I'm sorry but that is the biggest traitor move, much bigger than Rondo or Kyrie
He based his decision based off what he thought was best for him at that stage at his career. He turned down a few extra million for a chance to win another ring (which he did) considering everyone on the Cs was cooked and had no shot at another ring. There’s literally nothing wrong with that.

And, it came after the team tried to trade him to Memphis without prior warning or consent.  I have never held a grudge against Ray. Rondo has always bothered me more, because he essentially quit on the team.
Yes, exactly my point. Rondo literally walked out on the team and skipped a game for his birthday celebration. Why Rondo did was literally worse than what Allen did (chasing a ring) or Kyrie (stomping on a logo), especially considering Rondo was no where near as good as either of the other guys mentioned talent wise and production wise.

In 2014, Rondo didn’t travel with the Celtics for a game against Sacramento, in which he wasn’t scheduled to play.

Essentially Rondo didn’t attend a game where he was only going to be sitting on the sidelines. It was already established that Rondo was not playing back-to-back’s after returning from his ACL tear, I believe the main issue was because he didn’t communicate correctly with management regarding him staying back in L.A.

Remember this was the 2013-14 season in which the team went 25–57 (.305) and the only remaining players from our competitive era were, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green & Brandon Bass.

Perhaps if Rondo actually bailed on the team that season, the Celtics would have Joel Embiid instead of Marcus Smart haha.
So he didn't communicate that he wasn't going to be at a game the team thought he was going to be at.  In other words, walked out on the team and skipped a game for his birthday celebration.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 10:34:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

So he didn't communicate that he wasn't going to be at a game the team thought he was going to be at.  In other words, walked out on the team and skipped a game for his birthday celebration.
Yes he blew it, no sugar-coating, and that wasn't even the worst anti-team incident in his career.  We walked out on a Dallas team during the playoffs.