Beyond the Association > Global Basketball

2024 Olympics

(1/4) > >>

Roy H.:
Joel Embiid wants to play for the USA at the Paris Olympics.

Other names off the top of my head that have expressed interest:

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Damian Lillard
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo

Who else have you heard?

GetLucky:
Curry, "If all things stay the same, I want to be playing [in the Olympics]. It's the one thing I haven't done."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu87YE8fEXs

Roy H.:
Others:

--- Quote ---Others expressed the same sentiment: Bam Adebayo has said he’s committed to the team, while DeMar DeRozan, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Aaron Gordon, Fred VanVleet and Brook Lopez are among those who indicated they would play if asked. Kyrie Irving said the same at Dallas’ media day last week, and Draymond Green previously indicated that he wants another Olympic opportunity.

This much is clear: There are 12 roster spots and a lot more than 12 interested players. It’s a wonderful problem for USA Basketball to have.
--- End quote ---

I'd be fine with sitting some of those guys out.  Middleton, for instance.  Personally, I don't want Green there, either.

chicagoceltic:

--- Quote from: Roy H. on October 05, 2023, 03:03:25 PM ---Others:

--- Quote ---Others expressed the same sentiment: Bam Adebayo has said he’s committed to the team, while DeMar DeRozan, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Aaron Gordon, Fred VanVleet and Brook Lopez are among those who indicated they would play if asked. Kyrie Irving said the same at Dallas’ media day last week, and Draymond Green previously indicated that he wants another Olympic opportunity.

This much is clear: There are 12 roster spots and a lot more than 12 interested players. It’s a wonderful problem for USA Basketball to have.
--- End quote ---

I'd be fine with sitting some of those guys out.  Middleton, for instance.  Personally, I don't want Green there, either.

--- End quote ---
It’s not too hard to envision Draymond doing something stupid in international play, is it? Please keep him far away from Team USA.

ozgod:

--- Quote from: Roy H. on October 05, 2023, 01:59:33 PM ---Joel Embiid wants to play for the USA at the Paris Olympics.

Other names off the top of my head that have expressed interest:

Lebron James
Damian Lillard
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo

Who else have you heard?

--- End quote ---

That solves our big problem in one fell swoop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version