Author Topic: Kuzma drops 41pts on the pistons  (Read 2245 times)

Re: Kuzma drops 41pts on the pistons
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Nice game, but a lot of good players have breakout games (and Kuzma is a good player).

As it pertains to the Celtics - I don't think it really moves the needle. As an older, later pick, Kuzma probably still holds about the same value as Ingram/Ball and maybe Brown. Tatum still blows all of those players out of the water with his age, pedigree, and production on a winning team.

I see Kuzma as closer in value to younger Marcus Morris than Jayson Tatum.

How does Tatum blow any of those players out of the water let alone Kuzma?  What specifically has he done to separate himself from that pack?

Kuzma is averaging more points and assists and has a higher eFG% than Tatum...

You mean 20 y/o Tatum compared to 23 y/o Kuzma. The potential just isn't there. He is a good, consistent player who will be in the league for a long time, but as an asset, he just isn't in Tatum's stratosphere.

And I know that Ingram and Ball are also young, but they just aren't where Tatum is. And, as apc discussed, look where each team was last year with young guys leading the charge.

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
i saw that game ,  typical Lakers at home,  they jumped all,over the pistons .   

Pistons played like dog poo .  Pathetic.
I turned it off , i knew the pistons were cooked before they took the court.  Lakers kids live for the home court crowd .

They ahave tomhave Bron , who can score 40 on anybodies home court to beat good teams away.

That’s how they played vs us first game.

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
1 pt so far as the half tonight lol

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 09:47:53 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Nice game, but a lot of good players have breakout games (and Kuzma is a good player).

As it pertains to the Celtics - I don't think it really moves the needle. As an older, later pick, Kuzma probably still holds about the same value as Ingram/Ball and maybe Brown. Tatum still blows all of those players out of the water with his age, pedigree, and production on a winning team.

I see Kuzma as closer in value to younger Marcus Morris than Jayson Tatum.

How does Tatum blow any of those players out of the water let alone Kuzma?  What specifically has he done to separate himself from that pack?

Kuzma is averaging more points and assists and has a higher eFG% than Tatum...

You mean 20 y/o Tatum compared to 23 y/o Kuzma. The potential just isn't there. He is a good, consistent player who will be in the league for a long time, but as an asset, he just isn't in Tatum's stratosphere.

And I know that Ingram and Ball are also young, but they just aren't where Tatum is. And, as apc discussed, look where each team was last year with young guys leading the charge.

So your assumption is that Tatum can only get better, and Kuzma will only stay the same or get marginally better because he is 23?  I mean... People think Gordon Hayward is still going to get a lot better as a player and he's 28 years old...  Is his "potential" capped too?