Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29719 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 03:48:27 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Lol @ Rondo complaining about the hotel accommodations.

I realize this is tough on the players, but going in with a positive attitude shouldn't be too much to ask for. These guys make a LOT more money than almost anybody else on earth. Staying in luxurious resorts for a couple of months shouldn't be a catastrophic experience.

No, It's not tough on the players. Give me a break. They are spoiled rotten millionaires staying at a luxury hotel and confined to a world-class resort with both team and league staff on-call for any need they might have.

Jayson Tatum - if he wants to be a great Celtic - needs to knock off the whining and focus on getting himself back in shape and being a positive force in the locker room. I suppose it took Kevin Garnett's influence for Paul Pierce to finally grow up, Jayson needs to have a vet sit-down and educate him on how good he has it and what a special opportunity he has to have an extraordinary career playing for the NBA's premier franchise.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 07:03:41 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I realize this is tough on the players, but going in with a positive attitude shouldn't be too much to ask for. These guys make a LOT more money than almost anybody else on earth. Staying in luxurious resorts for a couple of months shouldn't be a catastrophic experience.

No, It's not tough on the players. Give me a break. They are spoiled rotten millionaires staying at a luxury hotel and confined to a world-class resort with both team and league staff on-call for any need they might have.

Jayson Tatum - if he wants to be a great Celtic - needs to knock off the whining and focus on getting himself back in shape and being a positive force in the locker room. I suppose it took Kevin Garnett's influence for Paul Pierce to finally grow up, Jayson needs to have a vet sit-down and educate him on how good he has it and what a special opportunity he has to have an extraordinary career playing for the NBA's premier franchise.

Love KG, but he's never had to navigate a PANDEMIC....

Especially one poorly managed by our leadership.

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 07:12:42 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Telling people how good they have it when they feel like crap does about as much good as telling a person with high anxiety not to worry about it.

I’m not disagreeing that these men generally have a good thing going and 3 months of being in a bubble isn’t the worst price to pay for making millions of dollars.  Most of us would take the deal without blinking.  But humans are ... human.

I get you are saying essentially that Tatum should grow up and appreciate what he’s got.  I hope so too.  But everyone’s journey is both different and imperfect.  Not saying a talking to by KG won’t help, but Tatum is not the same person as KG (who is also imperfect) and while he could be helped to see things differently and perhaps motivated/encouraged to focus on the obsession of winning, what ticks inside of JT operates in large part on its own developmental timetable.  I’m not say he wouldn’t benefit from a talking to - I am saying the logic to the solution is more complex than your post indicates.

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 12:55:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Telling people how good they have it when they feel like crap does about as much good as telling a person with high anxiety not to worry about it.

I’m not disagreeing that these men generally have a good thing going and 3 months of being in a bubble isn’t the worst price to pay for making millions of dollars.  Most of us would take the deal without blinking.  But humans are ... human.

I get you are saying essentially that Tatum should grow up and appreciate what he’s got.  I hope so too.  But everyone’s journey is both different and imperfect.  Not saying a talking to by KG won’t help, but Tatum is not the same person as KG (who is also imperfect) and while he could be helped to see things differently and perhaps motivated/encouraged to focus on the obsession of winning, what ticks inside of JT operates in large part on its own developmental timetable.  I’m not say he wouldn’t benefit from a talking to - I am saying the logic to the solution is more complex than your post indicates.

What did Tatum do?

By the way TP to new poster NorthStation for the pics.

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
If Kemba's knee is still not feeling better after having 4 months off, then perhaps it's time to move on from him.

I hate to agree, but you are right. The knee is said to be bone on bone. Why else have silicon injections? Anyone who has suffered bone on bone in a knee joint can tell you that it is debilitating. See Dustin Pedroia. Most of those knees end up being surgically replaced. I am sorry for Kemba, and it looks like the Celtics made a bad signing.

I was told that some day there may be a way to replace worn cartilage, unfortunately not anytime soon.

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 07:59:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
If Kemba's knee is still not feeling better after having 4 months off, then perhaps it's time to move on from him.

I hate to agree, but you are right. The knee is said to be bone on bone. Why else have silicon injections? Anyone who has suffered bone on bone in a knee joint can tell you that it is debilitating. See Dustin Pedroia. Most of those knees end up being surgically replaced. I am sorry for Kemba, and it looks like the Celtics made a bad signing.

I was told that some day there may be a way to replace worn cartilage, unfortunately not anytime soon.

If this is true, it's horrible news—for him, the team, and us fans.

And I agree: If he's still needing to take it slow—after almost four months off, and with an injury that we were told wasn't "significant," that's a HUGE red flag. Like, KG-size red flag.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 08:02:04 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
Love KG, but he's never had to navigate a PANDEMIC....

Especially one poorly managed by our leadership.
[/quote]

Garnett wouldn't be leaving playoff games, like Hayward...Neither Bird, nor Jordan. Highest paid players have a different responsiblity.

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 08:04:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

If this is true, it's horrible news—for him, the team, and us fans.

And I agree: If he's still needing to take it slow—after almost four months off, and with an injury that we were told wasn't "significant," that's a HUGE red flag. Like, KG-size red flag.

Weren't we told several times after his MRIs that he had no structural damage?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28510592/celtics-kemba-walker-gets-mri-no-structural-damage-knee

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 08:09:22 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28510592/celtics-kemba-walker-gets-mri-no-structural-damage-knee
[/quote]

Do you believe that?

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 08:11:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Do you believe that?
[/quote]

It could be that cartilage damage is not within their definition of structural damage. They may have meant no bone, ligament, or tendon damage.

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2020, 08:15:49 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett

It could be that cartilage damage is not within their definition of structural damage. They may have meant no bone, ligament, or tendon damage.
[/quote]

Probably. The MRI would show cartilage damage, for sure.

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
We're not going anywhere without a healthy Kemba.

I hope he's healthy....if not we're in a bad place.

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Did Charlotte dump damaged goods on the Celtics?

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 09:25:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Doubt it. He played 82 games last season, and wasn’t showing any obvious sign of injury until he got here.

Maybe MJ outsmarted Danny though? Who knows.

Let’s hope Kemba is as healthy as possible
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Don't know but given this team's unfortunate injury history over the last 12 years or so this is a cause for concern.

I will need to see the EARLY SEASON Kemba before I think we can make a serious run this year.