Author Topic: If Tatum and brown are future stars...  (Read 1081 times)

If Tatum and brown are future stars...
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:33:08 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
...what exactly is Doncic?  Man, that dude looks like a future MVP candidate.  The suns, kings, and hawks are going to be kicking themselves for years to come.

Re: If Tatum and brown are future stars...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 01:38:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yeah, future MVP candidate. I'd say he already looks better than JT, JB, Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Jamal Murray and Ingram. Not to even mention the guys from his own draft class.

And people thought it was crazy to say he would be better than Dirk immediately. Dirk's rookie season was statistically not even half of what Doncic is doing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 01:51:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I pushed Doncic so hard this last year as I was convinced he would be just a special player. The complaints of lack of speed and size and athleticism I heard about him astounded me. All you had to do was watch Real Madrid's games online and it was obvious his speed, size and athleticism wasn't going to be a problem. The kid has amazing all around skills and just a knack of the game. That something.

Imagine if that Philly pick ended up at 3 last year. We would have taken Doncic third. Adding Doncic to Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams, Hayward and Horford as your 8 man core for the foreseeable future probably guarantees about 3-4 titles.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:04:39 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I pushed Doncic so hard this last year as I was convinced he would be just a special player. The complaints of lack of speed and size and athleticism I heard about him astounded me. All you had to do was watch Real Madrid's games online and it was obvious his speed, size and athleticism wasn't going to be a problem. The kid has amazing all around skills and just a knack of the game. That something.

Imagine if that Philly pick ended up at 3 last year. We would have taken Doncic third. Adding Doncic to Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams, Hayward and Horford as your 8 man core for the foreseeable future probably guarantees about 3-4 titles.

I certainly wasn't as 'hot' on Doncic as you were, at least not as far back before the draft.  But by the draft I knew for sure he was the top prospect in this draft, and had a really good chance at being a LeBron/Durant/Davis level franchise player.

I was just astounded people thought Ayton was the guy in this draft.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 02:12:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I certainly wasn't as 'hot' on Doncic as you were, at least not as far back before the draft.  But by the draft I knew for sure he was the top prospect in this draft, and had a really good chance at being a LeBron/Durant/Davis level franchise player.

I was just astounded people thought Ayton was the guy in this draft.
Yeah, I wasn't and still am not a fan of either Ayton or Bagley. Still think there is a chance Jaren Jackson is better than both. He was 2nd on my wish list for last year.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 02:21:16 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’m not as hyped about him as most. I think he has the potential to be a great player (and potentially an MVP-candidate), but he’s not the second-coming some are making him out to be.

He’s about as advanced a rookie his age as there’s ever been, so how quickly he adapted to the NBA and succeeded is not exactly shocking (given his talent)..

I don’t think the Suns made such a huge mistake, but I guess it’s obvious to some after only half a season in which he is struggling to the tune of 17 and 11 on 60% shooting. Clearly he’s gonna be a bust.

I will say I would have taken him 2nd no doubt. I thought the Hawks were crazy for that deal, and they will regret it more than Sacramento and certainly more than Phoenix.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 02:21:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
All the teams that passed on doncic, especially the hawks are going to seriously regret it

Doncic is likely to be a perennial all star, league mvp, and future hall of famer. I know it’s early, but he’s breaking records as a 19 year old rookie. Another 10 years of him stacking statistics like this and he will lock up his spot in the hall easily

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 03:38:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
All the teams that passed on doncic, especially the hawks are going to seriously regret it

Doncic is likely to be a perennial all star, league mvp, and future hall of famer. I know it’s early, but he’s breaking records as a 19 year old rookie. Another 10 years of him stacking statistics like this and he will lock up his spot in the hall easily

Hold your horses

He has a long way to go