Author Topic: Kuzma drops 41pts on the pistons  (Read 2243 times)

Kuzma drops 41pts on the pistons
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:58:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone see this? What surprised me was he was 5-10 from 3. He attempted 10 3pters and made half

Ball 5pts and Ingram 10 pts.

Mike Beasley with 19pts lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:05:54 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Kuzma drops 41pts on the pistons
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:56 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I caught the fourth quarter
Good for him

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:45:40 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Anyone see this? What surprised me was he was 5-10 from 3. He attempted 10 3pters and made half

For me Ball & Ingram are more Shaun Livingston & Rip Hamilton than Kidd & Durant, this is why only way Anthony Davis becomes a Laker over a Celtic is if he says to Ainge "don't trade for me, I only want to play for the Lakers".

One permutation that hasn't been talked about is if the Pelicans stink for the rest of the season and by sheer luck they get a top 3 draft pick they could easily flip it for a disgruntled star and a rebuilding team such as Beal & Washington, this would give New Orleans another season with Davis at least.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:51:57 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 02:01:19 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Kyle Kuzma is their second best player on that team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:56 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Not bad for the 27th pick in his draft...

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Nice game, but a lot of good players have breakout games (and Kuzma is a good player).

As it pertains to the Celtics - I don't think it really moves the needle. As an older, later pick, Kuzma probably still holds about the same value as Ingram/Ball and maybe Brown. Tatum still blows all of those players out of the water with his age, pedigree, and production on a winning team.

I see Kuzma as closer in value to younger Marcus Morris than Jayson Tatum.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Good night from a good player.

It helps to get you going when you score 6 points early off of wide open layups because the Pistons aren't playing defense.

The guy can score at a high level. No doubt about that.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 09:49:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He is much better than I thought. Figured his first year numbers were fools gold.

Good example like Brognan taking closer look at 4 year college guys.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 09:56:13 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
He'll be good trade bait for the Lakers at some point.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Nice game, but a lot of good players have breakout games (and Kuzma is a good player).

As it pertains to the Celtics - I don't think it really moves the needle. As an older, later pick, Kuzma probably still holds about the same value as Ingram/Ball and maybe Brown. Tatum still blows all of those players out of the water with his age, pedigree, and production on a winning team.

How does Tatum blow any of those players out of the water let alone Kuzma?  What specifically has he done to separate himself from that pack?

Kuzma is averaging more points and assists and has a higher eFG% than Tatum...

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 10:12:27 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He'll be good trade bait for the Lakers at some point.
I think the thought is that Kuzma is the one guy out of he, Ball, and Ingram that best fits  with Lebron.  I think the other guys are the trade bait.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

How does Tatum blow any of those players out of the water let alone Kuzma?  What specifically has he done to separate himself from that pack?

Kuzma is averaging more points and assists and has a higher eFG% than Tatum...
Tatum (together with Brown)led a team to eastern finals.

They are both very good, but impossible to compare 2 different teams and rolls. 

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

For me Ball & Ingram are more Shaun Livingston & Rip Hamilton than Kidd & Durant, this is why only way Anthony Davis becomes a Laker over a Celtic is if he says to Ainge "don't trade for me, I only want to play for the Lakers".

One permutation that hasn't been talked about is if the Pelicans stink for the rest of the season and by sheer luck they get a top 3 draft pick they could easily flip it for a disgruntled star and a rebuilding team such as Beal & Washington, this would give New Orleans another season with Davis at least.
interesting point.  would NO have the cap room to take in a fair amount of salary (assumption that they'd try for a very good vet that does not have a cheap contract) that would not require them to send out some salary?  if they need to send out salary, that makes that pick much less valuable in terms of who they could obtain

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 12:43:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

interesting point.  would NO have the cap room to take in a fair amount of salary (assumption that they'd try for a very good vet that does not have a cheap contract) that would not require them to send out some salary?  if they need to send out salary, that makes that pick much less valuable in terms of who they could obtain

They have a lot of next cap room next year. They will have approximately $24,785,451 cap room available next year, And probably more, depending on what Randle does with his $9 million player option, which he will most likely refuse. They can also clear $1.7 million off the books by denying Okafor's team option.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 01:08:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i saw that game ,  typical Lakers at home,  they jumped all,over the pistons .   

Pistons played like dog poo .  Pathetic.
I turned it off , i knew the pistons were cooked before they took the court.  Lakers kids live for the home court crowd .

They ahave tomhave Bron , who can score 40 on anybodies home court to beat good teams away.